Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've read is that after the abduction a mutual friend introduced members of the Papini family to the anonymous donor and he (the donor) brought in CG, who was not an acquaintance of the Papinis prior to the abduction.

Personally, I haven't seen anything inappropriate in the way CG handled things, in the videos and statements he released he seems like a good man trying to do what he could to help the family and get Sherri back. Perhaps he wasn't the ideal pick, but the saying "any old port in a storm" comes to mind. I've also been unable to find any connection between SP or KP and the Bethel Church other than they may have some friends that are members of the congregation.

sure, it could be. but there is no evidence to suggest that it is.

I don't remember all the details in the Jasper case, but what evidence did they need there? All you needed to know, honestly, that a black man was found with a chain around his neck appearing to have been dragged to death. That's all you need to form a pretty clear hypothesis of the motive.

Here, we've got a pretty young blonde who was apparently kidnapped by two hispanic women and tortured for 3 weeks and then kicked out of a truck on the side of the highway in California, by two hispanic women.

Why don't we immediately entertain the thought that it was an impersonal attack, fueled by the HIGHLY politically charged atmosphere in southern California when this occurred? I really think this should be the default motive.

A quick conversation with Sherri could clear this up - and surely LE has done that. Did you see anyone else during your captivity? Did anyone attempt (or succeed) in sexually exploiting you? Did they state any reasons at all for taking you, or make any demands at all on you?

Why, when it's so clear the motive was interracial hatred in Jasper, isn't it really even being entertained in California? Is it because we don't believe that women don't just hate and hurt people for the pleasure of it, and we're more willing to accept that men do?

Agreed!! One photo shared was taken just 2 days before her abduction. The criticism of her photos makes no sense at all to me.

I'll reply since I did bring this up.

But the criticism I mentioned personally was a friend (and several commenters) from Redding that posted some of the initial local news reports on facebook. They all criticized the MEDIA for choosing old photos because they were afraid that since SP looks so much younger than she is, people would be looking for a girl in her early twenties rather than a woman.

I found it odd as well that more of the professional ones were released early on, but after reading some perspectives of others posting here, that actually makes sense to me now. I agree she doesn't look that different. The concern from my friend was the difference between girl and woman. People on her facebook that didn't read the whole description were asssuming she was VERY young

Agreed!! One photo shared was taken just 2 days before her abduction. The criticism of her photos makes no sense at all to me.

My guess is that some of the criticizers (not necessarily of the photos, but just in general) are involved in her disappearance and are doing everything they can to make people look at anyone but them.

5 with a side of 3
and
A, is the closet for motivating factors although I would defer to an H: None of the Above, against TOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adamant agree!!! I believe a poster many threads ago posted the exact scenario, circumstances and motive under and by which this event transpired, but, as it was deemed against TOS, I can't give her the credit due.

I don't remember all the details in the Jasper case, but what evidence did they need there? All you needed to know, honestly, that a black man was found with a chain around his neck appearing to have been dragged to death. That's all you need to form a pretty clear hypothesis of the motive.

Here, we've got a pretty young blonde who was apparently kidnapped by two hispanic women and tortured for 3 weeks and then kicked out of a truck on the side of the highway.

Why don't we immediately entertain the thought that it was an impersonal attack, fueled by the HIGHLY politically charged atmosphere in southern California when this occurred? I really think this should be the default motive.

A quick conversation with Sherri could clear this up - and surely LE has done that. Did you see anyone else during your captivity? Did anyone attempt (or succeed) in sexually exploiting you? Did they state any reasons at all for taking you, or make any demands at all on you?

Why, when it's so clear what happened in Jasper isn't it really even being entertained in California?

I have family in Jasper. Hate crimes against blacks happen there on a very regular basis and the racist community there is highly vocal. That case just happened to gain more media attention than the others. However, it's been a constant problem there for a very long time.

Not to mention, that's a very "traditional" way to execute that sort of crime in the south.

It was easy to see motive because sadly, it just happens a lot.

*Edit- I'm not saying SPs abduction couldn't have been racially motivated or that it shouldn't be considered. Just explaining why it was more obvious in my neck of the woods.

Because impersonal, racially charged attacks don't typically involve keeping someone around for 3 weeks...

I have family in Jasper. Hate crimes against blacks happen there on a very regular basis and the racist community there is highly vocal. That case just happened to gain more media attention than the others. However, it's been a constant problem there for a very long time.

Not to mention, that's a very "traditional" way to execute that sort of crime in the south.

It was easy to see motive because sadly, it just happens a lot.

*Edit- I'm not saying SPs abduction couldn't have been racially motivated or that it shouldn't be considered. Just explaining why it was more obvious in my neck of the woods.

I avoid Jasper, and Vidor. There's a vibe there that I really don't want sticking to me. :(

But my point still holds. Why is it that we're not wiling to accept that the motive wasn't simply hate and anger before the election?

Because impersonal, racially charged attacks don't typically involve keeping someone around for 3 weeks...

Ok. I still think that LE should strongly consider that, if other obvious motives seem not to "fit".

Redding is in Northern California, and Mountain Gate (the suburb of Redding that SP actually lives in and went missing from) is actually about 10 miles north of Redding. Mountain Gate is only about 100 miles from the Oregon border.

Maybe...I don't know the details of his 30-yr record in Shasta County, but do realize he's an elected official. If he has any questionable tendencies, I would hope he'd have been voted out earlier on (though also appreciate the fact that that doesn't always play out). Being an elected public official who is also invested in doing good police work may well account for his careful statements right now, with so much local, strong opinion about the case.

As I said, I have much respect for the Sheriff, unsure what you are saying really.
I hope every LE officer elected or not is invested in doing great police work. The question for me is more about consistency rather than carefulness. It seems to me he has said inconsistent things.

And personal/revenge attacks keep a victim 3 weeks? Then release them?

Redding is in Northern California, and Mountain Gate (the suburb of Redding that SP actually lives in and went missing from) is actually about 10 miles north of Redding. Mountain Gate is only about 100 miles from the Oregon border.

Sorry, yes. You're right.

I have been reading all of the threads regarding SP. New member in order to post. This sad situation is not really that complicated if you put down all of the pieces:

* When the Sheriff was asked if the local community should be on increased alert for their safety, he said NO. He said just normal safety stuff. WHAT??
* KP is calling internet critics "sub human", is going against LE is releasing information that he shouldn't, is going on a MSM frenzy yet is a very "private person", and yet is seemingly quiet about the monsters who attacked his wife. WHAT????
* SP very likely posted that article IMO back when she was 21 or so. I have read it and it is NOT a prank as her ex said IMO. The article was not demeaning to her much and it complemented her and her father. Note however the attention she wants by being a victim of guess who?? If you can, please take the time to read that article!!
* SP or her close associates have been on a social media clean-up. That is a top priority now????
* The family PI got the local "kidnap expert" involved on their own and immediately went into a kidnap for ransom situation with a ransom offered BEFORE and was even asked for. WHAT??
* SP's family is awfully quiet and not panicking all over MSM about the need to immediately capture the perps. They just seem defensive about her story.
* The very vague story of the two Hispanic women is beyond plausible IMO.
* <modsnip>
* SP vanishes and is returned in a very "clean" manner such as in no cam views, cell phone lay out on the ground, etc. Looks very pre-planned.

I feel sorry for the abuse SP suffered, but I will not let that take away from common sense. This IMO is clearly one of two scenarios:
1. SP was in on this all along with KP and possibly that "kidnap expert" who went bankrupt. Yes, she did have physical abuse. This physical abuse was the very tool intended to fool everyone!!! Pain killers and sedatives can be very powerful!!!
2. Someone the family knows has sent a very clear message to them. The family knows and is not going to tell.

IMO it is the first one. It is just SPECULATION on my part based on the information that I have read which is a lot. Just follow the money and the truth will come out IMO.
Great Post!!!

So. Many years ago a black man was yanked off the street by a group of young rednecks in Jasper Texas, and dragged to his death behind a pick up truck.

No one wondered for weeks what the motive could be.

Couldn't this case be the exact same motive? Basically, hate and evil and impersonal revenge?

I'm thinking along the same lines. A woman jogging, abducted, and tortured by 2 sick/sadistic individuals who did not know her. A previous poster mentioned possibly a mother/daughter scenario, which I had thought also. For two individuals to both be involved in such twisted behavior they would need to have some deep rooted, dysfunctional trust. These two must have family/friends/acquaintances who somewhat fear them, or suspect something isn't quite right with them. I'm thinking the same as many of you, that she was released because of the public awareness and the reward offered. They must have believed there was a good chance they would be caught, which I think they will eventually. I'm leaning towards a hate crime, if not the initial reason for the abduction, at the least I believe it turned out to be so. Perhaps they did abduct her for trafficking, but after all the publicity that didn't pan out.

BBM
Hair - For some reason, that statement about it being her "signature", struck me as odd.

Recognizing her abductors - If she knows them then she'd most likely have recognized them even if they were outfitted completely in black and w/black stockings on their heads. I saw a video of a break in, the person in the video was in black, from head to toe, there was no audio, and I knew exactly who it was, just from the build and the walk and mannerisms. The person was well known to me, though, not just a passing acquaintance.

Random - I don't think that this was random either. I just don't see someone driving down that road, seeing someone at the junction of OOT and Sunrise, and saying to themselves, Hey there's a jogger, let's kidnap her! It's just a really strange area to drive around to kidnap someone imo.

BBM.
If it were someone she knew, I don't think it was someone she knew well. More of a "they knew her" type of thing. Preschool worker, coworker of KP, bank teller, grocery clerk, etc. Not necessarily someone she would even recognize. I don't believe either K or S knew about this beforehand. Say it was a jealous ex girlfriend of KP-- it may be someone who he hasn't spoken to in years, but who has held a grudge. I guess my thought would be that if that *were* the case, it would be someone on the periphery of their circle.

This answers some of our questions about her usual jogging routine, as well as the half wrapped gift. Makes me wonder if she really was headed to the mailboxes to add something to the gift she was wrapping. A two mile run does not take four hours. So we can scratch that off of our list.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would take me 4 hours but I only jog when I have to chase my dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring