Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is confused by time zones- 1:30 Pacific is 2:30 Mountain, 3:30 Central, 4:30 Eastern.

If my daughter was held captive for 22 days and released, there is nothing and I mean nothing that would stop me from seeing her, including her husband.

What about her own wishes? Cause even a parent willing to disregard Sherri's wishes at this point would be a pretty terrible person IMO.

I had the very same thought when I read the phone was placed what seems quite deliberately, I instantly thought they left a chunk of hair as a message.

Remember when the story first broke? There were reports of "clumps of hair".
Then it turned into 3-8 strands or something like that.
I now wonder if there really were clumps, and LE was keeping that close to the vest for some reason?

Maybe, but considering her husband mentioned her hair on the buds when he found them, and considering he mentioned her hair was chopped when she was released, I am thinking the hair on the buds was intentionally left with them, not just a product of her being grabbed. Jmo
I believe I read 3-8 strands of hair. Most articles call it "a few strands".

Please forgive my ignorance, and please forgive me if this is off topic. I am from a small town and moved to a smaller town in my adult years (under 200 people). Is it normal to have as many people missing as the Redding area has? This is a link to their PD Missing persons page: http://reddingpolice.org/missing-persons/ (S.P. is still on the list, so maybe it isn't updated often?

Most of those listed are shown as RunAway.

But Dexter mentions an interesting theory. What if they cross-reference pings from the "found" date/time/location with the pings from the "taken" date/time/location? It might narrow it down to a very small (hopefully 1 or 2) cell phones.

Agree. I think the Nypd started using some stingray equipment that allows cross references of pings to hurry up and catch possible terrorist after 9/11.

Now granted; The service may not be available for non Home Security cases.

But it's definitely probably available to help LE in certain cases that are featured on Good Morning America. Jmo

I wonder if the hair was left with the phone and earbuds was left so that DNA could verify that it was indeed Sherri (that had been taken)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The root balls must be on the hairs in order to obtain DNA.

What about her own wishes? Cause even a parent willing to disregard Sherri's wishes at this point would be a pretty terrible person IMO.

Like I stated before, nothing would keep me away. I would not consider myself terrible but a loving and caring mother.

Remember when the story first broke? There were reports of "clumps of hair".
Then it turned into 3-8 strands or something like that.
I now wonder if there really were clumps, and LE was keeping that close to the vest for some reason?

Yep, I think they have kept a lot close to their vests, the ransom thing really threw a spanner in the works re the investigation and how we perceived what was going on, I mean it sure grabbed our attention and deflected a lot of attention from LE's investigation, public wise. Maybe that was the the intention I really don't know as I've not seen anything like that following a case before.

KP knew right away his wife was abducted, being given a 'message' ie clump of hair with her phone sure would be one way to do it. We know now the abductors do like to send a message.

At 4:30 in the morning on 11/24?

You are right, my apologies I did not think that through. Maybe not enough coffee yet. I do wonder though if they were planning this attack it is very possible that they may go without phones or phones off. Criminals are getting pretty savvy about their phones these days. The fact that they made sure to leave her phone behind tells me they are aware the trouble a phone could get them into IMO. However, very good point and I am sure they are looking into it.

I think I'd want to see my mom. No I KNOW I'd want her there with me. Married or no.

This hair obsession is bizarre.........but the long blonde hair or lack thereof is clearly of great significance to KP,for one. JMO

Agree. I think the Nypd started using some stingray equipment that allows cross references of pings to hurry up and catch possible terrorist after 9/11.

Now granted; The service may not be available for non Home Security cases.

But it's definitely probably available to help LE in certain cases that are featured on Good Morning America. Jmo

If they weren't using the same phone on the day of the abduction; what would it matter?

There is just no way anyone could keep my mother from seeing me after an ordeal such as this. I can't understand how her parents have not seen her but have spoken to her only a few times. But again just another day in odd SP case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 4:30 in the morning on 11/24?

Yes. I-5 is the major interstate that runs through Washington, Oregon, and California, from Canada to Mexico. It is very heavily traveled and while traffic is certainly lighter at 4:30am than at rush hour, there still would have been very substantial traffic.

But Dexter mentions an interesting theory. What if they cross-reference pings from the "found" date/time/location with the pings from the "taken" date/time/location? It might narrow it down to a very small (hopefully 1 or 2) cell phones.

You can only ping a phone if you know the number. They can get cell tower dumps for both locations, for specific time frames. Once the cell phone providers, which could be multiple, provide the raw data, someone has to go through that data looking for a match. Time consuming. I'm certain LE or the FBI is doing it and we won't hear about it unless it is a key factor in an arrest and trial.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members