Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To any friends and family of Sherri, and indeed Sherri herself, who may be reading this - from the very bottom of my heart, I am deeply sorry that I ever doubted this was a genuine case. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and trauma that this poor woman suffered during her weeks in captivity and wish her the very best in healing and trying to rebuild her life after this.

No matter what someone's personal beliefs, religions, political views - absolutely nobody deserves to be treated like she was. I hope they capture the mongrels who did this to her and hang them out to dry!!!

Be strong, Sherri and know that so many people have you in their thoughts :loveyou:

If any of the 189 guests here are locals, PLEASE join WS and post! Thanks. JMO

But the sheriff did not say that. The word "blindsided" appears nowhere in his statements, and yet you put it in quotes which means something very specific, as in, words out of his mouth. This is editorializing ... muddying the waters! Don't do that! It's bad enough already!! :)

The OP was directly quoting the first paragraph of the article.

The article did the same with the word "surprised" in paragraph 3.

So the OP was simply including the direct first paragraph from the article.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...appointed-by-keith-papini-statement/191592075

So, the question remains, why did KP go outside the SCSO and make this statement to "blindside" them?

Just because the Sheriff used the word "blindside" or felt blindsided by the statement does not mean that was KP's intention to do so.

But the sheriff did not say that. The word "blindsided" appears nowhere in his statements, and yet you put it in quotes which means something very specific, as in, words out of his mouth. <modsnip>

There are already at least ten posts quoting "blindsided." That's how stuff spirals out of control. He did not say that...

The reporter quoted him as saying it. She didn't provide the interview but she definitely quoted him.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...appointed-by-keith-papini-statement/191592075

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I haven't read through yet, only at page 4. Did someone cut her hair or shave it off? To make her look like a skinhead?

I haven't read through yet, only at page 4. Did someone cut her hair or shave it off? T

RSBM -- it's not known at this time who/why/when/where her hair was cut, or if it was shaved. KP said cut so that's what I am believing.

I haven't read through yet, only at page 4. Did someone cut her hair or shave it off? To make her look like a skinhead?

IIRC LE said it was likely a psychological/control tactic of the kidnappers

Maybe Keith released the info he did so that the negative focus would be taken off of his wife and put on to him.

Wow, I stand corrected on the fact KP gave LE a heads up about his statement. I would think all pertinent parties would be in sync, working together.

This action by KP is not good and shows division between the family and LE.

Yeah, LE has been trying to obtain/hold information and evidence that could box in the responsible criminals.

Meanwhile, the non LE-sanctioned negotiator had been publicly making pleas and promises to the unidentified criminals, and now the husband is releasing information publicly that only the criminals would know (without running it by LE first).

In my view, Sheriff Bosenko is trying to do his job here and he ain't gonna please everyone no matter what, but his main focus is solving this case and bringing the criminal(s) to justice. As it should be, in my opinion.

Keith Papini putting the opinions of some social media commentators ahead of LE's goals, even if he did so inadvertently and without malice, put the Sheriff and his team in a weaker position.

I hope LE has obtained a lot of pertinent information from surveillance video, cell records and witness reports. If so, I won't blame the Sheriff one bit if he doesn't reveal it to us or the Papinis until he has probable cause to take action (no matter how curious I am).

I'm not bagging on anyone; I'm simply not seeing LE as the bad guys or inept in this case. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes on this one.

From the LT in the very same interview:

The speculation / questions / pressure / accusations on SM seemed to have gotten to him.

Certainly far from the first case we've seen this happen in - for varying reasons.

The Lt said he understood...but was blindsided...and as quoted more than once above, would overcome that obstacle of KP's release of info they wanted held close to the vest, just as they overcome obstacles in other cases.

Yeah, I was just about to say maybe he was sick and tired of all the accusations and nastiness being flung towards his missus when she's been through hell. Unless he was specifically asked not to say a word about it, he's defending his wife.

I would think the victim/family would be working closely with LE; therefore, no surprises! Just sayin........

The family/victim might still be working with the FBI. They could be leaving local LE out for a reason? Just a thought! FBI was responsible for solving Denise Huskins' kidnapping. :wink:

I'm out for the night.

Seems like the Sheriff and the Papini's are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Really sad to see.

Just because the Sheriff used the word "blindside" or felt blindsided by the statement does not mean that was KP's intention to do so.

Ok, then the question still remains, why did KP make statements that "surprised" the SCSO? Isn't that the fairest PC question here? Aren't they supposed to be working in tandem to solve this mystery?

Branded as a message- he said a message to her and others

BBM my hunch is that "and others" do not involve random strangers. I'm leaning to specific people close to SP.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this case would lead and tied in with a cold case in the area

Yeah, LE has been trying to obtain/hold information and evidence that could box in the responsible criminals.

Meanwhile, the non LE-sanctioned negotiator had been publicly making pleas and promises to the unidentified criminals, and now the husband is releasing information publicly that only the criminals would know (without running it by LE first).

In my view, Sheriff Bosenko is trying to do his job here and he ain't gonna please everyone no matter what, but his main focus is solving this case and bringing the criminal(s) to justice. As it should be, in my opinion.

Keith Papini putting the opinions of some social media commentators' opinions ahead of LE's goals, even if he did so inadvertently and without malice, put the Sheriff and his team in a weaker position.

I hope LE has obtained a lot of pertinent information from surveillance video, cell records and witness reports. If so, I won't blame the Sheriff one bit if he doesn't reveal it to us or the Papinis until he has probable cause to take action (no matter how curious I am).

I'm not bagging on anyone; I'm simply not seeing LE as the bad guys or inept in this case. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes on this one.

I would agree with you, especially on the bold part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1