Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the link above:

When asked to elaborate on scanner reports that Papini, 34, was found "chained to something," Bosenko noted that his agency has not phrased it that way.
"We weren't specific on how she was restrained," he said. "After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

Hmmm. Well, this is DEFINITELY NOT being "left for dead." A good bit of walking being done, in fact...

Interesting ... Piece of flexible metal which to tighten, needs a screwdriver or pair of pliers. If I were trying to restrain someone that wouldn't be my first choice. I'll have to mull that one over.

In fact using hose clamps is a pain in the keester. I know this from replacing my pond pump and various other things. The advance on the ratchet using a screwdriver is very slow. An electric drill works much better. You can pull the lead through for part of the tightening, but then you have to use the screw to finish the job.

Just invest in a quality pair of handcuffs, is what I say.

For comparison sake, I was violently assaulted by a stranger who broke into my apartment while I slept, and I was beat up and strangled, but I didn't have any broken bones or trachea damage, so I was in & out of the hospital within a few hours. It was around 5 am so not a busy time at that particular ER.
The fight or flight response can enable strength and endurance you wouldn't imagine. I fought off a make attacker who was taller & bigger than I, while he strangled me from behind, and having been surprised by him while I was sleeping. I fought him off and got away. I felt no pain (just terror) for hours. Actually I felt no pain for days, despite bloodied nose, two black eyes, bruised neck, etc.
As far as police interviews, I told the story to dozens of EMTs, doctors, social workers, & police officers that morning & in the 2-3 days following. Then I heard nothing from the police in terms of leads, investigation, updates, etc. In other words, they did their thing and it wasn't part of their program to keep me updated. I have heard that's not uncommon for victims.
Anyway, for whatever that's worth, maybe a point of comparison or context.
Thank you for your post! I'm terribly sorry for all you had to endure.

I believe Sheriff Tom Bosenko has nothing but good intentions. He wasn't stating that her injuries were minor, just that they didn't warrant a hospital admission. Among other things, I did hospital Utilization Review for a while (not fun), and had to screen people for admission and ongoing stay. These days, it takes quite a bit to be admitted as an inpatient. Fact is, insurance companies just don't want to have to pay for it.

Everything is relative. There is no way to tell how much pain and suffering Sherri Papini might endure or for how long. Musculo-skeletal injuries can be excruciating and can take a very long time to heal. Skin wounds can become infected and require painful wound care. Emotional trauma is something that can last a lifetime.

So one media outlet reports that captors left her for dead by the side of the road, and this one says she freed herself.

Stick a fork in me.

It said, "had been held and freed herself from restraints.". Which is not the same as freed herself.
The headline reads "Missing northern California mother found safe; freed herself from restraints and escaped captors" so it does say she freed herself.

BBM.

I initially believed LE thought the same, but this new interview with the sheriff is different. He's purposely playing down her injuries- even the assault part. He also seems to be playing down the way she ended up at the drop off spot.

Why?

It's almost as if he's saying live radio reports aren't necessarily accurate.

Go figure. smh

The more I learn, the sicker I get.

If I am terrified and have "escaped" my captors, I am going to any house I see. I am screaming and I am knocking on doors and I am pitching a holy terror fit. I will beat on mailboxes and throw rocks...just anything to draw attention to myself. I mean, what is the difference between flagging down a random car or going to a random home? But that is just me. I am prone to taking the easiest way to get help in a crises. Others may find it within them to go round the long way. Bless them Lord.

The headline reads "Missing northern California mother found safe; freed herself from restraints and escaped captors".

BBM.
Yep you are correct, and later on the other quote, lousy journalism again. Another article where the headline, content, and most likely reality are not in line.

I wonder if in addition to interviewing Sherri today, the sheriff has also viewed surveillance video since his last interview.

Sheriff Bosenko said in his first interview after Sherri's release that LE would be pursuing potential surveillance video and cell record evidence, and we know related search warrants were filed.

I'm just wondering if initially Sherri told them she was dropped at the side of the road, leaving out the part about her walking to the church then back to the freeway. Maybe they saw her walking on surveillance then asked her about it today when they interviewed her again.

He did stress about having minimal information- saying people can forget things in the beginning due to trauma. Maybe that's part of the reason he seemed to backtrack today.

SOMETHING IS DIFFERENT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I learn, the sicker I get.

If I am terrified and have "escaped" my captors, I am going to any house I see. I am screaming and I am knocking on doors and I am pitching a holy terror fit. I will beat on mailboxes and throw rocks...just anything to draw attention to myself. I mean, what is the difference between flagging down a random car or going to a random home? But that is just me. I am prone to taking the easiest way to get help in a crises. Others may find it within them to go round the long way. Bless them Lord.
I might be reluctant to flag a passing vehicle as we are to believe that she was most likely abducted and put into a vehicle.

oh c'mon. she was found by the side of "a" road.

IMO after sleuthing all these cases if LE can't even give a definitive description of where, when, and how the victim was found, yet ask for the public's vigilance, they simply want us to go away. it's so obvious, JMO.

#jaded #skeptic #notabeliever

Yep you are correct, and later on the other quote, lousy journalism again. Another article where the headline, content, and most likely reality are not in line.

Yeah, that was basically my point. I'm not believing anything unless I hear it from the person's mouth themselves...lol...well, not really, but it does make you question how accurate anything you read is.

I wish there was a video of the sheriff rather than the scripted interview. I think he is minimizing, to say that she "walked" sounds like she just went for a stroll. How else was she going to get from point A to point B where she found? Just saying, I find it helpful to hear how questions are posed in interviews, not just responses. I'm still trying to figure out if she jumped out of the vehicle or was dropped off.

ETA I also wonder if SP is in fear of saying too much and is shutting down to protect herself or her family. The more she remembers, the more terrified she may be. MOO

I initially believed LE thought the same, but this new interview with the sheriff is different. He's purposely playing down her injuries- even the assault part. He also seems to be playing down the way she ended up at the drop off spot.

Why?

It's almost as if he's saying live radio reports aren't necessarily accurate.

Go figure. smh

Sounds like something you wrote here earlier too. I'll give you credit. :)

I'm just wondering if initially Sherri told them she was dropped at the side of the road, leaving out the part about her walking to the church then back to the freeway. Maybe they saw her walking on surveillance then asked her about it today when they interviewed her again.

He did stress about having minimal information- saying people can forget things in the beginning due to trauma. Maybe that's part of the reason he seemed to backtrack today.

SOMETHING IS DIFFERENT...

I don't think so, because it was initially reported that they searched the land around the church. That was the very first day she was found. That's why I posted the googlemap with the church that day. So she must have mentioned it the first time.

I'm a newbie to this forum. I haven't gone further than this thread. Are all other threads here this passionate?

I'm fairly new here myself. The other threads I've been involved with have not been anywhere near this passionate, no. That could be a function of sheer numbers, though. This case is receiving a massive amount of mainstream media attention. For most cases, not so much.

I would say that the chances of somebody disagreeing with whatever point you're making goes up with the number of people perusing the thread.

I will say, by the way, that it's all good, imho. I'm here for debate. And while it can be frustrating to get ganged up on, it's still nothing but debate.

Debate is good. It helps you to test and solidify your opinion. It's alway useful to get other points of view.

Why would the Sheriff minimize? Is he trying to get us ready for a bombshell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member