Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the 20/20 program.

I bawled my eyes out. I'm a pretty empathetic person, I often put myself in others shoes and can try and imagine how it would feel. Having recently lost my husband I was able to put myself in KP's shoes and imagine what it would feel like to be in his situation.

Would I have done what he did? Heck yes. Every little thing. Anything to have that person back, would I care about wanting justice? Yes, like KP said of course but THE most important thing would to have that person back, the joy would be immense, everything else would take a back seat for now.

I hurt for them both. And still people are picking apart every word they say, Yes, I know that is what we do here at WS but there comes a time when some things need to stop. I am fully behind Tricia with her decision re certain subjects, and IMO it is 100% warranted.

I will still follow along but with caution. I don't let go or step away from a case I have gotten heavily invested in.

My best wishes to SP, KP and their families. It fills me with joy that they share such wonderful love for each other and that KP got his 'superwife' and their kids got their 'supermom' back, I won't lie. I was envious, I'd give anything to have my superman back.

Could it be the reason that SP was released on Thanksgiving morning was because the abductor's couldn't hide her anymore because of the holiday? Did one of the woman become soft after so much abuse toward SP had taken place? I just can't figure out why they would have released her, most cases the victims are killed.
I'm thinking they couldn't risk hiding her anymore.

Matt Gutman states Keith texted and called Sherri when she first went missing, so we can put that to rest

[video=twitter;805049140728266752]https://twitter.com/mattgutmanABC/status/805049140728266752[/video]
I have not read this anywhere else...and even if he did...it seems his next call would be to her closest family or friends to see if she was with them. Doing the find my phone ap seemed like a routine go to, JMO

Except if I've only seen the nose and mouth of someone for a minute or two before they grabbed me and held me for 22 days...not sure I'd remember those particular details.

What if they showed you pictures with 5 different faces, or even just mouth and nose portions of faces, and one of them was the abductor's? Which is what would happen if they track down these alleged abductors. If that happens, and SP did see mouth/nose/eyes/etc, and she's able to pick them out of a police line-up/photo line-up...makes the prosecutor's job easier in court. that's why you wear a hood, if you're doing this.

People may not be able to describe what they saw, but give them a trigger--a picture or the actual person, and the memories come flooding back.

I've seen so many things mentioned in MSM articles (no, I don't have links, there are like, 100 of them at least) that mention "online sleuthers" and "internet detectives" and words to that affect, that I can't help but wonder if a lot of these journalists aren't reading these threads. Problem is, most of time it's not said in a favorable way.

All I know is, after seeing KP's anguished expression while recalling those first moments when he saw SP in hospital, I cried all over again.

Oh yes, that's not only safe to believe, it's an undisputed fact. Not speaking about this case, but I can tell you reporters have many times contacted me personally regarding info they've read here. They know we deal in facts and discourage rumors. Often they want to know the original source of certain "finds" our sleuths have discovered. There are other reasons too I'm not at liberty to disclose. Some reporters I respect greatly; others not so much. It's a highly competitive business.

Just know that the times are achanging. That trend has been happening for a while but it has really picked up the pace the past couple of years. It used to be that WE depended on MSM for our news and followed up. However, MSM has quickly discovered that we are a great source for them and they are running with it. Too bad they rarely, if ever, credit the real original source for their stories.

That would make more sense if they had not driven her 150 miles straight away....(with masks or bandanas on in broad daylight).

Also, there is absolutely NO reason for LE to keep "ball caps and sunglasses" info close to the vest. If they were wearing bandanna or glasses or ball caps, Sherri would have SEEN that, initially, and told LE that. Sleuthers are trying to inject descriptions of the abductors that LE has NOT confirmed. JMO

What if they showed you pictures with 5 different faces, or even just mouth and nose portions of faces, and one of them was the abductor's? Which is what would happen if they track down these alleged abductors. If that happens, and SP did see mouth/nose/eyes/etc, and she's able to pick them out of a police line-up/photo line-up...makes the prosecutor's job easier in court. that's why you wear a hood, if you're doing this.

People may not be able to describe what they saw, but give them a trigger--a picture or the actual person, and the memories come flooding back.

Good point. Frankly, I have no idea what I'd be capable of remembering accurately after such an experience. We are probably all different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could SP have been catfished? Has anyone see someone suggest this? This scenario would explain some inconsistencies and strange statements/actions to me.

Would explain the statements by people who said they were sure SP was abducted and alive. Would explain the oversharing about SP and KP being a perfect couple and the need to make sure everyone knows she is supermom. Would explain the investigation of SPs online activity and search warrants being served. Would explain the violence and her release (have seen many articles about others being enticed online, held captive, tortured and released). Would explain the lack of details about the actual abduction.

Would not reduce my sympathy or implicate the victims..just a theory in light of details that are strange/missing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have not read this anywhere else...and even if he did...it seems his next call would be to her closest family or friends to see if she was with them. Doing the find my phone ap seemed like a routine go to, JMO

I do not have the link at hand, but I seem to remember that he also called the daycare and found out the kids hadn't been picked up.

Great post, Skibs. Big hugs!

I bawled my eyes out. I'm a pretty empathetic person, I often put myself in others shoes and can try and imagine how it would feel. Having recently lost my husband I was able to put myself in KP's shoes and imagine what it would feel like to be in his situation.

Would I have done what he did? Heck yes. Every little thing. Anything to have that person back, would I care about wanting justice? Yes, like KP said of course but THE most important thing would to have that person back, the joy would be immense, everything else would take a back seat for now.

I hurt for them both. And still people are picking apart every word they say, Yes, I know that is what we do here at WS but there comes a time when some things need to stop. I am fully behind Tricia with her decision re certain subjects, and IMO it is 100% warranted.

I will still follow along but with caution. I don't let go or step away from a case I have gotten heavily invested in.

My best wishes to SP, KP and their families. It fills me with joy that they share such wonderful love for each other and that KP got his 'superwife' and their kids got their 'supermom' back, I won't lie. I was envious, I'd give anything to have my superman back.

If I came home and my husbands car was there, no kids and not answering his phone; I would of activated the phone app as well before calling family. How would he go to family if his car is there?

Could SP have been catfished? Has anyone see someone suggest this? This scenario would explain some inconsistencies and strange statements/actions to me.

Would explain the statements by people who said they were sure SP was abducted and alive. Would explain the oversharing about SP and KP being a perfect couple and the need to make sure everyone knows she is supermom. Would explain the investigation of SPs online activity and search warrants being served. Would explain the violence and her release (have seen many articles about others being enticed online, held captive, tortured and released). Would explain the lack of details about the actual abduction.

Would not reduce my sympathy or implicate the victims..just a theory in light of details that are strange/missing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Newbie here.... what is catfished?

Forgive me if someone has already said this, but concerning the phone and earbuds...
Perhaps she was mailing something since it was left by the mailboxes. The interview last night made it seemed that's where is was left. So maybe she set it down to mail something. I do that when I have stuff in my hand. Or she could have been opening the mailbox, but that's less likely since she would need a key and she left her car keys inside the house since he drove her car to look for her. Usually people have their mailbox key on their car keys.

That is so tough, Skibaboo! Many many hugs to you!

Except if I've only seen the nose and mouth of someone for a minute or two before they grabbed me and held me for 22 days...not sure I'd remember those particular details.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, many (police) artist renderings are done to the best of the victim's memory - and if they had sunglasses on, the point of focus would be the mouth. JMO

All she has given at this point is eyebrows and hair...no height, weight, tattoos, scars, etc. The public truly needs more at this point for their own safety.

<modsnip>

Matt Gutman states Keith texted and called Sherri when she first went missing, so we can put that to rest

[video=twitter;805049140728266752]https://twitter.com/mattgutmanABC/status/805049140728266752[/video]

I'm so happy he cleared that up. I was thinking the editors probably cut that detail due to time. In the show last night Keith listed a bunch of other things he did prior to using the iphone app-- checking bedrooms, going outside, etc. IMO, it's ridiculous to think he didn't call or text his wife's phone and latch onto that as a criticism. Now we know for sure he DID call and text his wife. I believe texting her was mentioned in an earlier news story as well but this should settle it. KP's actions were that of an average husband looking for his wife. :moo:

The 2 perps must not have had their faces covered with masks when they interacted with SP before taking her. No one in their right mind would approach a vehicle or people with masks on. There was a gun involved, according to KP. That means someone pointed a gun at SP and was in control of her from that point forward. It sounded like SP may have been asked for assistance of some kind (directions or whatever), and then had a gun pointed at her. She got into the vehicle under duress (meaning it was not by her choice). KP confirmed that she was not taken 'voluntarily.'

What does it matter if she "dropped" or "set" or "placed" her phone down on the grass? She put the phone with headphones down, as common sense dictates she was probably told to leave it (we know that because it was left). No one who is being taken would want to leave their cell phone behind, so the fact it was left behind can be inferred to be not her choice.

I agree with everything your saying. Adding my two cents, it appears (all based on assumption) like a gun was brandished at some point and she was ordered to put phone down (as it was stated by Sherrif that it appeared to be placed there as evidenced by 2 photos by KP). So, at that point did she get more forced in the car or did she go in because a gun was pointed at her? There has been talk of her possibly having a concealed weapon permit (not verified).....if she took the training that is required to obtain one, they teach you to FIGHT as though your life depends on it in order to not get taken. Your chances of surviving after being taken decreases greatly. It's also my understanding that she is pretty scrappy. So, could 1 Hispanic woman overpower her, assuming the other had to stay in drivers seat to take off quickly? It makes me think at least one had to be pretty good sized and strong. Just trying to narrow down more of a description since almost nothing (brows? Smh) has been provided in this area.
This is all just purely for discussion because I don't know what happened and it's so hard to try not to speculate when not many facts are presented.

Could it be the reason that SP was released on Thanksgiving morning was because the abductor's couldn't hide her anymore because of the holiday? Did one of the woman become soft after so much abuse toward SP had taken place? I just can't figure out why they would have released her, most cases the victims are killed.
I'm thinking they couldn't risk hiding her anymore.

that's kind of what I theorized back when SP first reappeared:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-2-November-2016-8&p=12956522#post12956522

it didn't seem a very likely scenario back then. but, surprisingly it still has legs and appears to be the current, weak leader in the clubhouse in terms of what is being bandied about as possible scenarios (assuming there was an actual abduction).

One possible scenario that might explain what appears to be an oddball catch-and-release:

The dark-suv hispanic female duo were shopping for a white female for sale into the sex trafficking industry and mistook SP for someone much younger. Typically sex traffickers prefer younger, more pliable females. An approaching middle-age woman isn't going to be the easiest to turn-out or break; and customers likely prefer younger females as well.

So maybe the abductor duo pick up SP and their potential buyer(s) balk at taking SP off their hands. Why not simply cut losses, take out SP and move on? Why keep her around for 3 weeks and return her?

Perhaps the level of publicity--tho not as great as one might've expected, it was still a prominent news story in the area and even made national news .

Maybe when they found out about her family/children, either from talking to her and/or from the media coverage, they empathized and couldn't bring themselves to deprive SP's children of a mother.

Also, not everyone is capable of killing. Thankfully. If this duo's regular routine were abducting females to quickly fence to sex traffickers, stepping up to murder might've been more than they were prepared to stomach.

Glad SP's back home with her family. Not sure why the police seem blase about tracking down her abductors.

Didn't record, but I swear KP started a reply with "When SP left" when referring to a story about the kids, etc.. Nothing really new. Was interesting to see Bosenko took part too... poker face still on. Interesting too CG actually has storage containers as kidnap/abduction/survival training facility... wow!!!

Does SP say anything about where she was held captive ? A bedroom ? In a house ? In a shed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018