Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In April of what year? Do you know anything else about the arrests?

Per the OP's link and a google of it - 2011.

FBI:

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/sandiego/press-releases/2011/sd041811.htm

Local media:

http://www.10news.com/news/sex-trafficking-among-charges-in-oceanside-gang-probe

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Oceanside-Crips-Indicted-for-Prostitution-Ring-120141174.html

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...treet-gang-to-enterprise-2011apr22-story.html

You can hear regular raids happening at many hotels here on scanner traffic feed - even the stuff just publicly available on Broadcastify, etc. much of the time.

It's a huge issue here and I know some in the DA's office who are heavily involved in the investigations and awareness campaigns being done here as a result.

The Oceanside raid was more public, but it's a regularly mentioned/addressed topic here in San Diego County, at least.

Why does Shasta, CA ring such a bell? Didn't something else happen there that was in the news a few years ago? It sounds so familiar, but, my research isn't turning anything up.

Exactly. And as I mentioned earlier up thread, investigators *just* talked with Sherri the night before for several hours...whether Keith was with her or not during this interview, he was aware of this. So he didn't think to bring it to their attention "oh by the way, I'm releasing a statement tomorrow that will entail the horrid injuries she suffered." The lack of communication to LE tells me that Keith meant to keep the release of his statement from LE and close to the chest. Plus, at the onslaught of her release last week, I am sure LE coached them not to say any details to the press about Sherri? Wouldn't that be standard protocol? Even if nothing was communicated then, the blatant withholding of Keith's statement was intentional.

I feel like we are beating a dead horse here. Whether he blindsided the SCSO or not I'm sure his intentions were not to harm the investigation. I have watched families work with the SCSO before and IMO compared to other departments they are not the greatest communicators. Not that they are doing anything wrong but I do think they tend to cause some additional speed bumps for the families to overcome that can be frustrating to say the last ie: downplaying SP'S injuries. I think that KP was at his breaking point watching SP get ripped apart without much defense as he would interpret it from SCSO. So he took it upon himself to deal with it. Ultimately it does not change what happened. Watching this closely IMO the SCSO has a good bead on who they are looking at and SP and KP are aware of that. For that reason I think he feels he is less likely to railroad this investigation. Therefore, he spoke out, maybe when he was told not too. One reason could be that the branding could have been a gang name or some other message that so and so did this. They may not really want that info out there. For whatever it is worth though I don't think being so rapped up in "why" he disclosed the info is going to get anyone anywhere. I honestly think that had he not spoken out we would have never known. IMO of course. I appreciate and respect each and everyone of you and your opinions. You're all awesome.

She was too hot to handle IMO! High reward and high awareness that she was missing = high risk to traffick her. Just an opinion!

That could be it Boots. If this was a trafficking situation she could have been grabbed while on her jog because she appears very young looking. In athletic clothes and hair pulled back she might have been mistaken for a teen. Once they have her they realize she's a mother in her 30's then the media attention kicks in and they don't know what to do with her...so she's held until someone decides she's to be released.
JMO

I don't believe that this had anything to do with sex trafficking at this point, especially after the information that SP was branded with a message to her and to others. That's personal. Very personal. It sounds more like revenge or retaliation, IMO.

I have to say I have been highly suspicious of this case from the start and felt like it was a hoax. I still feel uneasy about it for some reason. I am sorry for what SP went through, as it does appear that she was victimized. But why is it that I feel like something is missing in this case? I can't really accept the human trafficking aspect, even though that might make the most sense.

Why would two women kidnap a mom in her 30's? It seems they would be more likely to kidnap a teen. I think a teen would be easier to lure into a trap. Maybe I am way off in these assumptions.

Does anyone else think the husband protests too much? I know he is emotionally drained and probably not making the best decisions, but releasing a statement that hasn't been approved by authorities is perplexing. To be honest, and I am not saying this to be critical but only to assess KP's thinking process, the statement was poorly written. There were numerous grammatical and spelling mistakes. Perhaps he is not consulting with anyone before jumping into the media limelight.

I hope that whatever has gone on in this case, those who are guilty will be found and punished.

I'm still up in the air on the trafficking but maybe they dumped her because of the publicity and the fact that it didn't look like it was going to die down. Can't be making money in a woman that's going to get you busted

Just a theory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't they have cut their losses at that point and just killed her? They branded her with a message for her and others. I don't think sex traffickers' would send a message ... what would they have to say?

I don't believe that this had anything to do with sex trafficking at this point, especially after the information that SP was branded with a message to her and to others. That's personal. Very personal. It sounds more like revenge or retaliation, IMO.

We're on the same wavelength ;)

I still firmly believe that KP has issues with local LE. For whatever reason.

This is the second time that there appears to be a power struggle between him and LE.

I am glad his wife is ok. But he really needs to listen to LE and take their lead on what to release re: details about his wife. He very well could end up doing more harm than good.

He mentioned people who are speculating on the internet that the abduction may have been a hoax, or for money, etc. Who the heck cares what a bunch of strangers are saying? He has his wife back safe, and his primary concern should be the apprehension and prosecution of her abductors. Not much else matters at this point right? If they aren't caught, it can happen again or to others. For this reason, something still feels off. There are key details about Sherri we are still missing.
This... @ Knox, jmo... This is the heart of the puzzle. What is important, and why is it important... Here at Websleuths solving the crime and stopping another victim from becoming a statistic is our goal. Every Law Enforcement agency and officer that I have ever known, this was also their ultimate goal, no matter how varied the approach... With that being said, I am intelligent enough to know that what may be important to me, may not be the ultimate goal for others...

As a blonde female mother in my mid-30's living in the area, I sure as heck hope to get some more deets regarding the potential perps, other than what has been reported. I do respect LE not revealing a lot of info as their investigation is ongoing but....thank the lord baby Jesus i have a treadmill.

I agree a revenge motive also fits.
But if it is trafficking the brand is a message: you are property

We're on the same wavelength ;)

I agree. This was personal.

Someone earlier asked why her old blog could be relevant to this case. I think it is possibly very relevant and could very well go towards a motive for someone to hurt her.

I agree. If it were only one person I would say random and sadistic, but because there were at least two, possibly four, people involved it must be personal. Torturing her and releasing her with a message to others - I don't think sex traffickers or addicts (this has been far too organized for addicts to pull off) or random deviants would do that. I think two people were sent on a mission to get her and deliver her to somewhere, and possibly someone else.

So she was targeted for a specific reason and although she was tortured they probably intended for her to survive until they released her.

Something is missing. Why her? Who did it? What's the message? Why did it end when it did?

All jmo.

Hello. I'm going to get flack for this, but it's important to me.

Is there any chance Sherri's threads can be changed from "Found Safe" to "Found Alive"? She fought to survive, and with all of the physical and mental torture she endured, I don't think she was "Found Safe".

I am thrilled she is safe now, after receiving medical treatment, and that she is recovering with her family in private. I hope she lives a long, healthy life!!

Done !!

The sheriff was "blindsided" by Keith going public to disclose his wife's more serious injuries than described by the sheriff. This sheriff has also said "we CURRENTLY have no reason to doubt the story", something to that effect. I suggest posters here in this thread introduce their boyfriends/husbands next time with the description "this is my current boyfriend". Current means it's about to change.

My heart is with the Papinis. They have been horribly wronged here, and the sheriff not sticking up for them 100% is wrong.

See, I respectfully disagree that "current means it's about to change." Sure, it could change (hypothetically), but it could also continue/remain the same. Current could mean at this time. Semantics, I know, but something that is currently true could remain true. I currently believe SP was the victim of a terrible crime. Could my belief change? Perhaps if new evidence comes to light. But it's possible that my opinion will continue to be she is a victim. Not picking on you, JeannaT, as your thoughts are as valid as mine. I'm just pointing out that just as there have differing interpretations of facts and quotes, there can be different interpretations of a single word.

I do agree the Papinis have been horribly wronged (by the perpetrators) and my heart is also with them.

Per the OP's link and a google of it - 2011.

FBI:

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/sandiego/press-releases/2011/sd041811.htm

Local media:

http://www.10news.com/news/sex-trafficking-among-charges-in-oceanside-gang-probe

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Oceanside-Crips-Indicted-for-Prostitution-Ring-120141174.html

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...treet-gang-to-enterprise-2011apr22-story.html

You can hear regular raids happening at many hotels here on scanner traffic feed - even the stuff just publicly available on Broadcastify, etc. much of the time.

It's a huge issue here and I know some in the DA's office who are heavily involved in the investigations and awareness campaigns being done here as a result.

The Oceanside raid was more public, but it's a regularly mentioned/addressed topic here in San Diego County, at least.
Per the OP'S link, NONE of those women fit Sherri's demagraphic criteria...

I feel that the comments the Sheriff made yesterday caused Keith to write the letter to GMA. The Sheriff is a poor communicator in my opinion. If he didn't want details of Sherri's injuries known at this point he should have said that he had no comment at this time. Instead he ended up minimizing her injuries which caused people to doubt the victims. Not good.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member