Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which confuses me considering she can recall specifically a 2.5 hour drive at one point after being abducted.

(Referring to previous post of "Sherri is disoriented, doesnt know time or day.")
I believe that refers to the length of the drive on the very first day. Not sure how much it should have to do with her sense of time 22 days of captivity later. JMO

My elderly parents watched. Knowing only evening news coverage of the case, they found husband believable and sympathetic. They loved the stuff about the kids. They think someone will turn in license plate of SUV.

I'm not sure how I feel after watching either. I had expectations that some of the "strangeness" would be explained or more details would make sense of some of the things that are off but it didnt, at all. KP was able to share a few more details but the big questions are still unanswered. Im afraid that interview is going to lead to more skepticism and criticism. KP seemed uneasy and didnt make eye contact with the interviewer alot. Im NOT questioning his honestly or judging him. My thoughts are that he might be a shy guy and he is trying to satisfy the public so they can move on and heal. I can see how some people might question his body language though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That part is off IMO
I have read many stories about crime victims etc, needing the lights on at night.

MOO
Maybe she doesn't want people around her to see her bruising, branding, scars, etc... ?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Not FAIR!
This is a couple hundred miles north of me, but I have to wait?
My husband and his dang satellite TV?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I wonder if she can't remember being snatched up. I noticed when there showing the gal jogging they said that Keith "thinks" she went for a run, etc.
Why would they say he "think" instead of just saying that he went for a run, period?

Surely if she remembers she'd have told r husband exactly how it went down.

Unless...they're holding back the particulars on that for verification down the road.

I guess I missed it somewhere. I didn't realize the family had set up a go fund me page and raised $49,000. Does anyone know if the family keeps the money or if it goes to law enforcement for all the extra work they put in? I don't know how that works.

i assume they keep it as it was to help support them in their crisis. I've never seen anyone use it to reimburse LE for doing what is after all (as tough as it can be) their jobs.

That part is off IMO
I have read many stories about crime victims etc, needing the lights on at night.

MOO

Maybe every time someone sees her they are holding back tears or grimacing because of how she looks and she doesn't want that. Maybe she doesn't want to constantly look at her body and see her bruises and scars. Maybe her eyes are sensitive to the light since she was kept in a dark room. I can think of plenty of explanations. Unlike a lot of victims, SP was abducted in broad daylight, not from a dark room at night. It makes some sense to me her fear would be of walking around outside in the daytime now. Perhaps being in a safe dark room and holding her babies while they sleep calms her more than a light flooded one that reminds of the time of day she was taken. JMO.

I feel like this tops all news stories of 2016. I have seldom felt so baffled, and also, manipulated, though I do not know why, how or by whom.

If she disappeared at 11 am, she would be 2.5 hours somewhere else at 1:30 pm.

You can only average 70mph on I-5 when leaving Redding. You can head north to Oregon or south to Sacramento. Where was Sherri recovered? Near Sacramento. JMO

I believe Yolo county is Sacramento.

I have seen cases where funds raised were turned over toward apprehension of criminals.

I don't really care what they do with the money, though $50k is likely more than a year's income, I would guess. But maybe there will be other expenses down the road.

Not FAIR!
This is a couple hundred miles north of me, but I have to wait?
My husband and his dang satellite TV?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

It's called being in different time zones.

From the last thread in response to a post I made:

Gardener1850 wrote "I'm very sorry for what you went through with your accident. With all respect, can you imagine if after your accident the world-wide media and thousands of people who had not seen you post-accident were doubting how serious your injuries were and claiming you must have done it to yourself on purpose for attention or some other unknown motive. And people were calling your relatives and asking if those rumors about you were true or not...What would your loved ones do? IMO, there is nothing wrong with the way KP defended his wife by describing her real injuries. He was answering critiques who said she had only minor injuries and LE who had used an analogy of a sprained ankle when talking about her release from the ER. JMO."

Thank you for your kind words, Gardner. I will say that my accident was very public in the area I lived. The details of how I was scarred were very public, as in the newspaper, lots of people conjecturing why x or y, questioning choices I might have made. I was in high school which was its own treat. My parents, especially my father, struggled because I was no longer prom queen pretty. People winced and stared as my face was filled with keloid scars. However, the one thing that happened quickly was that it was clear that I wasn't going back to what I looked like even with surgeries. My parents stopped paying attention to the scars, made me go out in public, made me go back to school, and got me counseling. All that helped me to realize that beauty is not just what you look like, it is who you are-- a gift for a 16 year old. Public platform or not, support the publicity or not, there is a hurting woman who I hope is not getting the message that she is less than with a broken nose, scars and scabs, brands, chopped hair or whatever. She will carry what she carries and I hope she is helped along by those who love her.

I am not sure what I think of the KP going on shows. It is his decision. I don't think it is his story to share but if SP agrees that he does, so be it. I know what I would want. The important thing is that it is about what the person who survived wants. I hope this is what she wants. JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member