Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do have to cosnider she may not have had any idea where she was. If she broke into that church to set off the alarm would it take 2 minutes or a half hour for help to come. Not so sure screaming get for cops and making a scene would be on my top options list had I just been let go or escaped my captors in case they changed their mind. I'd rather go to the freeway where at least there is LOTS of traffic so even if I encountered one bad car there are likely 50 others very close by! IMO of course.

Did you take a look at the Shafta county log? Dozens of calls complaining about noise or strange people approaching properties. An alarm blasting off will be noticed by residents or people commuting. No doubt someone will ring the authorities. MOO

Why would the Sheriff minimize? Is he trying to get us ready for a bombshell?

I think it's possible that the sheriff is clarifying and setting the record straight, rather than minimizing the extent of Sherri's injuries.

Initially, Sheriff Bosenko only had the on-the-spot description of the CHP officer to go by. That officer said that Sherri was 'heavily battered' (either because that was the officer's observation or that's what Sherri told him). We don't know exactly what that meant as it's rather subjective.

The sheriff initially took 'heavily battered' to mean 'assaulted', according to what he revealed today. In today's interview, he clearly indicated (in my opinion) that Sherri's injuries were actually relatively minor, by way of his sprained ankle analogy.

So......perhaps Sheriff Bosenko's characterization of Sherri's condition/injuries needed to be downgraded for accuracy's sake -- based on his investigation over the four days since her reappearance (after having interviewed the treating doctor, and/or having viewed surveillance of Sherri near the release location, and/or having interviewed/observed Sherri first-hand today, etc).

Can they track GPS in a car if it has like a built in GPS map system in the car? I don't know much about how they work. Does the radio have to be on to turn on the GPS? If it's a newer vehicle it might have this feature.
GPS systems are passive receivers. They only receive signals that are being sent from satellites in orbit. They don't transmit.
On the other hand systems like On Star are nothing more than cellular systems and they contact towers all the time providing location information. They will ping towers when they have power whether or not you are a subscriber to the service. The same is true of any cellular phone. If you took one out of a drawer that is 10 years old, for example, and powered it up it will ping the nearby towers and get a response even if you had gotten rid of that service long ago. The only requirement for a cellular device to be trackable is that it has power.

I teeter totter a lot on this case. Was it an abduction or something else. Hopefully we will find out soon and regardless of the outcome, I hope Sherri receives excellent counseling with her resources. Her children need her to be of sound mind.

ETA: I hope I'm not way off with this but I also think family counseling would be good. Children's perception of time is very different from ours and I wouldn't be surprised if they are experiencing insecure attachment symptoms from having their mother missing for 3 weeks. This would be an excellent use of the , IMO.

When I moved to Redding, CA I was told (by pastors at my church at the time) that women should never run or work out alone there...Redding just wasn't safe. I know this is way after the fact but I thought I would share.

The more I think of this the more I think she was indeed blindfolded and also I'm feeling she was not far from where she was detained. This IMO makes sense as to why she would not want to go to those houses. The difference between a random house and random car is this, on the freeway there are other random cars that are very unlikely to have any association. If you had gone on a short drive then had been released and you were blindfolded (especially if like some have proposed one of your captors snuck you out while the other slept) would you want to play Russian Roulette knocking on doors of homes close to where

Did you take a look at the Shafta county log? Dozens of calls complaining about noise or strange people approaching properties. An alarm blasting off will be noticed by residents or people commuting. No doubt someone will ring the authorities. MOO

Right but how does she know that after being released by her abductors in the middle of the night? I'm sure she saw VERY few lights around that area.

I think much of how I feel about this case is related to what is being reported. We have several conflicting stories, all being released by MSM. The article I linked earlier in the evening stated that SP freed herself from her captors and fled. Is that accurate? It is very challenging to determine her moves based on all the differing accounts we are hearing.

If hose clamps were in fact used to restrain SP, I'm amazed. I am usually pretty good with gadget thingies but trying to use these in my life was an exercise in futility, the rings would pop out of the clamp before tightening, etc. So so strange.

Hubs has a shop, and I have exposure to heavy equipment and Kenworth trucks. I've seen a hose clamp or two, not the easiest thing to apply quickly in order to restrain someone. But then again, the whole case has been weird?!
https://www.google.com/search?q=hos...jM3QAhVozFQKHQYNA7cQ_AUICSgC&biw=1920&bih=945

He is absolutely downplaying her injuries. he is clearly indicating they were minor, IMO.

I agree. I don't know how much clearer he could be, he gave an example.

I thnk they can check cell towers for a specific time to see what phones were pinging off of it. This could be a smaller number in a rural area, maybe.

That said...I find this whole thing beyond weird, and feel like LE is backing away from the restraints, her injuries, etc...JMO.

I also loathe that they released the bit about "two Hispanic women". That IS profiling Imo. Who looks Hispanic? And if she did not see her alleged captors how does she know if they even "looked" Hispanic? I am a blond middle-aged Caucasian but I speak Spanish.
Jmo
Actually, I could be wrong, but I don't think they can do this. I believe they have to get a warrant for a specific phone number and check its pings. If they could do this, a lot of cases might be solved.

I was surprised by the sheriff not knowing whether they would interview SB again and am wondering if it is because she has obtained legal counsel. Otherwise, I would think there would be communication on both ends, maybe even SP keeping a journal as memories creep back in. He could mean it in the sense of a sit down, in depth interview. If there still is a question as to whether it was a targeted or random abduction, then IMO SP has no idea who her abductors are. Could still be targeted if someone higher up enlisted the 2 women to abduct SP. IMO, the sheriff must've believed she was heavily battered to say she was assaulted. The first responders would likely know better. Whatever the case, it was enough to keep SP from seeing her children for a couple of days.

We actually have no idea if it was the physical injuries that kept SP from seeing her children, right? (Unless I missed that info.) Sheer exhaustion/trauma/shock/anxiety could have rendered her unable to function for a short time period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hubs has a shop, and I have exposure to heavy equipment and Kenworth trucks. I've seen a hose clamp or two, not the easiest thing to apply quickly in order to restrain someone. But then again, the whole case has been weird?!
https://www.google.com/search?q=hos...jM3QAhVozFQKHQYNA7cQ_AUICSgC&biw=1920&bih=945

The thing is that they likely IMO of course weren't applied initially. They likely would have been applied once she made it to the place she was to be kept. I doubt they were used when she was abducted but rather throughout her ordeal. Hence the reason she was released with them, supposedly.

Well that's the thing. They can be a nightmare to apply quickly. You have to turn and turn and turn them. If you had a drill with a proper fitting, it would be quick.

On the other hand, given enough time, you could easily remove them using practically anything as a tool. It would be a terrible choice as a restraint.

Were locks not available? I just don't get it.

I wish there was a video of the sheriff rather than the scripted interview. I think he is minimizing, to say that she "walked" sounds like she just went for a stroll. How else was she going to get from point A to point B where she found? Just saying, I find it helpful to hear how questions are posed in interviews, not just responses.

I think it's possible that the sheriff is clarifying and setting the record straight, rather than minimizing the extent of Sherri's injuries.

I'm in agreement with these two comments, including the rest of yllek's post. They're exactly what I thought when reading the article in question.

The thing is that they likely IMO of course weren't applied initially. They likely would have been applied once she made it to the place she was to be kept. I doubt they were used when she was abducted but rather throughout her ordeal. Hence the reason she was released with them, supposedly.

I don't think I said they were used initially, as in @ the roadside abduction. My thought was in the context of applying to an unwilling human, who might be resisting.

My thought is a hose clamp large enough to put both of her hands in, then tighten. So let's see, where would she be held where the handiest restraint would be a hose clamp? Ponder that one ...

Actually, I could be wrong, but I don't think they can do this. I believe they have to get a warrant for a specific phone number and check its pings. If they could do this, a lot of cases might be solved.
They can get a cell tower dump that gives all the phone numbers that connected to that tower within a specified time period.

This has become a big privacy rights issue in the courts because they don't need a warrant.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member