Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions for everyone.

1. Has anyone found any online or media communication by KP prior to the abduction? I'm asking this to compare the style of writing/speaking to his recent interviews. For example, my husband loves me very much but if he released the same press release if (heaven forbid) something ever happened to me, those who know us would say that is not the husband I know. We are not one of those couples that gushes all over Facebook about each other or goes on and on how wonderful eathother is. I do say this while acknowledging we have not been through any tragic incident together so this is purely hypothetical and IMO.
2. Have we received confirmation that SP has seen her parents ?
All IMO.

in my city (U.S. mainland), the news reports it this way:

"he/she/they disappeared from the corner of x and y and we can surmise via surveillance that the victim was headed towards z. BOLO for a black/white/purple male/female possibly armed with a Chihuahua wearing an ugly Christmas sweater".

i'm not kidding. I live near a big city, but not in one. that's the way the news reports things. Redding is a small town but not west poo poo. If you want to find a perp, you release details. If the victim cannot provide, you release something, anything, to prove you're "on the case" and "on top of the situation". I respect LE in that town more than the residents at this point, at least they're trying. But if you cannot provide one minor detail, don't bother. You can't expect citizens to go on "we are aware" "it appears" "we cannot reveal at this time"...and if you're that town's local LE with no clue, well, i'd go with the townsfolk to help. But in this case, "it appears" they don't want help. speaks volumes...IMO...

JMO...

I agree. At least not from the public. Part of me believes they are purposely being so vague because of this reason. There could be a landslide of information that LE isn't disclosing to us. I wonder...is the FBI still involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ninij9,

I think some people are more sensitive to certain words...I avoid using the word "moist" at all costs (I have no idea why -- it just gives me the creeps).

In this instance, I do believe KP is just stating his direct feelings..."nausea" that his beloved wife has endured these heinous acts. -- IMO

I have read ALMOST every single post on every single thread...and what keeps popping out to me is how much emphasis is being placed on particular words. I don't feel many of the conflicting words really will have much forbearance to the pertinent case details.
Hello into the mystic,

My ick word is "panties". I totally get what you mean. I'm not accusing him of wrong doing, I am trying to say that whomever did this may have have done it to send a message to KP. His verbiage suggests things to me. His calling her "Our Girl" also made me feel a certain type of way. I think HE was the ultimate target and the branding, hair cutting and torture could have been for him.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm new :)
My friends and I have been following this story and we're all over the place with it. I'm just curious about the Pinterest. How do we know she changed her name? She has tons of stuff pinned that's for sure but, what am I missing on her pins? I don't really understand Pinterest but she looks like she has tons of time to Pin lol. I haven't been reading but trying to follow did you all see her Poshmark store?

BBM (and welcome!)

Because when you bookmark the Pinterest account that's under the new name, the old pinterest address (with her intial & surname) still appears. (And if you've seen the account under the earlier name, the pins are familiar.)

As a local, I can tell you that you're wrong, that the Rod Rodriguez whose company went bankrupt in 2014 is not SP's FIL. Additionally the FIL has never met Cameron Gamble, and didn't friend him on FB until after CG got involved in the case.

Regardless, all of this is probably against the TOS.

what is TOS? I'm a newbie

thanks for clearing that up!

I avoid Jasper, and Vidor. There's a vibe there that I really don't want sticking to me. :(

But my point still holds. Why is it that we're not wiling to accept that the motive wasn't simply hate and anger before the election?

who exactly "wont accept" that it could have been that? i havent seen anyone saying it could not have been that.

im certainly not saying it, im just saying there is no evidence to support that theory yet.

the situation in jasper was different as someone already explained. but even so, i dont think the police should have had a "default motive" in that case either, they should investigate and then make determinations from the evidence.

Quoting flightfulbird's post above:

In the video clip below CG was filmed saying he thought they "made History" (associating SP's release with his part in the case, the ransom arrangement, etc.), and said he hoped this "could be a model for future cases."

I find his comments troubling.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/cameron-gamble-speaks-about-sherri-papinis-return/192865005http://www.krcrtv.com/news/cameron-gamble-speaks-about-sherri-papinis-return/192865005

I do as well. Along with the entirety of Project Taken's website.

Missionary kidnappings are not common. Fear tactics and extensive "training" for hostile attacks among highly religious groups, however, is something often seen.

I've been lurking mostly reading all the posts. It's crazy at work and I am several pages behind, so I apologize I'm so late to the game on the hospitalization/injury issue, but I wanted to add a few things from a Trauma level, orthopedic level, and surgery level...as an RN.

- Weight loss and dehydration - the weight wasn't lost overnight and would not be gained back in a few days of hospitalization. Being home (or somewhere safe), resting, being offered food she likes will help her regain the weight. Labs would reveal hydration status (via electrolyte panels and renal panels) and fluids can be bolused in the ED. A dangerous electrolyte imbalance would most likely cause an overnight stay for observation as electrolytes are replaced. Mild imbalances can be replaced in the ED.
- Battery - as long as testing (Sono, CT, MRI, etc) reveal no internal injuries and no RISKS of internal or extremity injuries (think, for examples: fractured rib risking puncturing of lung; bone fracture risking blood vessels; swelling risking nerve damage or blood supply, etc) you will be discharged home. It takes time for tissue to heal, fluid from swelling to reabsorb, and old blood from bruising to reabsorb, and a person won't look too much better just from a short hospital stay. Home, elevation, ice, and NSAIDs will help those injuries.
- Broken noses, jaws, or other common fractures - often these are too swollen to do surgery right away. Sometimes surgery is delayed a week to 10 days to allow swelling to disperse. If the swelling or injury risks the airway, you will be hospitalized.
-A Branding - this is so unfortunate; however, it's done, so going from there...scabs are not good in burns because they will leave a worse scar. We like a nice smooth ointment like silvadene (worse cases - daily debridement on newer burns) protecting the new pink granulation tissue that is regenerating and showing healing. **But keep this in mind, in scarification (body modification- branding) they LIKE the scarring and will do things to keep the burns irritated, such as peeling scabs, even putting citric acid, vinegar, salt, etc, in the burns to promote worse scarring...for months. The fact the brand in this case was said (by hubby) to have palpable scabbing, luck is on her side, because measures could have been taken, if the perpetrators desired, to keep that burn wound irritated, festering, and non-scabbing (not in a good way) causing a MUCH worse scar. I'm not by any means trying to play down or reduce the horror of being branded and the pain inflicted, I'm just saying things could have been done to make it a whole lot worse as far as recovery, removal, etc.

And remember this, please. Rape, sexual assault, whatever it is called in your state, can be committed against you by your same gender. And it includes foreign objects, which can do much more external and internal damage than a natural body part. I've read in posts here about no mention of a male so rape can be excluded, but we cannot make that assumption. The humiliation and terror of being forced to act or have an act forced on you, sexually, no matter the gender, is about power and control. I've seen some things I cannot unsee. Sensitivity is upmost regarding this subject. We cannot assume anything. Several of you here have shared your stories of assault and I commend you for sharing. Thank you so much for allowing us to learn from your stories and trusting us to treat you with compassion. I, too, have my own story, which led me into nursing, but I haven't the courage to share as yet.

Sorry so long, and thanks for giving me a voice here!

THANK YOU so much for your compassionate and detailed post!!! This is some great information, especially coming from your professional experience. I'm just very sorry that you too have a story.

I'd like to also join Philigumbo in commending our members that have shared their personal experiences. It must be difficult to do, especially when attempting to dispel myths and misinformation. Thank you for enlightening us so we may better understand. I am humbled by your grace and have learned from each of you. :heartbeat:

This may have been one of the reasons LE brought the FBI in on this case. Supposedly they found "no related evidence" on KP and SP's phones, or computers. It's got to be extremely hard to hide evidence that way if you've committed a crime such as fraud on something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh gotcha!! Thanks. I just noticed the hubby had one. I've never known a man to have Pinterest is that normal? LOL
[FONT=&quot]he is following about secret rooms and secret passageways, etc. Is this normal?[/FONT]

BBM (and welcome!)

Because when you bookmark the Pinterest account that's under the new name, the old pinterest address (with her intial & surname) still appears. (And if you've seen the account under the earlier name, the pins are familiar.)

:clap:

now that, folks, is how to post on a thread. welcome newbies. "TOS" means "terms of service". read the rules, don't stir the pot, post respectfully and never, ever, accuse the victim...unless/until he/she is eventually indicted on criminal charges...

again, welcome!

I'm not saying it wasn't a kidnapping. I'm saying the info released makes no sense. Women do not kidnap other women, hold them for 3 weeks (!!!), demand no ransom, torture their victim, then eventually let them go.

And it's possible people do some very weird things for publicity, money, to hide crimes, over up affairs, whatever. I'm not saying that is happening here. But it's possible.

And let the person go without bothering to collect the ransom.

Quoting flightfulbird's post above:

In the video clip below CG was filmed saying he thought they "made History" (associating SP's release with his part in the case, the ransom arrangement, etc.), and said he hoped this "could be a model for future cases."

I find his comments (and insertion into this case) troubling.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/cameron-gamble-speaks-about-sherri-papinis-return/192865005

A brilliant idea! Now we just need a plethora of anonymous donors to pony up 50k for every missing person (and how did he know SP was kidnapped, anyway? Sadly, I think most people automatically assumed she was murdered, probably after a sexual assault.)

Oh gotcha!! Thanks. I just noticed the hubby had one. I've never known a man to have Pinterest is that normal? LOL
[FONT=&quot]he is following about secret rooms and secret passageways, etc. Is this normal?[/FONT]

My husband has one. It has two pins lol. He says he mostly uses it to follow mine in hopes of getting me decent presents every once in a while.

I do as well. Along with the entirety of Project Taken's website.

Missionary kidnappings are not common. Fear tactics and extensive "training" for hostile attacks among highly religious groups, however, is something often seen.

Yes. Cultish behavior. JMO

Oh yes, I had to go and look carefully on my phone

Police say Sherri and Keith Papini have each passed a polygraph test.Source:No Source

Wth?

I believe they are sourcing the photo, saying the family provided the photo (supplied) or pulled it from Facebook. IMO, the "no" is a typo regarding the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024