Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be curious to know if her nose was really broken. That's the only injury that I think would be hard to endure or self-inflict to gain some type of financial windfall.

I'm a little bothered by the husband's florid description of the injuries. Almost written like it is meant for a thriller.

From: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pounds-blonde-hair-chopped-chained-road.html

Most people would say, "Her nose was broken." "Signature long, blonde hair"--I don't know what to make of that statement. I'm almost 100% sure I've never seen or heard someone say, "I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers."

Maybe he does love adjectives. Maybe he felt pressed to make it seem more believable because of social media doubters.

I lean towards this being a real abduction, but there's still wiggle room for dissenting opinions with what is now known. Also, how far would one be willing to go for a potential windfall?

I've been following along.....stopped posting a while back when more information came out. Makes me dizzy!

I absolutely agree with your post. I can't imagine how long it took to compose.

And since I signed in for this, I'll add that descriptions of bruising that is yellow to black in color, per GMA's publication of the husband's statement, does not describe fresh/new bruises. So it's likely she did not sustain bruising in the last few days.

I am happy this family has their loved one returned alive.

I don't see how someone could brand or burn themselves. I also don't think she would chop off her own hair.

They can. I had a bunch of friends who all branded themselves as part of their stupid "club" in the 80's. But I don;t think she did all that to herself or had anyone else do it. Especially the hair. Women will bash their faces in before cutting their hair.

This is a tremendous amount of damage to be self-inflicted. It's pretty horrendous and amazing she was released alive.

Reporter: Sheriff, thank you for joining us this morning. Pretty chilling description there from Sherri Papini's husband. Bruises, all over her body, broken nose, her hair cut off, branded, do those details conform with what you know right now?

Sheriff: Yes, I was familiar with those details, we had not released them yet to the public.

these are direct quotes. The video is here: [video=youtube;zGBI0ridSRg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGBI0ridSRg[/video] and here: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/she...lling-details-sherri-papinis-alleged-43841749

Yes, he was familiar with THOSE details that had not been released to the public. 100% confirming that what KP described is 100% accurate. Or the sheriff would have never said what he did.

I can't imagine the sheriff's motivation for doing this to the family. First, he clearly downplayed her injuries - and indicated he'd probably try to talk to her in the next couple days. As if, move along folks, there's nothing to see here.

And he's STILL clearly indicating he doesn't believe her account of what happened. He "doesn't know" whether she was thrown from the vehicle or not. Well, what did SHE SAY about it? He's clearly not willing to accept her word.

He's caused this mess of public criticism of the Papinis - I sure hope he has good reason to.

I sincerely hope and truly believe not as far as what it appears you are asking.

I am guessing he had help writing that statement.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

And someone wants me to provide an example of people willing to believe the most outrageous theories (not to mention ascribing the worst motives to victims) and yet, at the same time, discounting or discrediting the most reliable witnesses or LE statements? Geesh!

BBM

Reposted, as this again gives me pause...
My take on the eye witness media statement.

I'm not sure how accurately you can see someone you passed on the side of the road in the dark. After it was confirmed as Sherri, she probably got it in her head that she had seen long blonde hair. She got it right enough to stop and call it in. I bet her 911 call doesn't mention long blonde hair at all.

RSBM

Yes, he HAS confirmed it. From the media thread:
Sheriff Confirms Husband’s Details on Sherri Papini’s Condition

ABC News(REDDING, Calif.) -- The Shasta County Sheriff's Office has confirmed new information about Sherri Papini's condition following her alleged kidnapping.

Keith Papini told ABC News in an exclusive statement that his wife's face was "covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings." He added that the bridge of her nose was broken and her signature blonde hair had been chopped off.

"I was familiar with those details," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said Tuesday morning on ABC's Good Morning America. "We had not released them yet to the public."

More and video interview with Sherriff at link: http://610kvnu.com/national/774a13e2...7471004d7ca79a

Yeah. No way would the husband release fake details to the public. LE would have a big problem with that.

Do they typically weigh people in the hospital in cases like this?
I also think the husband's statement on her condition read like a dime store thriller.

A weight taken is always part of any physical exam.

I think KP's statement reads like an actual nightmare his wife lived through.

Sumzero, I tweeted out the link to this post.

I don't even know what to say anymore about the people who are coming up with wild theories with ZERO evidence to support what they say.

It is disheartening.

It is, disheartening and exhausting.

I saw the latest in the media thread before I went out for my driving lesson. I made notes for when I got back. Now after catching up on the thread I'm too tired to even consider making a well thought out post.

I did however want to point out that all areas are carefully researched and marked on the case map. I saw several posts from overnight asking about locations. The case map is linked in the OP of every thread as well as the media thread. For those that are wanting to know where the locations are, the church for example.

Today I have officially changed my tune about this case.( subject to change in the blink of an eye)
I was one of the posters who believed that Sherri Papini left of her own free will or this was all a hoax
I will not beat myself up for those opinions.They are mine, based on what I have been reading
This has been the strangest case I have ever followed.
One that has had me changing my mind every few minutes and sadly, I am not sure that is over yet.

There is more to come, in my humble opinion
I don't think the OMG moments are over yet

It sounds as if she suffered a great deal

Do they typically weigh people in the hospital in cases like this?
I also think the husband's statement on her condition read like a dime store thriller.

Weight and height is pretty much the first thing they do any time you have a medical encounter, but I'm sure they especially would have when it directly pertains to the medical condition of being emaciated. IMO the brutal description is meant to get people to stop with the speculation that it's some kind of hoax.

I agree with the idea that someone was paid and that is probably the only reason they got the poor woman back. Monsters.

Yes, it was elaborate. He took his time writing it, no doubt.

Didn't a family friend read a poem that KP had previously written to SP at the balloon release? I think he might just be a prolific writer...JMO

Suburban moms aren't your typical demographic for ST. If it's as big of a problem in Redding as Garcia states, I could see the potential. But she still isn't the typical easy target for it. IMO Sherri is just an average pretty mom. In my world she would be considered cute, but average. It's perspective. SO many women in California are absolutely drop dead uncommonly gorgeous, and they go there looking to get into the movie industry. In my opinion, they would be a much greater risk for ST.

Perhaps those parameters and demographics are changing?

Respectfully, women of all shapes, sizes, racial backgrounds, sexual orientations etc are victims of sex trafficing. Some are mentally ill or addicted to drugs. Some are not. There is no such thing as not being "pretty enough" to be trafficed.

Sherri could well have been abducted by two women who were working for two or more men. We have no idea. Could be, that two women abducted her, and one woman ditched her. No idea how many people are involved. JMO No idea how many vehicles or hideouts involved, either.

So, WAS it Sherri in the blue truck on Nov. 22 at the Travel Stop? I hope that LE followed up on the woman's report. Good descriptions. And right in Redding! JMO

The FBI is involved, right?? I'm waiting for there theory.

I've had a horrible thought. IF this was random, for trafficking, for example, and her abductors were hispanic/latino, I hope we didn't open a can of worms here that led to her beatings regarding that 13 year old writing.

Mods delete if necessary. I felt my blood run cold.

If that woman really saw her on the 22nd, they could've also beaten Sherri after they caught her talking with her. Maybe they were worried she ratted them out and that's why they dropped her off alive. Scared they'd possibly get caught?? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Descriptions can be subjective. I'm sure seeing his wife like that was traumatizing and her injuries probably were way worse in his opinion than say to those of LE who probably see terrible injuries of the daily.

My friend was jumped recently and called us from the hospital to let us know. We tried to get an update all night and almost drove over an hour to see him there (he was kept over night) I feel terrible saying this but when I finally saw him I realized that he wasn't as badly beaten as he had initially made it seem. Of course he was terrified and probably hurt way more than I could tell but I remember thinking his injuries were not as bad as he made them seem (I know, that sounds terrible!)

Respectfully, women of all shapes, sizes, racial backgrounds, sexual orientations etc are victims of sex trafficing. Some are mentally ill or addicted to drugs. Some are not. There is no such thing as not being "pretty enough" to be trafficed.

Married upper middle class white women are in the demographic least likely to be the victims of a crime, is the thing. Statistically.

Please continue at Thread #11.

This thread will close in about 10 minutes.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members