Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also If that report/sighting at the truck stop is accurate - does anyone really think the abductors would have left SP alone outside? Would she not try to escape then?

It could be one of two things: Either she was too scared to run because she was threatened by her captors. Or it could be that she was heavily drugged. Based on the woman's report, it seems that she may have been kind of out of it as though she'd been drugged.

She also could have been restrained inside the truck somehow. Handcuffs, etc. that way they knew she wouldn't escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF the sighting was credible, you've got the possibility of Stockholm Syndrome. In addition, they know where she lives and her family would be in danger. I doubt the sighting simply because Sherri sounds like she'd been beaten over time, a broken nose causes black eyes. So if this witness recognized her, I'd like to know HOW?

Some of the older bruising may have been elsewhere, and things like the broken nose (and yes, nearly always resulting black eyes) could have been even after this sighting - like you said, if it was even valid.

As in if it were her, what if they did that (nose, at least) after the gas station / truck stop thing?

Maybe even because they were afraid she'd said/done something to make the lady suspicious or indicate she needed help :dunno:

I tend to believe that it could be that LE was not wanting to give 'whoever' they are credit publicly. When shooters go into a building and shoot people, people dont want to see the shooter get any fame from his actions. In my opinion, perhaps LE wasn't wanting to give the abductors any reason to gloat, or any satisfaction of publicly saying she was humiliated and permanently scarred.

Now this I could see...I'm not sure about with Shasta County SO, but I've seen it with others. I promise. I don't usually get frustrated like this with LE. I usually have faith in them. This case has just shocked me. Mostly the way LE has handled everything. I really hope they're working as hard as they say they are.

This case makes little sense with the information that has been released to the public so far. Two women do not kidnap a middle aged woman, hold her captive for 3 weeks, make no demands, then release her (or allow her to escape in chains). It's insane.

And why kidnap her for money? I believe I read somewhere that she wasn't working, and her husband works at the Home Depot They must be living paycheck to paycheck.

Women do not typically kidnap random women to humiliate, torture, and later release. Sorry. Makes no sense.

I'm not saying she is lying. Just that we still don't have a lot of information about what is really going on here.

I have some thoughts that perhaps the women ( if they were in fact women ) , were doing this for men they are involved with. Not on their own.

I say "if they were in fact women" because maybe SP was told to say that, and she did so in order to protect herself and her family. JMO

One thing I can't overlook is what KP *didnt* say. No mention of justice, finding these people, making them pay. My DH would be out for blood if this were me.

This really makes me lean more in the direction that the ransom money was paid. I think KP and/or SP may be terrified of any fallout or retaliation. She may have agreed to willingly say something completely different about who her abductors were, in lieu of her freedom...

Unfortunately the Community is going to not know what hit them. The branding will say a lot... remember those sealed warrants and one was a house of worship in Redding... Look at Bethal, the negotiator and what his Taken project is all about... unbelievable, right?
Husband did not know a lot of what his wife was doing, but who knows how's this all plays out. I wonder what the branded message will tell us?

Do you happen to have links for this?

Can anyone clarify how Gamble entered the picture? Did he reach out to the family or did they request his help? Was he previously known by her family members? TIA
JMO, MOO, etc

Wow, I stand corrected on the fact KP gave LE a heads up about his statement. I would think all pertinent parties would be in sync, working together.

This action by KP is not good and shows division between the family and LE.
Yes, LE, in my experience, is VERY clear about what they do or don't want in the public. They are very, very, clear. So I imagine he was blindsided since he almost certainly told the family what they DIDN'T want released.

I understand why he did it... Mostly. Probably desperate to clear up rumors. But when you're a victim in a case, you have to remember that LE asks to keep things quiet for good reasons. They aren't always able to share those reasons at the time, though.

Can anyone clarify how Gamble entered the picture? Did he reach out to the family or did they request his help? Was he previously known by her family members? TIA
JMO, MOO, etc

To my knowledge that's never been addressed by him or the family.

IDK, possibly because his wife was continuing to be verbally assaulted in the media and the sheriff's report the previous day appeared to minimize her injuries, leading to even more speculation that it was a hoax? IMO, the discussion here last night is evident that many began to question whether or not her injuries were substantial (after the sheriff spoke). I don't fault KP for speaking up for his family and the judging of an innocent woman who's not on trial is likely affecting the whole family. Some have had to deactivate their FB accounts, while others have to constantly defend her. It may have compromised the investigation, but IMO, LE knows who they're looking for. The sheriff didn't have to comment that the branding wasn't a symbol (but a message to her or to others). He could've just refused to comment on any specifics. JMO

Ok, then the question still remains, why did KP make statements that "surprised" the SCSO? Isn't that the fairest PC question here? Aren't they supposed to be working in tandem to solve this mystery?

Sherri hasnt even been home for a week. This was a life or death situation. I can honestly say I personally wouldn't be spending my time being concerned about what people on the internet were saying. Once again, my main focus would be the safety of my spouse, and cooperating with the investigation into the people who abducted and injured her. All just MOO.

Well, only speaking for myself, I would care a LOT. These aren't just people on "the internet", they are people in the community. And the sheriff is throwing the Papini family under the bus.

I think if you haven't been through this, you really don't know. People can't be expected to know what they haven't lived through. I do have an acquaintance who has lived through this, and it's double hell. You have the initial crime, and then you have the hateful public opinion. Double hell.

How common is it to let them go? Because that sounds way too risky to me.

It is risky.

My thoughts are:

1. The coverage of the case made the perps scared so they let her go.

2. They really did "leave her for dead" with a bag over her head and handcuffed at 4:30am - perhaps they thought she would die without actually having to kill her themselves.

3. They never intended to kill her but to damage and degrade her for some reason, either personal to her or her family, or just because that's what they wanted to do.

IDK!!!

jmo

KP's rush to get a statestatement out after meeting with LE all day, and Bosenko maybe hinting that she might stop trying to talk them by any means you want to interpret that probably means we might be close to the "Hold on to your butts" moment this case has been building up too. The KP statement i think was an attempt to draw a line in the sand cause thats where its heading and jaws about to drop.

AND if he hadn't spoken about what Sherri went through most of us would still be speculating that this is a hoax, because of what the sheriff said last night.

So what if he mentioned she was branded? She was branded for a reason. It's no secret to the people that did it to her. They knew LE would find this out. It's on her body. Everything Keith said was already known to the people that harmed her. They left the evidence in plain sight. Does LE think they'll be surprised or scared off that they have this information? They branded her, beat her up and left her to be found that way.

IMO it's no news to the suspects. Maybe LE is more worried about panic from the public.

LE can waste a lot of time following up on false confessions and bad tips. When LE withholds some key information from the public, that time can be significantly reduced.

Likewise, true confessions and solid leads can be more easily verified if they contain details that haven't been made public.

I don't know if that's why LE wasn't ready to release the branding details publicly in this case, but it's possible. I can also think of a couple of other reasons.

Things that still bother me;
1. The husband/family not begging for the people's help in having the abductees apprehended.
2. Sheriffs office not coming out with clear confirmation that this was an abduction or that she jumped out of the SUV.
3. Where is the FBI in this case? Would love to hear a statement from them.
4. Why isn't the Randi /reward $ being split amongst the first 911 callers and truck driver?
5. Husband giving out extremely detailed description of physical harm to SP. it seems exaggerated when comparing to other descriptions from the sheriff and 911 callers.
6. Weeks of silence from husband, but now today's details???
And I could go on......

This bugs me a lot. If something like this happened to me or someone I knew I would be desperate to get the people responsible apprehended. I'd be afraid of them coming back for retaliation or whatever. It's very odd.

Also, I'm curious why KP isn't working closer with LE (instead of blindsiding them by sharing details LE didn't want out yet). There is just still some much about this story we don't know yet.

at the expense of compromising the investigation? They keep quiet during the whole missing/ransom/negotiator/reverse ransom stage. Can't he hush and wait a little bit until LE dot the i's and crosses the t's? A vile, sick, disturbing perpetrator(s) is on the loose. There will be plenty of time for the media once the perpetrator(s) are caught and charged.

We had a whole lot of people here on WS alone that thought the Sheriff or other LE should have been releasing more specifics on her injuries from the get go.

And/or saying he (Sheriff) needed to because they didn't think CHP was qualified enough to include the earlier statements about her condition.

If that was here on WS from some even long-time sleuthers making those statements / criticism / having those expectations, I can see someone likely to be far less familiar w/ typical case/investigative protocol releasing something not realizing the potential damage to investigative tactics.

Even when others on WS were raising the "what if the Sheriff is being tight lipped about injuries / suspects for investigative reasons" there were many arguing that it meant the Sheriff possibly didn't even believe SP or that it didn't matter, that it was owed due to public involvement/interest/safety whatever.

And it came up again in force after the whole broken bone vs. sprained ankle illustration yesterday and folks even here on WS saying it wouldn't be harming the investigation if the Sheriff confirmed more specifics about her condition and it was owed, yada yada.

And that was just here in the WS microcosm of mostly long-time case followers who should have a far better handle both on the need for investigators to use their best judgement in each case on what's best for their unique investigative/potential prosecutorial down the road needs, hardly the majority speaking out more widely!

Unfortunately it seems like with this case more than nearly any other I've followed, it's turning into a no-win in any form by any party no matter what is/is not done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member