Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, this case is bringing alot of veteran WSers to the thread. I'm very much enjoying reading the responses!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm surprised, by the way, that more isn't being made here of the fact that the descriptions are highly unlikely. Every feature of the two perps is opposite? C'mon.

I know, right?
One had long hair - one had short hair
One was older - one was younger
One had thick eybrows - one had thin eyebrows

And I am the hundredth person that said the description could be true for thousands throughout California. Could it BE any more vague (tm Chandler Bing from Friends).

I think it would be so helpful and reassuring to the community if we could find out whether Sherri was indeed snatched off of the street (as the iPhone being found by the side of the road would seem to be meant to indicate) - - or whether she was taken from her home.

IF she was taken from the street, she would have recognized the vehicle if it stopped beside her, right? A poster on a previous thread was curious of the circumstances - if someone stopped and asked her for directions and she approached the vehicle - if she was grabbed from behind and never saw them.

So many questions.
But I am also in the camp that there are so many things that don't ring true or feel right about this case.

in my city (U.S. mainland), the news reports it this way:

"he/she/they disappeared from the corner of x and y and we can surmise via surveillance that the victim was headed towards z. BOLO for a black/white/purple male/female possibly armed with a Chihuahua wearing an ugly Christmas sweater".

i'm not kidding. I live near a big city, but not in one. that's the way the news reports things. Redding is a small town but not west poo poo. If you want to find a perp, you release details. If the victim cannot provide, you release something, anything, to prove you're "on the case" and "on top of the situation". I respect LE in that town more than the residents at this point, at least they're trying. But if you cannot provide one minor detail, don't bother. You can't expect citizens to go on "we are aware" "it appears" "we cannot reveal at this time"...and if you're that town's local LE with no clue, well, i'd go with the townsfolk to help. But in this case, "it appears" they don't want help. speaks volumes...IMO...

JMO...
Yes, exactly. The fact that it hasn't been handled this way is very telling imo

❤

Curious, I'd love to see a show of hands of all those who had to actually DO LIFE today and seriously do not have the time or the sanity left, to actually read every single post in the last thread and the new thread, before you just skipped to "last page".

I know I'm not the only one. Right? :thinking:

I feigned patience while trying to encourage our dog, who is afraid to pee in the dark, to pee before sunrise; ushered our little urchins off to school; painted a bathroom; emailed a client; went to the dog park; ignored the laundry; and read every page.[emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Int. Quinn137, and every other sexual assault and rape survivor who has had the courage to post about your experiences here... THANK YOU.

THANK YOU so very much for sharing... I truly believe it is an enormous part of the healing process. I too am a rape survivor, and although I don't want to go into detail right now, I wanted to respond specifically to Quinn's post about the hesitancy to report it.

Even though it was many years ago, the memory of what happened to me will never go away. Time has helped heal, but an experience like this does change a person forever. It just does.

I never reported my rape... I was terrified of so many things, and of the man who attacked me. He knew where I lived... when I was able to finally escape his apartment, my purse and ID were left behind. I am SO lucky to be alive, but all these years later, I deeply regret not reporting it. I was so afraid that because it was a case of date rape, that everything would be turned around and made to appear as if it was my fault. Sadly, this happens a lot, and my rape occurred before all the advances in DNA and forensics were as widely available and reliable as they are today.

All these years later, still very few people know about what really happened to me. I lied to my entire family that it was a skiing accident, and only a couple of close friends knew the truth. It is still very difficult even writing this down, but I did so because of the HUGE thank you and much love that I wanted to share with those here who had and have the continued courage to survive, and to do so with dignity, strength, and grace.

I LOVE you all... that's all for now. xo <3

I wish to echo my thanks. The above quote says it beautifully. You are brave, strong women!

Personally, I would be absolutely MORTIFIED if my husband went on national TV to discuss MY trauma. But my husband would never do anything like that before consulting me and the answer would be NO> JMO

If people al over the nation ,and the world even, were accusing my husband and I of creating a hoax, faking my abduction for money etc,faking my injuries, branding myself etc, then I would be thankful if he went to the public to defend our good names. Maybe it would be awkward and messy but I would appreciate him trying to stand up for me.

This kind of further convinces me that KP is possibly being caught between two different sources of advice. And he may trust the other more than LE due to being seen even slightly as a suspect in the beginning.

I don't even know if he was ever seen as a suspect. According to police, he immediately gave them access to their home, phones and computers without a warrant. He never lawyered up. Took a polygraph without question. He was cooperative with the investigation up until the day she was found. IMO he started losing faith in LE towards the ending, right before she was released.

There were several AND I mean SEVERAL people reporting on the Find Sherri Page that LE never followed up when they called and left messages. Several people wanting to talk to someone because they thought they had leads about Sherri's disappearance, but complained that nobody would answer, or return their calls. I'm not saying their leads were important...but if your spouse was missing and you read all these complaints people were giving about being ignored when they had tips about your missing wife, what would you do in his situation? They went against the advice of LE and he ended up getting his wife back alive. He probably doesn't know who to trust at this time. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, right?
One had long hair - one had short hair
One was older - one was younger
One had thick eybrows - one had thin eyebrows

And I am the hundredth person that said the description could be true for thousands throughout California. Could it BE any more vague (tm Chandler Bing from Friends).

I think it would be so helpful and reassuring to the community if we could find out whether Sherri was indeed snatched off of the street (as the iPhone being found by the side of the road would seem to be meant to indicate) - - or whether she was taken from her home.

IF she was taken from the street, she would have recognized the vehicle if it stopped beside her, right? A poster on a previous thread was curious of the circumstances - if someone stopped and asked her for directions and she approached the vehicle - if she was grabbed from behind and never saw them.

So many questions.
But I am also in the camp that there are so many things that don't ring true or feel right about this case.

i really can't get past the fact that specifics of how and at what time the abduction occurred are still totally unknown. There's a default to "well obvi they grabbed her when she was jogging" Ok so how? Pulled up and jumped out and just manhandled (womanhandled) her into the vehicle? That's important to know. I'll be watching to see if Keith Papini talks about that on 20/20

whoa...hold on. counterintuitive can you give a link for your post on page 41? wow. I have a theory on that if it's true.

damn this archaic laptop. for newbies, I can't quote nor "thank".

I am now reduced to hoping that KP says something SO shocking on 20/20 tomorrow that LE has no choice but to immediately respond with reliable and factual information.

I read that he is a PI hired by Kenneth Papini. Don't know if he is still on the case. JMO

He was never hired, he volunteered his services to the family along with many other people, like Cameron Gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper