Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying this is what happened to Sherri, because I'm all over the place with my opinion, but wanted to speak to trafficking.

Traffickers get requests from their clients for all kinds of different scenarios (fantasies) if you will. Sadly, we know there are some real sickos out there desiring very bad things. Think sadism and deviant urges. Traffickers provide this.

It's very ugly.

Very ugly indeed.

From FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin on Human Sex Trafficking

https://leb.fbi.gov/2011/march/human-sex-trafficking

The Operation

Today, the business of human sex trafficking is much more organized and violent. These women and young girls are sold to traffickers, locked up in rooms or brothels for weeks or months, drugged, terrorized, and raped repeatedly.10 These continual abuses make it easier for the traffickers to control their victims. The captives are so afraid and intimidated that they rarely speak out against their traffickers, even when faced with an opportunity to escape.

Generally, the traffickers are very organized. Many have a hierarchy system similar to that of other criminal organizations. Traffickers who have more than one victim often have a “bottom,” who sits atop the hierarchy of prostitutes. The bottom, a victim herself, has been with the trafficker the longest and has earned his trust. Bottoms collect the money from the other girls, discipline them, seduce unwitting youths into trafficking, and handle the day-to-day business for the trafficker.

Traffickers represent every social, ethnic, and racial group. Various organizational types exist in trafficking. Some perpetrators are involved with local street and motorcycle gangs, others are members of larger nationwide gangs and criminal organizations, and some have no affiliation with any one group or organization. Traffickers are not only men—women run many established rings.

Wow the branding a message thing......Until I read that I an idea that it was a male/female team up who abducted her to be a sex-slave like Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka.

What I started writing: I'm thinking sex slave and one of the "females" may be a male. Did she ever see either of them? Was she always blindfolded? A victim of sex-torture team Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka had cut her hair off. It was either as a trophy, a punishment and some believe Karla did it out of jealousy of the girl. The victim fought back hard.

Are there other missing women in that area at all? Could there be a chamber of women and girls also branded?

JMOO

AND if he hadn't spoken about what Sherri went through most of us would still be speculating that this is a hoax, because of what the sheriff said last night.

So what if he mentioned she was branded? She was branded for a reason. It's no secret to the people that did it to her. They knew LE would find this out. It's on her body. Everything Keith said was already known to the people that harmed her. They left the evidence in plain sight. Does LE think they'll be surprised or scared off that they have this information? They branded her, beat her up and left her to be found that way.

IMO it's no news to the suspects. Maybe LE is more worried about panic from the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only reason I can see that LE want Sherri's injuries kept secret is encase someone confesses. LE could use the details of the injuries to corroborate any confession.

I doubt anyone is going to confess to this. JMO

AND if he hadn't spoken about what Sherri went through most of us would still be speculating that this is a hoax, because of what the sheriff said last night.

So what if he mentioned she was branded? She was branded for a reason. It's no secret to the people that did it to her. They knew LE would find this out. It's on her body. Everything Keith said was already known to the people that harmed her. They left the evidence in plain sight. Does LE think they'll be surprised or scared off that they have this information? They branded her, beat her up and left her to be found that way.

IMO it's no news to the suspects. Maybe LE is more worried about panic from the public.

Keeping details of injuries close to vest is one way to determine whether or not a confession is false and etc. Serial perps can be linked by undisclosed details, too. Revealing them could lead to the offender changing some key piece up.

Respectfully, I am a female, and agree that chopping off a very attractive woman's long, blond, hair, is likely the action of another female.

IMHO
Totally! Females can be vicious! If her hair was chopped against her will, 99% sure a woman did it!

After reading several of the links on branding, I'm even more fearful for SP and her recovery. Branding can include burning, etching, or tattooing. One report said when the victim refused to be tattooed, they etched into her with a safety pin. The locations of the brands can be just about anywhere including the face, neck, wrist, and groin area. It's mostly used in trafficking, but what if she did have a stalker? Branding shows possession and it would be a way to send a message to SP and KP that she belonged to him if the perp's initials were left behind. JMO But from the first interview KP gave, I had this overwhelming feeling that he had extreme guilt (displaced, of course). Maybe he felt he let her down because he wasn't there to protect her or maybe he knew that someone had been creeping her out and dismissed it? Again MOO, but the branding seems to make it much more personal.

To send a message? That's the only reason I can think of unless it really is trafficking.

Also If that report/sighting at the truck stop is accurate - does anyone really think the abductors would have left SP alone outside? Would she not try to escape then?

It could be one of two things: Either she was too scared to run because she was threatened by her captors. Or it could be that she was heavily drugged. Based on the woman's report, it seems that she may have been kind of out of it as though she'd been drugged.

Many links have been posted about sex traffickers branding victims.

It may well to have been to "send a message" about who she belonged to.

Most articles about branding and ST indicate as such. It's a message or warning from the pimp to others to indicate who the victim is 'property' of.

If it's even relevant in this case (ST) and she was branded, it could easily have happened much earlier on prior to a possible scramble to try figure out if they should release or kill or whatever.

Again, very possibly not even relevant, but to post more links about branding not at all being uncommon in ST:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/31/us/sex-trafficking-branding/

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...d-trafficking-survivors-reclaiming-their-past

I saw one tattoo brand that was a bar code on the back of the victim's neck. The numbers underneath were thought to reference how much money she had to earn for her kidnapper before she'd be able to leave.

I saw one tattoo brand that was a bar code on the back of the victim's neck. The numbers underneath were thought to reference how much money she had to earn for her kidnapper before she'd be able to leave.

Omg. That's terrible :(

Wow the branding a message thing......Until I read that I an idea that it was a male/female team up who abducted her to be a sex-slave like Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka.

What I started writing: I'm thinking sex slave and one of the "females" may be a male. Did she ever see either of them? Was she always blindfolded? A victim of sex-torture team Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka had cut her hair off. It was either as a trophy, a punishment and some believe Karla did it out of jealousy of the girl. The victim fought back hard.

Are there other missing women in that area at all? Could there be a chamber of women and girls also branded?

JMOO

Oh man. Why did you mention them? Now all kinds of disturbing scenarios are playing in my head and unfortunately most of them fit. :(

The cutting of hair could also be an attempt to alter her appearance. #signaturelongblondehair

I find it so fascinating how the same information can be perceived and interpreted so differently. This case has been very odd from the beginning and it remains so even now that Sherri has been returned to her family. I really don't believe anyone is "bashing" the victim. Questioning the circumstances and current status of the case isn't really the same thing.

Most everyone here follows and have followed many, many cases. I don't recall seeing a case quite like this one myself. Even so, we must look at the probabilities. And, let's not forget how many unanswered questions there were - and still are - before Sherri was found. Did she jog every day? Were the kids in daycare everyday? Did KP come home for lunch frequently? Etc.

It seems to me that LE and SP's family are at odds. I can understand LE's frustration with specific details being revealed, but the division appears to go deeper than that, IMO.

I suppose the truth will be revealed in the days to come. But this is still a very active investigation and, personally, I can see it going in more than one direction.

I think this is really well-stated and fair. This IS a very weird case, and picking at the details of a case is what websleuthers so. I don't think most people have an ill intent toward anyone. It's just baffling.

Very ugly indeed.

From FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin on Human Sex Trafficking

https://leb.fbi.gov/2011/march/human-sex-trafficking

The Operation

Today, the business of human sex trafficking is much more organized and violent. These women and young girls are sold to traffickers, locked up in rooms or brothels for weeks or months, drugged, terrorized, and raped repeatedly.10 These continual abuses make it easier for the traffickers to control their victims. The captives are so afraid and intimidated that they rarely speak out against their traffickers, even when faced with an opportunity to escape.

Generally, the traffickers are very organized. Many have a hierarchy system similar to that of other criminal organizations. Traffickers who have more than one victim often have a “bottom,” who sits atop the hierarchy of prostitutes. The bottom, a victim herself, has been with the trafficker the longest and has earned his trust. Bottoms collect the money from the other girls, discipline them, seduce unwitting youths into trafficking, and handle the day-to-day business for the trafficker.

Traffickers represent every social, ethnic, and racial group. Various organizational types exist in trafficking. Some perpetrators are involved with local street and motorcycle gangs, others are members of larger nationwide gangs and criminal organizations, and some have no affiliation with any one group or organization. Traffickers are not only men—women run many established rings.

How common is it to let them go? Because that sounds way too risky to me.

I haven't ever been in this situation, but I have been in a tiny little piece of this situation, as all of us have. Someone turns on you, and a few other people take their side, and LIFE IS HORRIBLE.

Imagine this X thousands. Thousands of people are posting hateful things about them in public. Every one of us - ALL of us - care what people say and post about us. Think of a time when someone posted something hurtful about you - and now imagine you've been through 3 weeks of torture and CNN is carrying your story and people are laughing at you.

OUCH. I really don't think a single one of us could say it wouldn't hurt horribly.

Sherri hasnt even been home for a week. This was a life or death situation. I can honestly say I personally wouldn't be spending my time being concerned about what people on the internet were saying. Once again, my main focus would be the safety of my spouse, and cooperating with the investigation into the people who abducted and injured her. All just MOO.

I think if I was KP I would have said Sherri people are saying it was a hoax can I call news media when you are released from the hospital. Let them see you in the wheel chair getting into our car. Imo -Everyone would see her bandage nose and that would stop all this nonsense.

Most of that 'hoax' stuff got worse post-release, IMO, making that a moot point as far as even being a possible option.

And in response the "heavily battered" back and forth - all of which was also post-release from what we know timing wise.

Plus that'd have potentially led to media and others knowing where SP is currently at, which it seems like they're trying to limit to an "undisclosed location" for now since they'd have been able to follow the car, etc.

So for a lot of reasons, even if they wanted to go that route, I don't think they probably even realized the scope of the skepticism that would remain once people found out she was located, let alone even out of the hospital.

If warrants are sealed, is not everything sealed (including location)? Just wondering.

I believe 'sealed' warrants aren't accessible to the public. But, that does not prohibit LE from referencing them.

Snip:
Investigators put out 20 warrants for data including surveillance cameras and cell towers. The camera footage, from locations in Yolo County and the city of Redding, include homes, business, a church, motels and traffic cameras. Police are also sifting through cell tower information from the area where she was dropped. Source: http://www.am1460wixn.com/xnational...i-papinis-story-investigating-past-activities

My interpretation of the church (house of worship) warrant is that it applied only to video surveillance footage.

Investigators have reportedly since reviewed the footage, but church members indicated that there wasn't much to see. I don't think LE has confirmed that the video didn't capture Sherri approaching the church, however. Source: https://kobi5.com/news/police-continue-to-investigate-sherri-papini-case-41011/

I don't believe that this had anything to do with sex trafficking at this point, especially after the information that SP was branded with a message to her and to others. That's personal. Very personal. It sounds more like revenge or retaliation, IMO.

I agree. Let's add resentful too. After reading quietly for days, here's my opinion. I think these two women kidnapped Sherri for the thrill of torturing her. Let's face it - these are some disgusting, cruel, dehumanizing acts that they have carried out. They have no restraint in their actions IMO. If they wanted to kill her they would have. But much like a cat will play with a mouse they've caught, there's no fun in 'playing' with a dead captive. IDK where Sherri was kept during this time but at some point I think someone who held some kind of authority over these women, stumbled across what was going on and all hell broke lose. IMO this person had some kind of leverage over the women and demanded they release her in a way that it couldn't be traced back. Otherwise I think they would still be torturing Sherri today and we would still be wondering where she is. I suspect the branding was done when they knew they would have to release her. IMO the ransom and reward played no roll in her return. All JMO.

After reading several of the links on branding, I'm even more fearful for SP and her recovery. Branding can include burning, etching, or tattooing. One report said when the victim refused to be tattooed, they etched into her with a safety pin. The locations of the brands can be just about anywhere including the face, neck, wrist, and groin area. It's mostly used in trafficking, but what if she did have a stalker? Branding shows possession and it would be a way to send a message to SP and KP that she belonged to him if the perp's initials were left behind. JMO But from the first interview KP gave, I had this overwhelming feeling that he had extreme guilt (displaced, of course). Maybe he felt he let her down because he wasn't there to protect her or maybe he knew that someone had been creeping her out and dismissed it? Again MOO, but the branding seems to make it much more personal.

This is just awful. :(

I think this is really well-stated and fair. This IS a very weird case, and picking at the details of a case is what websleuthers so. I don't think most people have an ill intent toward anyone. It's just baffling.
Baffling on more than one level...
Disconnecting from the whole thing for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist