Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me if this has been posted already. I haven't been on WS in ages (erin corwin case was too hard on me). But I thought of you guys today when I saw this:

"I saw a woman with long blond hair by the side of the road kind of frantically waving what looked like a shirt," the driver, Alison Sutton, told ABC News. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-caller-missing-california-mom-risked-hit-car/story?id=43819168)

and this:

Keith Papini told ABC News in an exclusive statement that his wife's face was "covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings." He added that the bridge of her nose was broken and her signature blonde hair had been chopped off. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriff-co...ls-sherri-papinis-condition/story?id=43840556)

I don't know much about this case yet, but why would the driver say she has long blond hair, but husband says it was chopped off? Anyone know?

BBM

Reposted, as this again gives me pause...

Isn't there a term for this? I think the woman had been looking at the pictures of SP and this was in her mind when she misspoke about the hair length. FWIW, I do this all the time. I will be thinking about something in the past and it may come out when I am speaking of a more current event. Like my subconscious takes over my consciousness... IDK!

If LE believes SP was abducted, then I'm going to believe she was abducted. So now the question is why?

Sex trafficking is the only scenario that fits for me right now, because as far as we know, the abductors did not ask for ransom.

The fact that they released her doesn't fit in with sex trafficking, however. We'll just have to see how it all washes out.

I don't think this has anything to do with sex trafficking. I think it has to do with the article that the sheriff is aware of. And I can guess what she was branded with, too. JMO. :moo:

If she was branded, that could be a significant evidentiary detail that LE would have wanted to keep close to the vest, among other details. JMO

If this were the plot of a Stephen King novel, it would be too outlandish and unbelievable to sell.

IMO and based on the information we have been given.

Respectfully, women of all shapes, sizes, racial backgrounds, sexual orientations etc are victims of sex trafficing. Some are mentally ill or addicted to drugs. Some are not. There is no such thing as not being "pretty enough" to be trafficed.

I agree with you. The argument was made that she is "beautiful", therefore it must be obvious that she was trafficked. She is average pretty.

I can't imagine the sheriff's motivation for doing this to the family. First, he clearly downplayed her injuries - and indicated he'd probably try to talk to her in the next couple days. As if, move along folks, there's nothing to see here.

And he's STILL clearly indicating he doesn't believe her account of what happened. He "doesn't know" whether she was thrown from the vehicle or not. Well, what did SHE SAY about it? He's clearly not willing to accept her word.

He's caused this mess of public criticism of the Papinis - I sure hope he has good reason to.

With all due respect, not everyone has interpreted his statements in the way you describe. It's an ongoing investigation, and he has said several times that there is "sensitive information" that will not be released. I don't think he wanted the nature of her injuries released for a very specific reason and that's why I think he seemed annoyed that her husband did release them.

As for not believing her? He has clearly stated he has no reason to disbelieve what she has said. It's strange, it's like some folks are watching completely different interviews.

Married upper middle class white women are in the demographic least likely to be the victims of a crime, is the thing. Statistically.

Is there a link for the statistics?

With all due respect, not everyone has interpreted his statements in the way you describe. It's an ongoing investigation, and he has said several times that there is "sensitive information" that will not be released. I don't think he wanted the nature of her injuries released for a very specific reason and that's why I think he seemed annoyed that her husband did release them.

As for not believing her? He has clearly stated he has no reason to disbelieve what she has said. It's strange, it's like some folks are watching completely different interviews.

Even saying, "I have no reason to disbelieve her" is telegraphing that he hasn't firmed up his reason he disbelieves her, or isn't willing to share it. That's like, at this time, we're investigating this as an abduction" that you hear when cops know parents killed their child.

I don't know what "sensitive" information he has, but imho he should keep that to himself. "I have a secret, I have a secret" behavior is making me really angry for the Papinis.

But who knows.

LE is probably keeping specifics close to their vest because they haven't found the suspects yet and they want to make sure that when they are questioned, there is information that only the suspects would be privy to.

