Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is quite cold here in Arizona right now - below normal, barely 60 - and so sitting on my hands keeps them really warm. I highly recommend it.
I can't lol enough.😂😂😂

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't know what to make of the flowery, novel-sounding statement made by Keith. Definitely very crafted words, something you'd read in a suspense novel.

IMO, they've been deeply hurt by the vitriolic attacks found online, so I don't find anything wrong with what he said. I respect him for speaking up for his wife and her awful situation, I'm just sad that he had to.

He's been criticized for not saying enough, then when he does speak he's criticized for what he said and how he said it. He can't win with some people.

From SpanishInquisition's Link:

Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said he was "blindsided" by Keith Papini's statement issued Tuesday that included key pieces of information in the case.

Sheriff Bosenko said he learned of the statement only an hour before he was expected to appear on Good Morning America Tuesday morning where he was questioned by George Stephanopolous.

and

Bertain added they were disappointed Keith went into so much detail by releasing key pieces of information, like Sherri was branded.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...appointed-by-keith-papini-statement/191592075

Having finally caught up...my heart goes out to Sherri for the horrendous ordeal she has been through. She was literally tortured. Imagine being in this house of horrors for three weeks, terrified about what would be done to you next, or if the next thing was being killed and never seeing your husband, children and family again. Imagine the intense mental anguish and torment along with the physical.

Imagine what her husband has been through all this time. Not knowing if he'd see Sherri alive again. Hearing the cruel speculations. Doing whatever he could to rescue her. Joy that she's alive! I know my husband would fall apart seeing me with injuries like that...imagine the grief, pity, sorrow for Sherri and the rage at those who put his wife through this. Knowing that she will never be the same woman she was before she was abducted. Fear of the future. Is she still in danger? What about their children?

A wise man once defined empathy as "feeling your pain in my heart." May our sleuthing, suspicions and understandable desire for answers never callous our hearts so that we cannot feel the pain of victims and even LE. Let us keep our hearts soft and open to those who are in pain, offering comfort, not criticism, while we wait for information. We each have a choice. This is mine. :heartbeat:
JMO

That was very lovely and well said, Lilibet!

Unfortunately the Community is going to not know what hit them. The branding will say a lot... remember those sealed warrants and one was a house of worship in Redding... Look at Bethal, the negotiator and what his Taken project is all about... unbelievable, right?
Husband did not know a lot of what his wife was doing, but who knows how's this all plays out. I wonder what the branded message will tell us?

There is a sealed warrants for a house of worship ?!?! I missed that. Which one ? Any other info about it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came back after an hour or so and just knew this would be shut down by now. Must be a new record. [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the Community is going to not know what hit them. The branding will say a lot... remember those sealed warrants and one was a house of worship in Redding... Look at Bethal, the negotiator and what his Taken project is all about... unbelievable, right?
Husband did not know a lot of what his wife was doing, but who knows how's this all plays out. I wonder what the branded message will tell us?

Link please for the bolded part?

I think that would be true of most gangs with male members, females I'm not so sure about.

This comes across almost as an amateurish effort to abduct and hold someone, torture them and scare the hell out of them, and then let them go without explanation.

So what would possibly drive someone to go to all of that trouble without a pay day ?

One theory that sounds plausible is that it was done to "impress" someone or to find a way "in". If she had been killed, it might have brought a whole lot of heat down on everybody involved, so the decision was made to let her walk.

Hence the gang initiation theory. Only a bunch of ****s could come up with something so ludicrous in order to prove one's self.

for 22 looooong days??? that's the mother of initiations O.O

Firstly welcome to WS!

Where did this information come from? Do you have a link to back this up? If the warrants are sealed how do you know what the subject of one was?

Lieutenant Anthony Bertain, the head of the Investigations Division at the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, said he understood the need for Keith to set the story straight from rampant social media but that investigators were "surprised" by his statement. Bertain added they were disappointed Keith went into so much detail by releasing key pieces of information, like Sherri was branded.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/husband-missing-mom-talks-time-weeks-43859936

Someone please make sure this link is copied to the media thread.

THIS ENDS THE DEBATE ABOUT WHETHER LE DOES OR DOES NOT VERIFY SP'S INJURIES. THE LEAD DETECTIVE JUST VERIFIED IT AND EXPLAINED WHY THE SHERIFF APPEARED TO BACKPEDAL.

ADMIN NOTE: There will be no more comments suggesting the sheriff denied the VICTIM's injuries are as KP stated they are. NONE.

"There's some unique information in there that was in his press release today that we were hoping to keep a tight rein on as far as what we were going to release to the public" Bertain said. "It's not the first hurdle in this investigation that we've had, we've overcome many of them, not just in this case, but there's surprises in all investigations, so this is just..wasn't good timing."

Sheriff Bosenko said Sherri Papini was interviewed by investigators again Tuesday afternoon and the Sheriff's Department hopes to release more detailed information about the two Hispanic women who held Sherri captive at a press conference Wednesday.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...appointed-by-keith-papini-statement/191592075

And:

Bertain added they were disappointed Keith went into so much detail by releasing key pieces of information, like Sherri was branded.

Sure seem to add confirmation to KP's statements since it's referenced as "key pieces of information" AND that the reason they didn't release it was investigative.

Considering one of those is a direct quote from the LT in charge of the investigation...

And of it being released by KP - he's calling it "a hurdle" and "wasn't good timing."

"It's not the first hurdle in this investigation that we've had, we've overcome many of them, not just in this case, but there's surprises in all investigations, so this is just..wasn't good timing."

Again, IMO, indicating he's verifying but saying they weren't wanting it released now for a specific investigative/tactical reason.

And seeming to indicate KP doing it seemed to stem from all the questions/doubt/speculation on SM, etc.

Lieutenant Anthony Bertain, the head of the Investigations Division at the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, said he understood the need for Keith to set the story straight from rampant social media but that investigators were "surprised" by his statement.

Forgive me if it's been discussed but I can't keep up...

This story does ring right with me. I'm wondering if the ransom was actually paid but they waited to release her to throw everyone off. And the offer to increase the random/reward was just a way to cover it all up. I still however, find it odd that she was kept alive (albeit glad she was) for 3 weeks then just dropped off. So this ransom theory is the only thing that makes sense. I don't really buy the whole 2 hispanic women thing. JMO

Branded as a message- he said a message to her and others

One wonders if 'others' are those who hold her beliefs, whatever they might be. And I have at least one idea of what that might be. MOO.

attachment.php

I can't be the only one who needs this right now

:rollercoaster:

Might want to drop a bucket of those at the beginning of the next thread with a "please, help yourself" sign attached. :facepalm:

Please include a link that states the Sheriff called Keith a liar.

I am agreeing with the poster's viewpoint, please don't ask for a link on an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1