Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you saying that you have seen no evidence this is a hate crime or that either spouse was having an affair outside of the marriage. Have you seen evidence that this was trafficking or sexual gratification?

Picking a theory and then making whatever facts we have stick... that's not how investigation works.

Amen!

I agree. Major surgery is done these days (that used to require a lengthy hospital stay) and people are sent home within a few hours.

I'm not trying to downplay her injuries or anything she'd been through at all, but with the info we've been given it sounds like she was ok to leave. I'm sure mental health was involved as well.

If she was in any danger, physical or mental I feel reasonably certain they would have kept her.

But getting past UR...not gonna happen without meeting criteria.
Me personally, I wouldn't want to stay in a cold, sterile environment like a hospital. I'd want to be back with my family where I felt safe, physically and emotionally so I could begin to heal.

Jmhoo

I agree. A girl I went to school with had hair just like hers. It's how I always remember her, people referred to her, and she still has it quite long. She would wear it down and I would say it's kind of was her "signature" look. It is immediately what I thought of when I saw that phrase/quote and I haven't talked to the woman in 10+ years.

My signature look is pajama lady

No fingerprints if they were wearing gloves. My guess is that they were. They've seemed pretty good at not leaving behind much evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same sophisticated abductors who violently abducted someone from a public area? The same sophisticated abductors who use hose clamps and brand someone with a possibly identifiable mark? Who returned her to a public area, that could've easily been witnessed by others?

Not buying it. If these people exist, they've been careless as hell. Doubt strongly that they would've taken the care to put gloves on before neatly placing the iPhone on the ground.

Everyone is different, we know that. People grieve differently and behave in odd ways when they're going through something traumatic, we're all aware of that too. With that said, 10 years ago my ex was shot and killed. It took 5 years to do a news interview and this is the first time I've brought it up on Websleuths because I don't want to recall those memories. KP is putting this incident on blast and that befuddles me. With the tragedy I went through the news was everywhere, it was a big deal, and I avoided them like the plague. I just wanted to grieve privately as did everyone else involved. Very few interviews were given by friends and family. Granted, his murderer had already been caught, but regardless, I wouldn't have been all over the place giving gory details and making LE have to work harder when they're already working hard enough with this case. If you want to talk about it and bring awareness, then do so after the people have been caught and your wife has had time to heal privately. MOO

I'm so sorry for what you and your ur ex's loved ones have gone through. I appreciate your willingness to share. I was violently assaulted, strangled, beaten by a stranger who broke into my apartment while I was sleeping. He was never caught. I am obsessed with true crime, other similar cases bc I compare my own experience to others' and try to understand my attacker, the police, etc. And, I feel less alone in the PTSD when I read/hear of others who have gone through violent trauma. Tragically there are so many out there. So I very much appreciate you sharing.

I have been reading all of the threads regarding SP. New member in order to post. This sad situation is not really that complicated if you put down all of the pieces:

* When the Sheriff was asked if the local community should be on increased alert for their safety, he said NO. He said just normal safety stuff. WHAT??
* KP is calling internet critics "sub human", is going against LE is releasing information that he shouldn't, is going on a MSM frenzy yet is a very "private person", and yet is seemingly quiet about the monsters who attacked his wife. WHAT????
* SP very likely posted that article IMO back when she was 21 or so. I have read it and it is NOT a prank as her ex said IMO. The article was not demeaning to her much and it complemented her and her father. Note however the attention she wants by being a victim of guess who?? If you can, please take the time to read that article!!
* SP or her close associates have been on a social media clean-up. That is a top priority now????
* The family PI got the local "kidnap expert" involved on their own and immediately went into a kidnap for ransom situation with a ransom offered BEFORE and was even asked for. WHAT??
* SP's family is awfully quiet and not panicking all over MSM about the need to immediately capture the perps. They just seem defensive about her story.
* The very vague story of the two Hispanic women is beyond plausible IMO.
* <modsnip>
* SP vanishes and is returned in a very "clean" manner such as in no cam views, cell phone lay out on the ground, etc. Looks very pre-planned.

I feel sorry for the abuse SP suffered, but I will not let that take away from common sense. This IMO is clearly one of two scenarios:
1. SP was in on this all along with KP and possibly that "kidnap expert" who went bankrupt. Yes, she did have physical abuse. This physical abuse was the very tool intended to fool everyone!!! Pain killers and sedatives can be very powerful!!!
2. Someone the family knows has sent a very clear message to them. The family knows and is not going to tell.

IMO it is the first one. It is just SPECULATION on my part based on the information that I have read which is a lot. Just follow the money and the truth will come out IMO.

So, your speculation is that Sherri took painkillers and sedatives and allowed someone (or more than one person) to break her nose, burn her, brand her, beat her, chain her (chain marks left on her body), cut off her hair, and to keep her away from her family, including her 2 young children, for 3 weeks?

The same sophisticated abductors who violently abducted someone from a public area? The same sophisticated abductors who use hose clamps and brand someone with a possibly identifiable mark? Who returned her to a public area, that could've easily been witnessed by others?

Not buying it. If these people exist, they've been careless as hell. Doubt strongly that they would've taken the care to put gloves on before neatly placing the iPhone on the ground.

I guess we'll see how careless they are, if they end up getting caught. Regardless LE said there's not a lot of evidence and so far the suspects are still out there. So yeah, that's who I'm talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all fairness, we don't know that SP wasn't hospitalized. Just because she was treated and released from the local hospital does not mean that she hasn't had to see treatment elsewhere. JMO. The sheriff said her injuries were non-life threatening, but that leaves a host of other things that could require attention. The abuse she endured in the 3 weeks has all the elements of the conditioning period in trafficking, so I don't think we can rule out forced drug use that may have required detoxing. In no way am I implying it was voluntary if it occurred at all. MOO Some have noted that they wouldn't injure her face and one poster discounted that noting the broken nose could have been sustained during her release. As for bruising, KP noted varying colors and that's something that would go away. We don't know to what extent her hair was chopped off, but that also can be useful in breaking victims. I maintain that I'm not 100% convinced she was abducted FOR trafficking, but I do think it is highly possible that she was in the hands of traffickers. JMO

It is beginning to seem like every awful thing one can imagine happened to SP, yet she did not require hospitalization. She must indeed be a very healthy person to withstand so much, including losing over 10% of her body weight, and be treated and released. Good thing it was not someone like me...

I am guessing that KP will be revealing much more tomorrow night, probably as a part of the deal with 20/20. He has to hold back some juice details.

Jmo this had nothing to do with sex trafficking. If she was specifically targeted, it may have more to do with things like her cleaned-up social media or the apparent opinions expressed there before someone took time to whisk them away.

But I really do not understand LE allowing this (KP giving out details) to happen unless they feel this will never be a court case. It is all very baffling. Jmo obviously.

Perhaps they pulled the gun and instructed Sherri put her phone down?
What kind of abductors brand their victim?

Repeat: the media often (really truly often) gets details wrong. This is a common problem with crime cases.

You can't always believe everything that's printed in a media report.

From an Australian news source, no less. I think it's likely a mix up regarding the polygraph test KP took.

Omg I can not keep up.. this thread moves so fast! Any new news since the press conference?

Been following this for awhile and am fascinated. What a strange story. I have to admit that it sets off alarm bells for me..something is off with this somehow. If there has to be this much speculation and questioning about it, that should tell us something..where there is smoke there is fire.

i have a few theories...1. This has something to do with SP past issues with race..or perhaps her fathers issues and someone took it out on her. The message branded on to her could have been some sort of message her kidnappers wanted to make known about how one race isn't better than another or something..or perhaps a message that implied to keep your mouth shut about a race group?

2. I saw a blog post on another site about CGs kidnapping video. What an odd turn of events there. He is a guy that does kidnapping survival training, his programs last 2.5 to 3 weeks (same amount sp was missing) and on Facebook he was a friend of SPs father in law, Rod Rodriguez..who went bankrupt in 2014. Another comment had mentioned CG is associated with Bethel church and asked whether or not Bethel church could have been the anonymous donor. There were comments about how SP is religious and comments on how maybe SP could have been into some weird stuff online without husbands knowledge. SP did seem to have a fondness for survival skills and end of the world scenarios..on her pinterest she had many posts on how to survive various situations, had an end of the world prep board, how to survive nature board, foods to eat in emergencies etc. too coincidental?

im not sure whether to believe her injuries were obtained through beatings or whether they were from being pushed out of the Car(if she really was). 3 different stories circulating about her hair. The husbands dramatic statement that reads more like a novel,page, his odd interviews..weird..

Not bashing LE but ive also read the LE officer has had issues in the past with this sort of thing and that there were people wanting to recall his position? Is this true?

i do feel LE could have done a better job in communicating details. Their vagueness seems to have lead to most of this media scrutiny of the family.

i hope LE is investing all angles of this and taking it seriously because some things just aren't adding up.

Whatever the case may be, I truly am sorry that Sp has injuries and that her family has had to go through this, especially her children. Wishing the, all the best no matter the outcome.

Yes it is I just am so bothered by the coincidence. While I do not know if Sherri Papini's neighborhood had the Stacy Smart flyer posted, I would think "Project Taken" would have known about her disappearance prior to the flyer being posted on 11/2. I am looking for common denominators but probably finding red herrings!

11/2 Sherri Papini is reported missing
11/19 Cameron Gamble ("Inernational Ransom Consultant") posts Facebook video offering 50k reverse ransom offered by an anonymous donor and it is expiring on 11/23 5am. (by this time they have had her for 17 days and had no way of knowing there would be a reward offered)

11/23 Cameron Gamble releases another video stating the deadline has passed, he says the anon donor has left the area but the money and the reverse ransom is now open to all and is $100k
(by this time they have had her for 21 days and have not responded to a 50k reward)

11/24 SP is found on I-5 at 430a
(I wonder what made them let her go after the 1st deadline passed? How could the abductors have known the reward would be increased? If they did not accept 50k, it does not make sense to have let he go for 100k and the sheriff insists there was no money exchanged).

I just do not think the reward is why she was let go.

BBM

Good point - Agree, CG would have probably known about Stacy's disappearance. Not sure how to connect the two yet, but it is a weird coincidence.

I don't think the reward was the reason for her release, either. But we'll see...and hopefully soon.

I think there are a couple of things that we can let go of (in my opinion, always)

1. Speculation about how long she was hospitalized. I questioned this heavily, but there are many logical accounts at this point for why she would have been released and why the length of time she was there would be reasonable based on her condition. I'm not a medical professional but some have weighed in and I'm inclined to trust their judgement.

2. The statements given from the woman that called 911 after seeing SP on the highway. It isn't strange that she kept driving and stopped elsewhere to call. That's normal, safe, logical thinking when seeing someone in distress on the road that early in the morning. Also, her account of SP having blond hair is understandable. Even if the hair was completely shaved, the light color of her skin could easily trick the eye into assuming blond hair while driving by at a high speed. I don't think there's anything suspicious in that statement when compared to KP's about the hair being chopped off. There could have been long pieces leftover, it could have been a trick of the eye, I don't know. Either way, I don't think that's a discrepancy worth arguing (for me, in any case)

3. The pictures released (except for maybe one teeny thing that's bugging me about them... but that has nothing to do with KP)

The more I'm reading about this case, the more I'm convinced that SP is definitely a victim. However, I think what's bothering me about it is that she seems to be the "perfect" victim. The Pinterest hides, the denial related to the 2003 post, the insistence of describing her as "supermom", the pictures, the "adoring couple" narrative about their marriage.

I don't know.

I'm beginning to think SP was targeted specifically and this was planned for quite a while. I don't personally believe that KP was involved either. I think it's been set up to look like a hate crime... which maybe was changed to look like trafficking later on for whatever reason. Her physical injuries line up with trafficking victims... but nothing else about that scenario makes sense. Her description of the abductors line up with hate crime. But nothing further than that holds weight.

I think that it was a crime meant to gain national attention. And I think KP has possibly become an unfortunate pawn in that scenario.

This is all theory and speculation. I could be completely wrong. I just know that nothing here adds up the way it's supposed to and there's a reason for that. For several reasons, I don't think SP especially was involved in any way. But I do hope that people close to the victims, especially CG and groups/individuals connected to him are investigated thoroughly. I see a lot more reason to believe that this was made to LOOK like a hate crime than that it actually was one.

In all fairness, we don't know that SP wasn't hospitalized. Just because she was treated and released from the local hospital does not mean that she hasn't had to see treatment elsewhere. JMO. The sheriff said her injuries were non-life threatening, but that leaves a host of other things that could require attention. The abuse she endured in the 3 weeks has all the elements of the conditioning period in trafficking, so I don't think we can rule out forced drug use that may have required detoxing. In no way am I implying it was voluntary if it occurred at all. MOO Some have noted that they wouldn't injure her face and one poster discounted that noting the broken nose could have been sustained during her release. As for bruising, KP noted varying colors and that's something that would go away. We don't know to what extent her hair was chopped off, but that also can be useful in breaking victims. I maintain that I'm not 100% convinced she was abducted FOR trafficking, but I do think it is highly possible that she was in the hands of traffickers. JMO

I agree with you and I think the perps let her go due to all of the media exposure. She became too much of a risk to be useful for the sex trafficking trade. MOO

From an Australian news source, no less. I think it's likely a mix up regarding the polygraph test KP took.

Wonder if the DM will run with it though....but their crime coverage HAS improved over the last few years, have to admit. They often "get the story" jmo.

I think the location of the branding could be very informative as well as the message itself.

Mhoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member