Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just poking my head out of the rabbit hole to say hey all. Still following. Despite it making me cray cray?????

Either they took the money offer before it expired on Wed., releasing her the next day (which happened to be Thanksgiving), or whoever took her released her for no obvious reason at all.

And if the fbi was involved or now involved

Then I am sure they would know how and who the ransom was paid too.

But we still have the local sherrif's fishing?

Not everyone comes from a close knit or has functionally intact close family. I've personally known 3 or 4 people who were/are estranged from their parents or at least one parent. It's not all that uncommon. My own (elderly) mother would be fine with just a phone call because she won't fly, doesn't travel, doesn't drive outside of about 5 mi in her retirement village, has always been nervous in a car, especially on a freeway. Plus some people can't handle something like seeing a bruised/battered family member.

People out there have all kinds of issues and situations that others have no clue about.

The thought is they could try to match a phone pinging at the found location with any phone pinging from another tower on the day she disappeared from that location.

If we assume that the matches are only 1 2 or a small handful of phones then its very possible that even a burner phone could have been activated by a not so smart perp who used their real name in the activation process.

So IMO I do think this is worth a good try by LE to try to do that checking.

companies that activate burner phones don't ask for ant info. Just a zip code, and you can use any zip code you want depending on what you want your area code to be.

But you think the perps were so kind enough to make sure she was able to spend Thanksgiving night with her family?

So how considerate or how much was paid to the honored perps to have a Thanksgiving resolution on their mind for their captived?

So imo

This would seem like the perps were known before Thanksgiving.

But LE is still fishing?

Come on.

Lol

LE had nothing to do with the negotiator and Keith & family made it very clear that they just wanted her back, no questions asked. They didn't care if they were felons, etc. So ... LE wouldn't know anything about a transfer of money if it happened. They are, in fact, denying it.

I'm not 100% on board with the ransom being paid. But if it wasn't, why was she let go? And the day after it expired?

Been reading the threads for awhile now, wanted to jump in and add my theory.

For reference, I live near the area where she was found, and I am a mother in her 30s who has long blond hair and jogs in rural areas! Needless to say, this story has grabbed my attention.

At first I thought it was a crime of convenience or passion: a local creep, or truck driver passes by, or gets to know her patterns and snatches her up. I don't believe this to be the case, because typically those are the bodies found within a few miles of the disappearance raped and strangled.

I believe it was a ransom case from the get-go. And I don't believe her husband was the target. It is clear from all the dirt that has been dug up that Sherri and her husband weren't particularly wealthy.
<modsnip>
I also think someone on team 'SP' knows who is behind all of it, but cannot come forward because they purposely kept LE out of the loop, or don't want LE to know about their nefarious dealings. I would bet that the mastermind hired ****s to do the dirty work for a slice of the pie.

As for the branding, I think it was more about inflicting pain than anything else, but also a reminder to her and whomever the real ransom target was that they messed with the wrong people/person.

Didn't LE indicate yesterday they might have a composite drawing(s) of some suspects ready by today?

I don't understand how they could do that when they've stated she never saw the women's faces.

BBM - was... was it your brain? :scared:

:laughing:

ROFL. There's my trouble!

Seriously, I just wanted to go home. I had to check in with my surgeons daily and have regular follow-ups, but as long as I was being monitored, there was no reason to stay....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couple of random thoughts that are pure speculation by me:
1) There is some pretty hardcore anti-radical-Islam stuff on her Pinterest board. What are the odds of someone tracking her down from social media and trying to make her pay for that? (One would think that someone who had lived in CA their whole life would recognize Hispanic vs. Middle Eastern, though.)
2) The high school enemy- I know a guy who has been out of HS 20 years, been happily married for like 15 years, and his HS girlfriend is still, like, obsessed with him. Maybe that person is still holding onto whatever, and when Sherri moved back to the area, they stalked and then attacked her.

ROFL. There's my trouble!

Seriously, I just wanted to go home. I had to check in with my surgeons daily and have regular follow-ups, but as long as I was being monitored, there was no reason to stay....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have not had any organs removed, but I well understand the feeling of just wanting to go home and not stay in hospital.

I have to say you're doing very well without your brain [emoji5]

And if the fbi was involved or now involved

Then I am sure they would know how and who the ransom was paid too.

But we still have the local sherrif's fishing?

I can't answer that question here ... there's a precipitous cliff just ahead.

Not everyone comes from a close knit or has functionally intact close family. I've personally known 3 or 4 people who were/are estranged from their parents or at least one parent. It's not all that uncommon. My own (elderly) mother would be fine with just a phone call because she won't fly, doesn't travel, doesn't drive outside of about 5 mi in her retirement village, has always been nervous in a car, especially on a freeway. Plus some people can't handle something like seeing a bruised/battered family member.

People out there have all kinds of issues and situations that others have no clue about.

I am very close to my mother but I imagine if I went through something like Sherri, I want my mother to back off and give me time to heal before I saw her. That's because she is very meddling and would press for every detail right away. She has no patience and needs to know all of her children's business. I love her to death, but she drives my sister and I nuts when it comes to her probing. Some people don't have that instinct on whether to ask questions and whether to shut up and just be there for someone.

Not to mention she's had to go over her story with her husband and been interviewed by police for four out of the 7 days she's been released. I'm sure she's exhausted in each and every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE had nothing to do with the negotiator and Keith & family made it very clear that they just wanted her back, no questions asked. They didn't care if they were felons, etc. So ... LE wouldn't know anything about a transfer of money if it happened. They are, in fact, denying it.

I'm not 100% on board with the ransom being paid. But if it wasn't, why was she let go? And the day after it expired?

Just because the ransom expired dose not mean it did not get reinstated and paid. Tough negotiators often wait till the last minute to take a deal. Sometimes to hold-out, and try and get more money or whatnot.

I'm so sorry to read this.
Thank you, and hugs to you all!
It was a long time ago, we are still putting pieces together... She is on Websleuths, when the time is right , I will share her story...

So the phone was carefully placed.

Is that another human trafficker thing?

And the hose clamps.

And letting her go after 3 weeks. (Which the former FBI agent said increases the risk exponentially.)

I'm really thinking psychopath here. I can think of several ways it might not have been two Latino women. If it was, then it's a psychopath and her friend, I guess.

Been reading the threads for awhile now, wanted to jump in and add my theory.

For reference, I live near the area where she was found, and I am a mother in her 30s who has long blond hair and jogs in rural areas! Needless to say, this story has grabbed my attention.

At first I thought it was a crime of convenience or passion: a local creep, or truck driver passes by, or gets to know her patterns and snatches her up. I don't believe this to be the case, because typically those are the bodies found within a few miles of the disappearance raped and strangled.

I believe it was a ransom case from the get-go. And I don't believe her husband was the target. It is clear from all the dirt that has been dug up that Sherri and her husband weren't particularly wealthy.
<momdsnip>
I also think someone on team 'SP' knows who is behind all of it, but cannot come forward because they purposely kept LE out of the loop, or don't want LE to know about their nefarious dealings. I would bet that the mastermind hired ****s to do the dirty work for a slice of the pie.

As for the branding, I think it was more about inflicting pain than anything else, but also a reminder to her and whomever the real ransom target was that they messed with the wrong people/person.

YES!!! THIS!!! I believe this also. This is drugs or huge debt and Sherri was used as collateral. The family knows more in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15