Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone hear where she was housed or how she ate?

You can only average 70mph on I-5 when leaving Redding. You can head north to Oregon or south to Sacramento. Where was Sherri recovered? Near Sacramento. JMO

I've forgot now, county road 17. Where does it terminate and intersect?

My elderly parents watched. Knowing only evening news coverage of the case, they found husband believable and sympathetic. They loved the stuff about the kids. They think someone will turn in license plate of SUV.
Thanks Scooby. My hubby watched not knowing much either. He thought KP was sincere and believable too. He said he feels really bad for him and SP. He was touched by what he shared about their family too.
His biggest problem is with two women abductors. He said reading between the lines, SP might have given alot of details they arent sharing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have a friend who always says "my husband" even though I know him. It's just a funny habit, I guess. I'm tempted to jokingly say "You mean Bob?" but I don't. :D I always refer to my husband by his name unless I'm talking to someone who doesn't know us. But everyone is different.

(Sorry, don't have the initial post to quote so piggybacking off yours)

I haven't seen it, but it doesn't seem surprising in this situation for him to say my wife instead of her name. Saying "my wife" might be considered distancing language. But even if that's the case, I don't think he's using it to distance himself from Sherri, but to put distance in his mind of what happened to Sherri. It's probably painful and enraging for him to think about.

Imo that is an odd amount of time to just guess, espeically under duress. I can't imagine how to guess at how much time had passed.

I can. Some of us have really good/accurate " internal clocks " even in ordinary situations, and I find it easy to imagine her basic survival instincts kicking in, including trying to keep track of everything she possibly could.

I believe Yolo county is Sacramento.

Yolo county is west of Sacramento on the other side of the Sacramento river. The city of Sacramento is in Sacramento county.

Drove 2.5 hrs first day with her

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder when they covered their faces or where they drove. It doesn't seem likely that they could drive for 2.5 hours in a well trafficked area with all three heads visible and two of the heads with masks. Maybe SP was hidden below the windows with her head covered and there were no masks during that first drive. I wonder if she was wearing a watch, or used another way to judge the length of the trip. <modsnip>

With the story he wrote today, I would say his credibility is zero. I would be highly suspicious of any other stories he wrote. I think he should consider writing fiction. Hopefully he is finished as a news reporter.

I think I may of missed something. Why is David Lohr's latest article being questioned ?

I just really wish he was with Sherri in fheir private location instead of on national tv. Who cares what people say. Take care of your SO. Don't leave her for hoiurs to go on tv. I don't feel great after 20/20. Not blaming kp .. just wish things were different

He is with his wife & family. The interview with 20/20 was done at the undisclosed house where they (all of them) are staying. He hasn't left his wife.

"Who cares what people say?"

I suggest many would if they were the victim of intense worldwide media scrutiny and rumor-mongering and name calling. It's really vile the way people become virtual punching bags for others' amusement.

2.5 hours driving. No bathroom breaks or gassing up anywhere? Pick up smokes, coffee, anything? I guess they were prepared.
I would think if they were smokers SP would have said so.
I hadn't thought about that clue.
The latino women I know do not smoke, but their husband's do.
They don't speak much English. Usually their kids have to translate for them if their husband's aren't around.
They also do not drive.

Just thinking... I don't live in CA, so I am sure it's different there.

MOo

MOO

He kinda made it seem like he couldn't discuss the actual kidnapping part.

I thought that too. I think LE asked KP not to give specific details on the abduction because of the way he carefully started by saying "I can tell you..." to answer about when SP was kidnapped.

I wonder when they covered their faces or where they drove. It doesn't seem likely that they could drive for 2.5 hours in a well trafficked area with all three heads visible and two of the heads with masks. Maybe SP was hidden below the windows and there were no masks during that first drive. <modsnip>

Heavily tinted windows? Not sure what the law is about those in CA.

(Sorry, don't have the initial post to quote so piggybacking off yours)

I haven't seen it, but it doesn't seem surprising in this situation for him to say my wife instead of her name. Saying "my wife" might be considered distancing language. But even if that's the case, I don't think he's using it to distance himself from Sherri, but to put distance in his mind of what happened to Sherri. It's probably painful and enraging for him to think about.
My husband says it because he is proud that I am his wife. It strikes me that this could be the case with KP.

I guess I missed it somewhere. I didn't realize the family had set up a go fund me page and raised $49,000. Does anyone know if the family keeps the money or if it goes to law enforcement for all the extra work they put in? I don't know how that works.

My understanding is that the donations go the the Papini family to use as they see fit. There's usually a specific purpose stated on the (for example, to hire a PI, search parties, etc.) but the recipients are not contractually bound to use the money *only* for that purpose, particularly if the circumstances change.
(I'm speaking to GFMs set up with good intentions. Fraudulent accounts should be reported and removed.)

Her sister mentioned that Sherri makes the nicest looking pies.

Wow, using Google maps, taking a route that is NOT the main highway is calculated at 2h 49 min to get to Yolo County from Redding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966