Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many gangs in California are involved in trafficking. IMO, they can't be excluded in SP's abduction. BBM

[h=2]Sold for Sex: The Link Between Street Gangs and Human Trafficking[/h]In April of this year, in Oceanside, California, thirty-eight Crips gang members, their alleged associates, and two hotel owners were arrested for engaging in a sex trafficking enterprise that involved the prostitution of minors and adult females. After raping their victims and threatening to kill them if they tried to escape, the gang members sold the girls online. The girls were trapped in a hotel for twelve hours a day, as men who had purchased their bodies from the gang members had sex with them. Though these commercial sex acts brought in between $1,000 to $3,000 dollars a day, the young women and children never saw a penny of the money. Their only payment was food, avoiding beatings, and staying alive.

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2011/10/4034/

I don;t know. Gang initiation typically involves being jumped into the gang or committing a crime against rivals, or a typical gang type crime like robbery. Abducting and holding a woman for three weeks as a gang initiation? I think trafficking, which is remote on my list, is a greater possibility.

Just because these women were described as "Hispanic" does not mean they are affiliated with gangs. Unless it's the kind of big, narco-trafficante type gang we hear about south of the border that abducts women and children and men - everyone - from rich families for money or retribution, that has somehow spread to the north.

I think it's more likely to be the typical motivation for women in her demographic - sexual assault. Sometimes these scary predators have scary women they use to assist them, like Jaycee Dugard's captor or Elizabeth Smart's, among others. My bet is it is more likely that kid of scenario than gang or trafficking. Or straight, targeted kidnapping for ransom.

MOO ... I think he spoke out to end the constant 'this is a hoax' postings from everywhere far and wide. Perhaps he thought justice would be served naturally and didn't realise he might be hindering the investigation?
Ok, but the Sheriff had the statement for an hour. In that hour, it would seem he might have been able to reach KP and ask him not to release some if it. But maybe there wasn't time. Thinking out loud....

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

BBM my hunch is that "and others" do not involve random strangers. I'm leaning to specific people close to SP.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this case would lead and tied in with a cold case in the area

Are you thinking of a specific case?

From an FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin

https://leb.fbi.gov/2011/march/human-sex-trafficking

Physical Indicators

Injuries from beatings or weapons
Signs of torture (e.g., cigarette burns)
Brands or scarring, indicating ownership
Signs of malnourishment

Wow, that's a dead on description of what happened to her. So much for the talk about traffickers not beating their victims so they look good.

Ok, then the question still remains, why did KP make statements that "surprised" the SCSO? Isn't that the fairest PC question here? Aren't they supposed to be working in tandem to solve this mystery?

Exactly. And as I mentioned earlier up thread, investigators *just* talked with Sherri the night before for several hours...whether Keith was with her or not during this interview, he was aware of this. He didn't bring it to their attention "I'm releasing a statement tomorrow that will entail the horrid injuries she suffered." The lack of communication to LE tells me that Keith meant to keep the release of his statement from LE and close to the chest. Plus, at the onslaught of her release last week, I am sure LE coached them not to say any details to the press about Sherri? Wouldn't that be standard protocol? Even if nothing was communicated then, the blatant withholding of Keith's statement was intentional.

No indication that she was trafficked, though....they ditched her after 21 days. ?????JMO

Exactly. And as I mentioned earlier up thread, investigators *just* talked with Sherri the night before for several hours...whether Keith was with her or not during this interview, he was aware of this. So he didn't think to bring it to their attention "oh by the way, I'm releasing a statement tomorrow that will entail the horrid injuries she suffered." The lack of communication to LE tells me that Keith meant to keep the release of his statement from LE and close to the chest. Plus, at the onslaught of her release last week, I am sure LE coached them not to say any details to the press about Sherri? Wouldn't that be standard protocol? Even if nothing was communicated then, the blatant withholding of Keith's statement was intentional.

KP seems like a good man whose emotions may sometimes get the best of him. This is the second time they have not been on the same page (first time was with the ransom). I would just hate it if the perps were never caught due to the compromise and conflicts of interest, or if they are caught but a mistrial occurs because of conflicting actions.

I'm still up in the air on the trafficking but maybe they dumped her because of the publicity and the fact that it didn't look like it was going to die down. Can't be making money in a woman that's going to get you busted

Just a theory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No indication that she was trafficked, though....they ditched her after 21 days. ?????JMO

She was too hot to handle IMO! High reward and high awareness that she was missing = high risk to traffick her. Just an opinion!

I do not think the Sheriff is purposely putting doubts in people's mind, rather he is being vague. IMO, I think the local LE are working their butts off with a load of info that still needs to be sorted out.
I think this is possible. I've gone back and forth. But one thing I know from past experiences is that LE is often daunted by updating the public. They are working around the clock on a high profile case. It's kind of taking time away from that to stop and answer questions when they don't really need anything specific from the public.

Ok, then the question still remains, why did KP make statements that "surprised" the SCSO? Isn't that the fairest PC question here? Aren't they supposed to be working in tandem to solve this mystery?

Then is an equally 'fair PC question' the one that's been asked here dozens of times in the last 3 threads (and even in this thread alone) also, as far as many posters asking that in reverse?

As in, could KP have been reading/hearing questions/comments here and elsewhere (and surely in real life) asking why some people felt SCSO was making it look like SP wasn't a victim and it was all made up and that the Sheriff should be supporting the family and victim and working with them?

And perhaps KP was trying to force their hand to come out and say it wasn't a hoax?

Not saying I'd go that route personally, particularly as you'd be hard pressed to find someone more supportive of LE on the whole than me...

But the past 3 threads at least sure show a ton of folks here on WS alone who have inferred or said or raised the same speculation, flat out saying the Sheriff was calling into question whether any of SP's ordeal was legit based on his words, and saying if it was legit then the Sheriff was further victimizing the family by not providing more specifics and/or flat out confirming KP's words.

If he read/heard enough of that in various places and surely in person - like I said, there are many dozens of comments saying the same here on WS alone in just the last 36 hours - maybe he was wondering the same thing in reverse?

Like I said, I'd be too worried about possibly jeopardizing something and/or alienating LE to do so I think, but if my loved one and my family were being accused of all the stuff KP/SP and family have been accused of, even here on (theoretically, and usually far more) victim friendly WS, well...who knows if I might reach a breaking point with the public criticism and accusations also?

:dunno:

I'm still up in the air on the trafficking but maybe they dumped her because of the publicity and the fact that it didn't look like it was going to die down. Can't be making money in a woman that's going to get you busted

Just a theory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:yeahthat: High profile and public awareness helped save this lady's life. jmo

Many gangs in California are involved in trafficking. IMO, they can't be excluded in SP's abduction. BBM

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2011/10/4034/

In April of this year, in Oceanside, California, thirty-eight Crips gang members, their alleged associates, and two hotel owners were arrested for engaging in a sex trafficking enterprise that involved the prostitution of minors and adult females.

In April of what year? Do you know anything else about the arrests?

"There's some unique information in there that was in his press release today that we were hoping to keep a tight rein on as far as what we were going to release to the public" Bertain said. "It's not the first hurdle in this investigation that we've had, we've overcome many of them, not just in this case, but there's surprises in all investigations, so this is just..wasn't good timing."

Sheriff Bosenko said Sherri Papini was interviewed by investigators again Tuesday afternoon and the Sheriff's Department hopes to release more detailed information about the two Hispanic women who held Sherri captive at a press conference Wednesday.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...appointed-by-keith-papini-statement/191592075

The sheriff was "blindsided" by Keith going public to disclose his wife's more serious injuries than described by the sheriff. This sheriff has also said "we CURRENTLY have no reason to doubt the story", something to that effect. I suggest posters here in this thread introduce their boyfriends/husbands next time with the description "this is my current boyfriend". Current means it's about to change.

My heart is with the Papinis. They have been horribly wronged here, and the sheriff not sticking up for them 100% is wrong.

Exactly. Why is KP mucking up this investigation at this point? His comments completely comprised this investigation, IMO. This article points to that: http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...appointed-by-keith-papini-statement/191592075

He mentioned people who are speculating on the internet that the abduction may have been a hoax, or for money, etc. Who the heck cares what a bunch of strangers are saying? He has his wife back safe, and his primary concern should be the apprehension and prosecution of her abductors. Not much else matters at this point right? If they aren't caught, it can happen again or to others. For this reason, something still feels off. There are key details about Sherri we are still missing.

He mentioned people who are speculating on the internet that the abduction may have been a hoax, or for money, etc. Who the heck cares what a bunch of strangers are saying? He has his wife back safe, and his primary concern should be the apprehension and prosecution of her abductors. Not much else matters at this point right? If they aren't caught, it can happen again or to others. For this reason, something still feels off. There are key details about Sherri we are still missing.

I haven't ever been in this situation, but I have been in a tiny little piece of this situation, as all of us have. Someone turns on you, and a few other people take their side, and LIFE IS HORRIBLE.

Imagine this X thousands. Thousands of people are posting hateful things about them in public. Every one of us - ALL of us - care what people say and post about us. Think of a time when someone posted something hurtful about you - and now imagine you've been through 3 weeks of torture and CNN is carrying your story and people are laughing at you.

OUCH. I really don't think a single one of us could say it wouldn't hurt horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1