LE is probably keeping specifics close to their vest because they haven't found the suspects yet and they want to make sure that when they are questioned, there is information that only the suspects would be privy to.
Bingo.

Oh stop with all of your common sense and logic! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mods/Admin have posted numerous times in the threads. Websleuths does not engage in victim blaming. The article is off-limits because regardless of who the author was, no victim should be blamed for having a belief system that they may not even adhere to 13 years later.

The LE statement didn't confirm KP's comments though. They essentially said that they were aware of the description, not that it was accurate.

I don't think this has anything to do with sex trafficking. I think it has to do with the article that the sheriff is aware of. And I can guess what she was branded with, too. JMO. :moo:

Me, too. I read one post on here that referred to her shaved head. I missed that somewhere. Is there factual comment regarding her hair? Shaved or chopped?

These are my questions: Did KP *tell* LE that those were SP's injuries? When they say that they were aware of her injuries, does this mean they are merely going by KP's statement to them? Would the hospital doctors who assessed and treated SP release their observations of said injuries to LE? Do privacy laws mean that this information cannot be released without SP's permission? I want to better understand whether LE has seen said injuries, been given details from medical staff who treated her or are relying solely on KP's description of them. TIA to anyone who can clearly answer these questions and who has the legal and/or medical standing to do so. MOO.

Trying to figure out how to say this...I know the point of this site is to come up with theories and discuss ideas/reports/etc, but at some points I feel every word or action is so highly analyzed. Unfortunately all we know is what comes from the mouths of reporters or words of reports. What is said versus what isn't said in these types of moments, which I would consider quite chaotic/exciting/scary/shocking/whatever word you want to use, word choice isn't probably the first things on the minds of people.

I'm not trying to attack anyone because I have had some questions about some of the reporting also. But I feel choosing the right words isn't probably the most important thing they are thinking....they probably just say whatever comes to mind. If they are writing official reports, which we haven't seen, (not talking about news reports), I'm sure they chose their words more carefully. But nitpicking the difference between certain adjectives used, is in my opinion, not the intention of the officers or witnesses or whoever. Again, just a thought, not accusing anyone...because we are taking the time to read it and discuss it from different views, where they were talking from "being in the moment". This probably doesn't even make sense but I tried.

I get it big time. The other day I had a post that I typed out, then had to correct twice as I realized that the words I had changed and used and thought were synonymous were totally different to others reading that were more *educated* than I. I used Latino instead of Hispanic.... oops, and I used Caucasian instead of white. Thankfully I corrected by the time WS allows to do such after reading more after posting. I didn't *think* how different those small (to me, at the time I typed it thinking insignificant) differences were.

Also, after following many cases, I pretty much go with the local or first publisher, as MANY of the other outlets just pick up on the original article, and change words so they aren't caught plagiarizing, and those changes mean something TOTALLY different to many folks.

These days after following media on cases, it's easier to *see* the differences in those publications that are doing original investigative journalism (few!) and those national and international pubs that pick up parts and pieces and embellish them.

BBM

Not really. A "broken bone" wasn't what he said. He said, "compound fracture" - a bone that is protruding through the skin. This would require urgent surgery to repair. Not something we can put in a cast and send the patient home. Big difference.

HIPAA only applies to what medical personnel can say. Once revealed to LE, they have their own guidelines. The only thing he was actually telling is that she was treated and released. He then went on with a silly anecdotal comparison. In all likelihood, he might already regret having let those words of comparison slip out of his mouth.
At the bolded, this is what I was referring to from yesterday:

"When you say, 'treated and released' ... no different than if you went up to the ER for a sprained ankle, they treated you and released you. Now, if you had a compound fracture due to that bone being broken, then you'd probably be admitted, have to stay for a few days," Bosenko explained.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/Sheriff-sheds-more-light-on-Sherri-Papini-case-403474556.html

I was confused as to what a compound fracture was and thought it was just a bone broken in multiple places, now I know it *gulps* protruuuuudes. Um... :scared:

Agreed he'll probably regret that statement, and thank you for taking the time to school me on HIPAA. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead