Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I may of missed something. Why is David Lohr's latest article being questioned ?

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Shasta-County-Sheriff-disputes-hoax-story-404372706.html?d=mobile

"Based on information we have, there's no reason to believe this is not legitimate," Bosenko said. "Since speaking to Papini, based on information we've received, we believe her. We believe that this was an abduction."

Article goes on to say there is no department spokeswoman or public information officer.

This is what bothers me most about the 2020 show.

It was like this harrowing terrible tale and then has a happy ending and then "THE END"

How come no phone number to call with tips to catch who did this?

Where is the outrage at the perps?

I know for sure 2020 would think of adding a tip number so it almost seems like the show purposely omitted it for some reason.

The tip number and reward amount should have been discussed and displayed in the interview.
It has been the same reoccurring theme every time he is interviewed..no anger towards who did it or the urgency to find them.

I hope this is ok to post here, mods. And apologies if this theory and article has already been discussed or ruled out. Anyway.
I found this article from early November during the first week when she went missing:
http://kymkemp.com/2016/11/07/two-humboldt-women-help-search-for-young-mom-believed-by-family-to-be-abducted-near-redding/

Snipped from article and BBM:

I wonder, in reading between the lines whether the job they are referring to her having, was/is working stints as a picker for marijuana. I mean, it is Humboldt County after all and it would answer some questions that are buzzing around, clearing up some things. More importantly, it begs wonder if some sort of retaliation between workers could've stemmed from there and that's how her abductors know her??
IMHO, it'd be a plausible reason for her disappearance if some nefarious or unsavory things were going on under wraps in the groves and she was seen as as a threat to that.
Just thinking. I could be totally off base, though.
MOO, ETC.
I believe it's been established she worked for AT&T cellular

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

IIRC her job with AT&T took her to Humboldt County.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Someone corrected me early on when I said it was AT&T, because we don't really know that. I still assume it was, and it seems a lot more likely than her being a trimmer on a marijuana farm.

I'm wondering if they'll even go back to their house? I sure couldn't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankfully it doesn't appear to have happened in the home.
So, maybe once a bit of time passes they'll find comfort there as it's familiar to them, if it's well secured.
I'm sure they'll forever be hyper vigilant though. Living with someone that has severe PTSD, I'm aware of how that goes.
My heart breaks for this family.

This 20/20 special left me more confused and with additional questions. I know he wanted to clear his name and he's very passionate about his wife. Just my 2 cents: the statement he released would of sufficed. SM is not being kind to him at all right now after this interview.....

Have a good night, y'all.

The tip number and reward amount should have been discussed and displayed in the interview.
It has been the same reoccurring theme every time he is interviewed..no anger towards who did it or the urgency to find them.
I'm sure there are things behind the scenes the LE already knows and doesn't want released. Perhaps they already know who the perps are and what they're dealing with and there is no reason to set up a hotline/tip line and discuss reward. JMOPO

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Try this. Assuming 70 mph driving 2.5 hours. That's a big area

https://www.freemaptools.com/how-fa...curacy=&u=miles&hw=false&m=false&mode=DRIVING

That circle is way too big. I have driven all over that area. From Redding 2.5 hours would get you north to Medford Oregon, or south to Sacramento. That's in good traffic. East and West you wouldn't even be able to get to the coast or to the Nevada State Line in 2.5 hours. The roads in those directions are not straight, and very low speeds.

KP said she wanted things quiet and dark....

the dark part stood out to me. I would assume she would have wanted lights on, to see everything...

If she was in a dark basement and wearing a hood when outside, for 3 weeks, then her eyes would probably hurt when in the light.

If anyone is feeling worried about being abducted...

IF someone in a vehicle stops and asks you for assistance or directions regardless of their gender... do *not* approach the vehicle -- stay at a safe distance.

IF someone brandishes a weapon, learn what to do / not do by talking to your police department. Take a self-defense class. Become informed. Learn to use and carry pepper spray.

Many years ago Oprah had on an expert and his advice was: NEVER allow yourself to be taken to a 2nd location. If someone threatens you or has a weapon, you are better off running away, causing a scene...doing anything but complying with them to take you somewhere. Because the most harm that will likely befall you will occur wherever the perp takes you, which will be at their discretion and not to your advantage.

Let's be realistic about tips and tip lines. She can't describe them. In all honesty she may not be able to make a positive ID even if LE miraculously comes up with POIs. I am certain LE doesn't want thousands of tips about two random Hispanic women.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

That circle is way too big. I have driven all over that area. From Redding 2.5 hours would get you north to Medford Oregon, or south to Sacramento. That's in good traffic. East and West you wouldn't even be able to get to the coast or to the Nevada State Line in 2.5 hours. The roads in those directions are not straight, and very low speeds.
I didn't draw it, lol, it's an app on a Web site. You're free to make your own.

It terminates with the tiny town of Yolo and intersects with I-5.

I've lived in Sacramento my whole life and never heard of the town of Yolo. I've driven right by it a bunch of times and never knew it was there. JMO
Funny how everything is relative, isn't it? I've lived in Kansas nearly my whole life, and I know where Yolo is. But then, my brother used to live in Woodland and my nephew still does. We would sometimes take that very exit or the next exit south (18), to go west towards the Yolo Fliers Club to get to my nephew's. Plus, I'm a bit of a geography buff. If I've been there once or seen it on a map, it pretty much sticks.

/if she was held in the dark the lights probably hurt her eyes

(Referring to KP saying Sherri needed quiet and dark)
Another possibility is headaches/migraines. Mine are triggered by a lot of things Sherri must have experienced over the past weeks, including lack of food, anxiety, exhaustion, crying... I have no idea why Sherri would prefer the dark vs. sunlight right now, but I know that when my head is about to explode, quiet and dark are my two best friends. JMO

Seems like a vehicle pulled up and Sherri approached the vehicle- according to Keith asked Sherri for help.

EDIT- he doesn't say this happened. He says it makes sense a pair of women would do the abducting because a 100 pound woman wouldn't approach a vehicle with two big guys in it asking for her.

To ME it basically means that's pretty much what happened.

So if this is true--how did she not see their faces?

It was a message not just a random number. It had to be something specific enough for it to interpreted as a message as branding "I like turtles" on her would not be described as a message.

Does anyone know if media has reported if a rape kit was used after her release? By there being two Hispanic females perps, it is possible that one may not have been used. Just wondering if any confirmation on this. Seems lot a lot of description of her injuries but nothing on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState