Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious, I'd love to see a show of hands of all those who had to actually DO LIFE today and seriously do not have the time or the sanity left, to actually read every single post in the last thread and the new thread, before you just skipped to "last page".

I know I'm not the only one. Right? :thinking:

I did housework and put Christmas decorations up, and took a bath. I still read every page. Sanity? I don't know what that is ;)

Has anyone posted this article yet? Finding more information regarding KP's 20/20 interview.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/0275742dfed92617d36ca1e3205ef77f

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great article, thanks for posting.

I'm thinking this is sex trafficking now. Despite the fact that the only two suspects are women, I think there were many men involved, but this is something LE is keeping close to the vest right now. I think they're investigating the origin of the message that was branded into her, and opening doors they never thought they would ever have to open.

It's under one of the photos

Police say Sherri and Keith Papini have each passed a polygraph test.

I'm so glad they're making that public. :)

I had to read the linked article twice to see that bit about the LDTs.

It isn't in the main article text, but I see it now in small font underneath a photo of the Papinis.

The 'source' for that information is listed as 'no source'. Weird.

I cannot tell... but the 'source' may refer to the photos. Source on the other pics says 'supplied'

It isn't in the main article text, but I see it now in small font underneath a photo of the Papinis.

It's the ONLY publication that has reported that Sherri Papini passed a polygraph.

Considering the NewsCorp-owned paper is based in Australia and no US media outlet has published this information.

For goodness sakes, news.au placed what would be a major revelation in a photo caption and the claim is not mentioned anywhere in the body of the article.

I believe that this is clearly an error. Source:No Source

If the cellphone was planted by the perpetrator, as has been suggested, there'd be DNA and fingerprints on it that don't match Sherri or anyone else who'd have contact with her phone. But I'm venturing a guess they'll find no such evidence.

No fingerprints if they were wearing gloves. My guess is that they were. They've seemed pretty good at not leaving behind much evidence.

Finally! I've been waiting for them to release sketches of the suspects! 

Those aren't sketches. Just a graphic for a news article.

I'm surprised, by the way, that more isn't being made here of the fact that the descriptions are highly unlikely. Every feature of the two perps is opposite? C'mon.

Have to wonder if the description of the perps isn't going to change.

This story would make so much more sense if the perp was a lone male.

Oh yes, I had to go and look carefully on my phone

Police say Sherri and Keith Papini have each passed a polygraph test.Source:No Source

Wth?

Has anyone posted this article yet? Finding more information regarding KP's 20/20 interview.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/0275742dfed92617d36ca1e3205ef77f

The more I read, the more confused I become.

A polygraph test for SP? That seems like an adversarial way to treat a victim.

The article also says the phone was found alongside "Mountain Gate Trail" which is an actual trail, yes? So she was snatched away from a road?

LozDa- (for some reason I couldn't link your previous post that I'm referring to)

Regarding your earlier post sharing your personal experience, as a fellow survivor of sexual assault I just want to say I think that was a very brave thing for you to do~to share your experience in hopes of enlightening/helping others 

Thank you.

Adding my thanks as well!

:tyou:

I cannot tell... but the 'source' may refer to the photos. Source on the other pics says 'supplied'

Yeah. Why would they print something quite significant in a tiny detail below a photo that can be easily missed. I mean, that's quite a bombshell isn't it? thats not common to polygraph a victim?

I've been lurking mostly reading all the posts. It's crazy at work and I am several pages behind, so I apologize I'm so late to the game on the hospitalization/injury issue, but I wanted to add a few things from a Trauma level, orthopedic level, and surgery level...as an RN.

- Weight loss and dehydration - the weight wasn't lost overnight and would not be gained back in a few days of hospitalization. Being home (or somewhere safe), resting, being offered food she likes will help her regain the weight. Labs would reveal hydration status (via electrolyte panels and renal panels) and fluids can be bolused in the ED. A dangerous electrolyte imbalance would most likely cause an overnight stay for observation as electrolytes are replaced. Mild imbalances can be replaced in the ED.
- Battery - as long as testing (Sono, CT, MRI, etc) reveal no internal injuries and no RISKS of internal or extremity injuries (think, for examples: fractured rib risking puncturing of lung; bone fracture risking blood vessels; swelling risking nerve damage or blood supply, etc) you will be discharged home. It takes time for tissue to heal, fluid from swelling to reabsorb, and old blood from bruising to reabsorb, and a person won't look too much better just from a short hospital stay. Home, elevation, ice, and NSAIDs will help those injuries.
- Broken noses, jaws, or other common fractures - often these are too swollen to do surgery right away. Sometimes surgery is delayed a week to 10 days to allow swelling to disperse. If the swelling or injury risks the airway, you will be hospitalized.
-A Branding - this is so unfortunate; however, it's done, so going from there...scabs are not good in burns because they will leave a worse scar. We like a nice smooth ointment like silvadene (worse cases - daily debridement on newer burns) protecting the new pink granulation tissue that is regenerating and showing healing. **But keep this in mind, in scarification (body modification- branding) they LIKE the scarring and will do things to keep the burns irritated, such as peeling scabs, even putting citric acid, vinegar, salt, etc, in the burns to promote worse scarring...for months. The fact the brand in this case was said (by hubby) to have palpable scabbing, luck is on her side, because measures could have been taken, if the perpetrators desired, to keep that burn wound irritated, festering, and non-scabbing (not in a good way) causing a MUCH worse scar. I'm not by any means trying to play down or reduce the horror of being branded and the pain inflicted, I'm just saying things could have been done to make it a whole lot worse as far as recovery, removal, etc.

And remember this, please. Rape, sexual assault, whatever it is called in your state, can be committed against you by your same gender. And it includes foreign objects, which can do much more external and internal damage than a natural body part. I've read in posts here about no mention of a male so rape can be excluded, but we cannot make that assumption. The humiliation and terror of being forced to act or have an act forced on you, sexually, no matter the gender, is about power and control. I've seen some things I cannot unsee. Sensitivity is upmost regarding this subject. We cannot assume anything. Several of you here have shared your stories of assault and I commend you for sharing. Thank you so much for allowing us to learn from your stories and trusting us to treat you with compassion. I, too, have my own story, which led me into nursing, but I haven't the courage to share as yet.

Sorry so long, and thanks for giving me a voice here!

Thank you for this! :)

The more I read, the more confused I become.

A polygraph test for SP? That seems like an adversarial way to treat a victim.

The article also says the phone was found alongside "Mountain Gate Trail" which is an actual trail, yes? So she was snatched away from a road?

I agree about the polygraph for SP. The more I research this case the more of a victim she becomes in my eyes. If they really did give her a polygraph, no wonder KP and LE don't seem to be cooperating. That is VERY concerning. I'm hoping that's just a case of bad reporting and there's no truth to it.

Repeat: the media often (really truly often) gets details wrong. This is a common problem with crime cases.

You can't always believe everything that's printed in a media report.

Yeah. Why would they print something quite significant in a tiny detail below a photo that can be easily missed. I mean, that's quite a bombshell isn't it? thats not common to polygraph a victim?

The first photo has the following underneath :

One of many adoring photos of the couple from social media.Source:Supplied

As I said, I have much respect for the Sheriff, unsure what you are saying really.. I hope every LE officer elected or not is invested in doing great police work. The question for me is more about consistency rather than carefulness. It seems to me he has said inconsistent things.

Here’s the whole convo in context; easy to forget the train of thought as the thread flies by. It started with your post #65 quoting and responding to the first post I made in this thread (so yeah, a long time to keep track). *If you want, you can just keep hitting the tiny triangles after the bolded usernames in each quote to backtrack the convo.

Basically, I was saying I appreciated the delicate balancing job the sheriff is doing; you raised the hope that FBI were also involved as you thought he might be ‘too close’ to the case. I took that to mean you wondered if he might have an objectivity challenge, and replied (in essence) that I felt his being elected for over 30 years probably was a good sign that he could be objective as well as diplomatic. To which I think (?) you agree...
m_D3V2Uv_ARiVqtwZI758FrSjW6mzSd5_6CBhAe1AZdKhnUH2lgInaCzikAYG2Cj9HMMpFW0msuhdy83JrihlrQlbLLuPIeHAJuHL6vv4_ePKGW-MEkB7TbZYmMf7Y30nUTag4F7

counterintuitive said:
PoirotryInMotion said:
Bringing over from last thread...
Have to agree with cady on this. Not sure where the PI is getting his hunches from. Besides the fact that he has access to the family which could confirm one way or another via Sherri, there is this:
And
If LE has acknowledged her branding, but is also saying there is no evidence yet of human trafficking, it would seem logical to assume the branding has nothing to do with sex trafficking...wouldn't it? No known symbol (indeed, not a symbol at all), and the "message" is not, apparently, one tied to sex trafficking.
So WHY is the PI publicly theorizing about what could be personally stigmatizing info about the victim -- that her own family is not affirming and which LE is not supporting? Is there a reason why people are still theorizing about this?

Hello-
I took note that Sheriff Bosenko validated two questions during the press conference yesterday afternoon. When asked the question about a cartel or ST he responded that is a good question but I can't give specifics or something close to that. He also validated the question about where she was taken but also added he could not give specifics.
From what I heard, he did not say he did not support her story, I am not sure what he believes really.

PoirotryInMotion:
Hi counterintuitive! I have been reading and listening carefully to everything the sheriff has been saying in this case, and am not surprised that you (and most of us) are "not sure what he believes really." I think the sheriff is doing a great job of staying astride this bucking bronco.

counterintuitive:
I respect our Sheriff but I do think he is maybe too close to the subject and I hope the FBI is very involved.

PoirotryInMotion:
Maybe...I don't know the details of his 30-yr record in Shasta County, but do realize he's an elected official. If he has any questionable tendencies, I would hope he'd have been voted out earlier on (though also appreciate the fact that that doesn't always play out). Being an elected public official who is also invested in doing good police work may well account for his careful statements right now, with so much local, strong opinion about the case.

counterintuitive:
As I said, I have much respect for the Sheriff, unsure what you are saying really.
I hope every LE officer elected or not is invested in doing great police work. The question for me is more about consistency rather than carefulness. It seems to me he has said inconsistent things.

---

(ETA: anybody else finding the quote feature a bit messed up tonight?)

I did housework and put Christmas decorations up, and took a bath. I still read every page. Sanity? I don't know what that is ;)

Same here. I've read it all. Probably why the irritation comes out at night. My brain can't handle it.

Repeat: the media often (really truly often) gets details wrong. This is a common problem with crime cases.

You can't always believe everything that's printed in a media report.

Your bold, but I totally agree that has happened time and time again with this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itzAMANDAyo