Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it just does not make sense to me that an abductor would allow you to gently place your phone down and if you dropped it, even gently, the cord would loosen to the point it would not looked placed there. IMO

Maybe this particular abductor did let her put it down gently.

The 20/20 episode makes it seem as if KP finds SP's phone and earbuds together, but the buds were not found until days later according to several articles

AFAIK, it has always been reported that the earbuds were found still attached to the phone. One of many articles that refer to it:

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...fornia-mother-sherri-papini-last-seen-n679321

Keith Papini, Sherri's husband, tracked her cell phone to less than 1.5 miles east of Interstate 5 in the Mountain Gate area north of Redding using the Find My iPhone application. Sherri's ear buds were still in the phone, with strands of her hair attached. No other items were recovered at the scene.

If you have other articles that state differently, please link them.

Thanks.

But even if they did not have their faces covered the first moment she saw them, it does not mean she can describe them 3 weeks later after being brutalized and chained up in a basement.

And it wouldn't matter what ethnicity the suspects are. It's understandable to me that Sherri doesn't have detailed description of these people. JMO

My last post for the night. In all of KP's interviews including 20/20, I have not witnessed any passion or conviction in describing the perps or calling for the perps to be brought to justice! No anger towards the perps, just with anyone questioning the ordeal as they present it. Based on just that along (there is much more) I am confused. I feel great sorrow for all victims of crime. That won't prevent me from critically thinking about high profile criminal cases that have yet to come to a completion. I pray that LE gets to the bottom of this ordeal quickly and punishment hits to those responsible. I want those responsible here to be severely punished even if those persons are unexpected.

You think KP is not angry with the perps?

I put myself in his place. The last thing he wants to do is call them out, place his focus on them, make them think he knows who they are, imo. He wants to keep his family safe. No need to poke the bear and make them want to cone after his family again.

I'm more mixed up than ever. Keith was very compelling in the 20/20 interview. He is one heck of an actor if he is involved in this mess.

Regardless I feel Sherris experience was genuine and reckon it was awful.
I hope Sherri and her kiddos can enjoy one another and feel safe to carry on.

I don't want to beat this dead horse forever, but it is very normal for reporters to use anonymous sources or honor a source's wishes. Their job is to report the what they consider to be true, not the official word of any particular entity.

I promise not to reply to any more posts on this subject.

I''ve seen it in many cases and articles on politics where the reporter does indeed try to protect their sources... e.g.

The official, who was not authorized to speak about an ongoing investigation and......

The source, who is not authorized to speak on the record due to the sensitivity of the ongoing investigation, said Pagliano has provided.....

It appears when the sheriff backlashed against the reporter, he went back and put in the name of the person

Sure it seems logical if a kidnapper tells you to drop your phone, you would just drop it and not care if it breaks but I don't think it's far fetched to believe she just placed it on the ground. It only takes a couple of seconds to bend down and back up. Why would you place it on the ground instead of just dropping it? I don't know exactly but you're probably in shock and not thinking clearly and it might just be instinct to not drop and break your phone. I don't know that I would do. It's hard to say when you're not in that situation but I could see myself quickly bending down maybe and laying my phone down. Maybe they held a gun to her and said "Put your phone down" instead of "Drop your phone" or told her to move slowly. We just don't know. I get why some are questioning it but I've thought about it and I don't think it's that odd now.

" It makes me SICK that there are people out there that can do something like this..."

That ^^^ sounds like anger towards the abductors to me. And whatever he said right after that sentence was cut off and edited out.

She did give a vague description of a few features, and I assume she didn't figure out what their eyebrows or eyes were like simply by hearing them talk. ;) Which can totally happen if the captors were wearing some sort of ski mask type things. I simply added that because of the unreliability of cross-racial identification, I can totally understand why the description of those features could be vague, too. JMO

ETA: I can totally imagine a scenario where she had identified them as Hispanic based on their speaking Spanish before she ever caught a glimpse of them, too.

Right. I wasn't saying she did not describe them with other features. I was replying to the idea that she could not ID them (or could have mis-ID'ed them) because of cross-racial bias. She did ID what she could. JMO.

OK, But you said you felt manipulated. And my point is that the editors have a much better chance at manipulating the viewers than the interviewee does, imo.
Very tired ,so I probably was not clear... I did not feel manipulated by anything I saw on 20/20 this evening... Thanks again. Goodnight.[emoji8]

Right. I wasn't saying she did not describe them with other features. I was replying to the idea that she could not ID them (or could have mis-ID'ed them) because of cross-racial bias. She did ID what she could. JMO.

I think we are coming to the same conclusion. :hug:

Beginning to think this case will never get solved.

Sure it seems logical if a kidnapper tells you to drop your phone, you would just drop it and not care if it breaks but I don't think it's far fetched to believe she just placed it on the ground. It only takes a couple of seconds to bend down and back up. Why would you place it on the ground instead of just dropping it? I don't know exactly but you're probably in shock and not thinking clearly and it might just be instinct to not drop and break your phone. I don't know that I would do. It's hard to say when you're not in that situation but I could see myself quickly bending down maybe and laying my phone down. Maybe they held a gun to her and said "Put your phone down" instead of "Drop your phone" or told her to move slowly. We just don't know. I get why some are questioning it but I've thought about it and I don't think it's that odd now.

I don't see why the chord wrapped around a phone would necessarily untangle if someone dropped it on the grass from maybe three feet, anyway.

ETA: Unfortunately, I am a professional iPhone-dropper. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members