Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there;s not much else around. And it had to have been pretty dark.
Yep. Personally, considering the darkness and time of morning, I think I'd gravitate toward the light and activity. JMO.

Good thought. My husband is a pastor, our home and church are under very heavy video surveillance.
That particular church is noted as closed on Yelp. If that is true and I don't know that it is, probably no security cameras and perhaps the reason for the release there.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Good thought. My husband is a pastor, our home and church are under very heavy video surveillance.

So glad! i know here in TX, churches frequently get vandalized. I sure hope the church she went to had security cameras as well.

IMO, it sounds like the sheriff was insinuating that he does not necessarily believe that KP had been assaulted. Of course, I don't think it has ever been said that KP told anyone that she had been assaulted, so not to jumping to the conclusion that she lied. "Heavily battered" just sounds like assault. And that didn't come from her.

It seems notable that the sheriff is no longer using terms like captors and abduction. This would have been an opportunity for him to reiterate that LE has no reason to disbelieve her story. There must be a reason that he didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you meant SP not KP, right?

And remember that I5 that she was seen on, is a 70mph speed zone....where of course everybody at 4:30am is doing the speed limit ;)

"Investigators are giving her a little bit of time to get her thoughts together, remember that she was abducted, held captive for three weeks, which is very traumatizing," said Sheriff Tom Bosenko, "And often times the human mind will block out things and information from traumatizing events, but if given a little bit of time we can get some more information out of her, hopefully, and the investigators will be speaking with her today."

We only have sketchy information so far. They know that Sherri was abducted and held captive for three weeks by two Hispanic women in a dark colored SUV.

"We hope that the follow-up information that we can get from her today and subsequent interviews will provide more details to assist law enforcement and the public in being alert and watching for the suspects. Of course we'll want to get that as detailed information of the suspects as we could have." Said Sheriff Bosenko, "But that's all we have at this point."

In a statement given to Mike Mangas, Sheriff Bosenko said that investigators had an extensive conversation with Sherri and they were now starting to go through that information and that we should expect more information as early as Tuesday.

www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/sh...-about-sherri-papinis-investigation/190227948

The more I think of this the more I think she was indeed blindfolded and also I'm feeling she was not far from where she was detained. This IMO makes sense as to why she would not want to go to those houses. The difference between a random house and random car is this, on the freeway there are other random cars that are very unlikely to have any association. If you had gone on a short drive then had been released and you were blindfolded (especially if like some have proposed one of your captors snuck you out while the other slept) would you want to play Russian Roulette knocking on doors of homes close to where you were held that were secluded from other homes or anyone else? I wouldn't! I'd way rather walk (or run) to the freeway where yes it's still random people but chances are even if things went wrong there's at least other cars around and the chance that one of those cars contained your abductors is nearly none. All of this IMO of course.

Don't know if this has been suggested already, but IF she was legitimately abducted and held for three weeks, I'm wondering if her vague responses and lack of detail about suspects could be due to intentionally masking some of it because of threats. I can imagine an abductor saying "If you give them anything specific to work with, we will come after you/your family again." Hence the vague "two Hispanic women in a dark SUV" response and not much more from her. Just an idea...

That particular church is noted as closed on Yelp. If that is true and I don't know that it is, probably no security cameras and perhaps the reason for the release there.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

But maybe they keep the alarm system to protect from vandalism until they reopen/lease or sell the building.

Yep. Personally, considering the darkness and time of morning, I think I'd gravitate toward the light and activity. JMO.

I've lived near freeways most of my life, and the main thing is the noise. There's no way to miss the noise. You can hear it from a long way away.

Were there houses nearby that she bypassed?

It appears from the map posted that there is a neighborhood with lots of homes beyond the church...but I am not sure how far beyond it. And who can be sure which direction she was headed?

If you open that map out just a smidge to the right, you will see a massive community of homes.

The more I think of this the more I think she was indeed blindfolded and also I'm feeling she was not far from where she was detained. This IMO makes sense as to why she would not want to go to those houses. The difference between a random house and random car is this, on the freeway there are other random cars that are very unlikely to have any association. If you had gone on a short drive then had been released and you were blindfolded (especially if like some have proposed one of your captors snuck you out while the other slept) would you want to play Russian Roulette knocking on doors of homes close to where you were held that were secluded from other homes or anyone else? I wouldn't! I'd way rather walk (or run) to the freeway where yes it's still random people but chances are even if things went wrong there's at least other cars around and the chance that one of those cars contained your abductors is nearly none. All of this IMO of course.

@FRR: I would have at least try to force windows or doors to activate the church's alarm while screaming at the top of my lungs!

@Russian Blue: I agree with you, no way would I hop into a random vehicle after been abducted.

You do have to cosnider she may not have had any idea where she was. If she broke into that church to set off the alarm would it take 2 minutes or a half hour for help to come. Not so sure screaming get for cops and making a scene would be on my top options list had I just been let go or escaped my captors in case they changed their mind. I'd rather go to the freeway where at least there is LOTS of traffic so even if I encountered one bad car there are likely 50 others very close by! IMO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14