Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems notable that the sheriff is no longer using terms like captors and abduction. This would have been an opportunity for him to reiterate that LE has no reason to disbelieve her story. There must be a reason that he didn't.

For the sake of accuracy, he did used the terms 'abduction' and 'held captive' today. The quotes below are taken from the same articles being discussed here at the moment (BBM):

"We don't have information if this was a targeted abduction or if it was a random act," Bosenko said.

It seems notable that the sheriff is no longer using terms like captors and abduction. This would have been an opportunity for him to reiterate that LE has no reason to disbelieve her story. There must be a reason that he didn't.[/quote]For the sake of accuracy, he did used the terms 'abduction' and 'held captive' today. These are the same articles being discussed here at the moment: (BBM):
[url]http://www.redding.com/news/local/Sheriff-sheds-more-light-on-Sherri-Papini-case-403474556.htmland
"Investigators are giving her a little bit of time to get her thoughts together, remember that she was abducted, held captive for three weeks, which is very traumatizing," said Sheriff Tom Bosenko...
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/sheriff-tom-bosenko-talks-about-sherri-papinis-investigation/190227948?utm_medium=social&utm_source=KRCR_News_Channel_7"]http://www.redding.com/news/local/Sheriff-sheds-more-light-on-Sherri-Papini-case-403474556.html[/URL]

and

"Investigators are giving her a little bit of time to get her thoughts together, remember that she was abducted, held captive for three weeks, which is very traumatizing," said Sheriff Tom Bosenko...

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh..._medium=social&utm_source=KRCR_News_Channel_7

Well that's the thing. They can be a nightmare to apply quickly. You have to turn and turn and turn them. If you had a drill with a proper fitting, it would be quick.

On the other hand, given enough time, you could easily remove them using practically anything as a tool. It would be a terrible choice as a restraint.

Were locks not available? I just don't get it.

If both hands were hose clamped together with a large single clamp, she would not be able to reach? Oh jeeze, am I going to have to ask Mr. Knox to experiment to prove my point, lol.

Has anyone else noticed that all of SP's FB pages are gone? I'm referring to the ones that were created after she was found. My apologies if this has already been asked and answered. TIA

"Investigators are giving her a little bit of time to get her thoughts together, remember that she was abducted, held captive for three weeks, which is very traumatizing," said Sheriff Tom Bosenko, "And often times the human mind will block out things and information from traumatizing events, but if given a little bit of time we can get some more information out of her, hopefully, and the investigators will be speaking with her today."

We only have sketchy information so far. They know that Sherri was abducted and held captive for three weeks by two Hispanic women in a dark colored SUV.

"We hope that the follow-up information that we can get from her today and subsequent interviews will provide more details to assist law enforcement and the public in being alert and watching for the suspects. Of course we'll want to get that as detailed information of the suspects as we could have." Said Sheriff Bosenko, "But that's all we have at this point."

In a statement given to Mike Mangas, Sheriff Bosenko said that investigators had an extensive conversation with Sherri and they were now starting to go through that information and that we should expect more information as early as Tuesday.

www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/sheriff-tom-bosenko-talks-about-sherri-papinis-investigation/190227948

I could be wrong, but it seems like they switch tenses during the article - as in the first 3/4 was written based on speaking with the sheriff this morning, and then the last part was from a statement given after the questioning. It also sounds like the previous article discussing her injuries and restraints was written _after_ the interviews. IMO there is a shift of tone between this morning before the interviews with Sherri, and after. I could be reading into it too much, but that's my feeling.

Has anyone else noticed that all of SP's FB pages are gone? I'm referring to the ones that were created after she was found. My apologies if this has already been asked and answered. TIA

I wasn't aware there were new ones created after she was found?

Well that's the thing. They can be a nightmare to apply quickly. You have to turn and turn and turn them. If you had a drill with a proper fitting, it would be quick.

On the other hand, given enough time, you could easily remove them using practically anything as a tool. It would be a terrible choice as a restraint.

Were locks not available? I just don't get it.

I agree. If I had to restrain a bad guy who broke into my garage - where I have hose clamps at the ready - I would not even think to use them. I would grab something to tie him with. Hose clamps are just nuts for that job. Way too much trouble!

I agree. I don't know how much clearer he could be, he gave an example.
Well yeah. He did give an example. In fact, he gave two - a sprain and a compound fracture (bone that protrudes through the skin). This is something else entirely. And although he seems to be a very nice person, he is not a medical professional.

Actually, I could be wrong, but I don't think they can do this. I believe they have to get a warrant for a specific phone number and check its pings. If they could do this, a lot of cases might be solved.

They can get a cell tower dump that gives all the phone numbers that connected to that tower within a specified time period.

This has become a big privacy rights issue in the courts because they don't need a warrant.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Whoa. I was going to agree with Dateline. That's so Big Brother. And it;s so difficult for me to subpoena phone records I typically just don;t even try. But...http://reason.com/blog/2013/12/04/police-use-tower-dumps-to-collect-your-c

https://www.aclu.org/blog/cell-towe...ce-technique-another-set-unanswered-questions

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...rcuit-cellphone-tracking-csli-warrant/478197/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...heuF5DMWpUpYI9j3A&sig2=4zSonrXRiBL_2E51vgEYXQ

Leave it to Cluciano to know more than a lawyer!

Huh? The plot thickens yet again!

I wasn't aware there were new ones created after she was found?

Yes, I noticed a few FB pages set up that were dedicated to solving this case. I think two of them were closed groups. Now they're gone.....poof!

That particular church is noted as closed on Yelp. If that is true and I don't know that it is, probably no security cameras and perhaps the reason for the release there.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

That Kingdom Hall is open on this website with Meetings in both Spanish and English. If it is closed, cameras are still need for security, so probably would still have cameras.
I searched for Yolo County, CA, USA
https://apps.jw.org/E_SRCHMTGMAPS

13980 County Rd 99W
Woodland CA 95695-9133
530-662-5535
GPS Coordinates: 38.736121 -121.816242

Woodland Spanish - Woodland CA (USA)
Spanish: Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. (Midweek Meeting)
Sunday, 1:00 p.m. (Weekend Meeting)

English - Woodland CA (USA)
English: Tuesday, 7:00 p.m. (Midweek Meeting)
Sunday, 10:00 a.m. (Weekend Meeting)

Original poster's post;

The more I think of this the more I think she was indeed blindfolded and also I'm feeling she was not far from where she was detained. This IMO makes sense as to why she would not want to go to those houses. The difference between a random house and random car is this, on the freeway there are other random cars that are very unlikely to have any association. If you had gone on a short drive then had been released and you were blindfolded (especially if like some have proposed one of your captors snuck you out while the other slept) would you want to play Russian Roulette knocking on doors of homes close to where

Right but how does she know that after being released by her abductors in the middle of the night? I'm sure she saw VERY few lights around that area.

------

My response:

I am wracking my brain to figure out why her captors (even the most inept captors) would drop her off close to where they were holding her. They would be giving a gift to LE as SP would know (as per the OP's point) that her holding place could be located nearby.

It's possible that she was blindfolded, but it brings up some questions? Was she able to undo her blindfold after freeing herself from the restraints? Or, if she was still restrained when found, were the restraints so poorly done that she could have undone her own blindfold at any point beforehand?

I guess the specifics will come out. Maybe?

Edited: i don't know why I couldn't quote. Since I can't delete on tapatalk, I just added a line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I noticed a few FB pages set up that were dedicated to solving this case. I think two of them were closed groups. Now they're gone.....poof!

I found a closed group tonight. Maybe they changed the name.

The more I think of this the more I think she was indeed blindfolded and also I'm feeling she was not far from where she was detained. This IMO makes sense as to why she would not want to go to those houses. The difference between a random house and random car is this, on the freeway there are other random cars that are very unlikely to have any association. If you had gone on a short drive then had been released and you were blindfolded (especially if like some have proposed one of your captors snuck you out while the other slept) would you want to play Russian Roulette knocking on doors of homes close to where you were held that were secluded from other homes or anyone else? I wouldn't! I'd way rather walk (or run) to the freeway where yes it's still random people but chances are even if things went wrong there's at least other cars around and the chance that one of those cars contained your abductors is nearly none. All of this IMO of course.

Except all accounts were she was far away by then

aw man....for the first time, I'm having real doubts. This is setting up to be a situation where LE throws their hands up in the air and says we have no idea what happened. Then Sherri does an exclusive interview with people magazine, maybe does Dr. Phil. I see it going down this road. :(

It's possible they were just switched from a closed group to a Secret group. If the group settings are set to Secret, you aren't able to search and see the group unless your a member.

This is sounding like the Hannah Anderson case IMO

I teeter totter a lot on this case. Was it an abduction or something else. Hopefully we will find out soon and regardless of the outcome, I hope Sherri receives excellent counseling with her resources. Her children need her to be of sound mind.

ETA: I hope I'm not way off with this but I also think family counseling would be good. Children's perception of time is very different from ours and I wouldn't be surprised if they are experiencing insecure attachment symptoms from having their mother missing for 3 weeks. This would be an excellent use of the , IMO.

I agree. I am very concerned about their children's states of mind. They may be thinking that they caused her disappearance ("Mommy, what did I do to make you leave me??") And, I wonder what types of questions and comments they will get from their peers once they are back in day care.

They are precious, precious cargo, and they need all the love and support they can get.

Just my two cents. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member