Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Frankly, I have no idea what I'd be capable of remembering accurately after such an experience. We are probably all different.

Very different, indeed. I am awful at remembering faces (right now, I cannot recall specific features of people I have known for decades and see on a regular basis,) so if I ever have to provide such descriptions, social media will probably rip me to shreds. JMO

<modsnip> I'm curious if people are now sympathetic or still suspicious. Sometimes silence doesn't give fuel to people who are inclined to doubt everything and say horrible things online. But then again, silence can make some more suspicious. Can't win. Which is it?
Im more sympathetic after seeing the interview yet have more questions. Not suspicion that SP or KP have pulled off a hoax or are lying. Just questions about the crime, motive, how SP was abducted, if other women are at risk, if SP was targeted, etc. Editing might fuel questions too....much has been said about their perfect relationship and SP being a supermom. It seems as if someone really needs that to be heard..and why? If the media edited to spotlight those statements then maybe those statements really arent a big part if the overall message from the family but just kind comments about SP and KP. If that makes sense. I often wonder why someone places importance on certain info...what are they trying to communicate. The editing might have cut out comments about finding the perps and getting justice...making the message skewed. I think I would personally be fixated in capturing the responsible parties but dont see that focus in this case. NOT saying LE or the victims arent focused on justice or that they are wrong. Just questioning the tidbits we have been allowed to see.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Also, there is absolutely NO reason for LE to keep "ball caps and sunglasses" info close to the vest. If they were wearing bandanna or glasses or ball caps, Sherri would have SEEN that, initially, and told LE that. Sleuthers are trying to inject descriptions of the abductors that LE has NOT confirmed. JMO

No one is interjecting facts. They're offering alternative theories to explain why Sherri wasn't spooked to approach the vehicle with 2 women wearing masks. Because they probably weren't wearing masks when they first approached her.

Don't assume LE isn't keeping as much as they possibly can out of the media. I believe they are. They've interviewed Sherri for hours over a period of at least 3 days. They've released very little. Protecting the intergrity of the investigation is first and foremost. They were upset that KP disclosed that she had been branded. LE KNEW that, but they didn't want it released to the public at large.

I don't have a TV and don't subscribe to internet TV. My thanks to everyone who provided the 20/20 posts last night as the show aired. The question and answer followups were on target and thoughtful. I'm grateful to all of you and will watch the show after the one week wait.

Oh yes, that's not only safe to believe, it's an undisputed fact. Not speaking about this case, but I can tell you reporters have many times contacted me personally regarding info they've read here. They know we deal in facts and discourage rumors. Often they want to know the original source of certain "finds" our sleuths have discovered. There are other reasons too I'm not at liberty to disclose. Some reporters I respect greatly; others not so much. It's a highly competitive business.

Just know that the times are achanging. That trend has been happening for a while but it has really picked up the pace the past couple of years. It used to be that WE depended on MSM for our news and followed up. However, MSM has quickly discovered that we are a great source for them and they are running with it. Too bad they rarely, if ever, credit the real original source for their stories.

Yup! *cough* Crimewatch daily *cough* I'm talking to you ;)

Does SP say anything about where she was held captive ? A bedroom ? In a house ? In a shed ?

I believe that is another thing that has purposely been kept under wraps by LE.

I don't have a TV and don't subscribe to internet TV. My thanks to everyone who provided the 20/20 posts last night as the show aired. The question and answer followups were on target and thoughtful. I'm grateful to all of you and will watch the show after the one week wait.

No need to wait--here it is

[video=youtube;h22BCV7bPcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h22BCV7bPcQ[/video]

Just watched the 20/20 program.

I bawled my eyes out. I'm a pretty empathetic person, I often put myself in others shoes and can try and imagine how it would feel. Having recently lost my husband I was able to put myself in KP's shoes and imagine what it would feel like to be in his situation.

Would I have done what he did? Heck yes. Every little thing. Anything to have that person back, would I care about wanting justice? Yes, like KP said of course but THE most important thing would to have that person back, the joy would be immense, everything else would take a back seat for now.

I hurt for them both. And still people are picking apart every word they say, Yes, I know that is what we do here at WS but there comes a time when some things need to stop. I am fully behind Tricia with her decision re certain subjects, and IMO it is 100% warranted.

I will still follow along but with caution. I don't let go or step away from a case I have gotten heavily invested in.

My best wishes to SP, KP and their families. It fills me with joy that they share such wonderful love for each other and that KP got his 'superwife' and their kids got their 'supermom' back, I won't lie. I was envious, I'd give anything to have my superman back.

I cried last night too, Skibs. And now I'm crying reading your post. :goodpost::hug::sorry::cry::loveyou:

Newbie here.... what is catfished?
to lure (someone) into a relationship by means of a fictional online persona.
"he was being catfished by a cruel prankster"

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

"At one point during her horrifying 22 days spent in captivity, Sherri Papini tried to find a moment of peace from just a piece of discarded cloth.

The mother-of-two rolled the cloth up and pretended it was her two-year-old daughter Violet, rocking it as if it was her baby girl.

I was hosting a Christmas Party last night, did not see the interview, just scanned a few posts this morning, when I read this.

There are no words to describe how this takes my breath away.

I no longer care about the phone, the sightings while jogging, the mailboxes, where she was held, gas station sightings, eyebrows, ransom money, crazy churches, evasive LE, or how they got her in their vehicle. It's been a month of analyzing who, what, when, where, why and how ... forward and backward and around in circles. It doesn't make sense to me, to veteran investigators, or to profilers who deal with evil every day. But I don't need this case to make sense to me. As a mother, what happened to Sherri is the stuff of my nightmares. What's worse is that when it's all said and done and the years have gone by, maybe it was for no reason at all ... and that means it could have been any of us. I will be thanking God tonight when I tuck my kids into bed, and I'll be thanking God that Sherri is, too. And then I will pray that these monsters are found and made to pay so they can't ever hurt anyone again. That is all that matters to me about this case anymore.

I'm so happy he cleared that up. I was thinking the editors probably cut that detail due to time. In the show last night Keith listed a bunch of other things he did prior to using the iphone app-- checking bedrooms, going outside, etc. IMO, it's ridiculous to think he didn't call or text his wife's phone and latch onto that as a criticism. Now we know for sure he DID call and text his wife. I believe texting her was mentioned in an earlier news story as well but this should settle it. KP's actions were that of an average husband looking for his wife. :moo:
In an article (about 3 weeks ago?), Keith mentioned trying to call and text his wife after he came home to an empty house. So, this was already out there.

X2

I'm not a runner, but I'm pretty sure I would be if someone pulled up next to me wearing masks. Yikes.

Maybe they had those veil things (burkas ??) Type of thing ? That would conceal their faces in an acceptable manner vs a ski mask

[video=youtube;h22BCV7bPcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h22BCV7bPcQ[/video]

. So, could 1 Hispanic woman overpower her, assuming the other had to stay in drivers seat to take off quickly? It makes me think at least one had to be pretty good sized and strong. Just trying to narrow down more of a description since almost nothing (brows? Smh) has been provided in this area.
This is all just purely for discussion because I don't know what happened and it's so hard to try not to speculate when not many facts are presented.

Regardless of training or awareness of the "don't let them take you to a 2nd site" rule in these situations, I think anyone, any age, any level of fitness, would simply turn tail and haul-*advertiser censored* were someone perched up in the driver's or passenger's seat of an SUV to brandish a gun. It'd be instinctive to run like hell and your chances of getting away would be pretty good. Even if you were standing next to the SUV when they did it, simply turn and run toward the back of the SUV and then cut off the road and go cross-country or through yards or whatever.

I think they'd have to have gotten physical proximity to SP to have abducted her. Meaning at least one of them and more likely both were out of the SUV and within arm's reach of SP (assuming an actual abduction occurred).

I have not read this anywhere else...and even if he did...it seems his next call would be to her closest family or friends to see if she was with them. Doing the find my phone ap seemed like a routine go to, JMO

The Moment Keith Knew Something Was Wrong

When Keith returned home from work that evening, he said he was expecting to have his wife, daughter and 4-year-old son, Tyler, greet him at the door, but only found unsettling silence inside the house.

“I looked in different rooms and couldn’t find anyone,” he said. “So I thought, ‘Maybe they’re outside,’ and I looked around outside ... but at the time I thought, ‘Huh, I’m sure they’re all together.’ I had no reason to believe otherwise.”

Keith said he opened up the “Find My iPhone” feature on his iPhone to search for Sherri’s iPhone and see if he could find her location. It showed Sherri’s phone was near their mailbox, about a mile away from the house. At first, Keith said he thought maybe she had taken the kids for a walk to get the mail.

Keith said he called his mother and asked her if she had spoken to Sherri. When she told him no, he called the kids’ day care.

“The first thing I said was, ‘What time did Sherri pick up the kids today?’” Keith said. “And she said, ‘The kids are here.’ It was like, ‘Something is wrong, there is something wrong right now.’”

“I got in the car and immediately drove down the end of our mailbox, and was anticipating I would see her walking,” he said.

But his wife nowhere to be seen. Frantic, Keith started driving around, scouring their area around their property. He went back to the mailbox where the “Find My iPhone” feature had first pinpointed Sherri’s phone.

“It did not take me long [to find it]. It was right off the road,” he said.

Next to her phone, Keith found Sherri’s headphones, which he said were tangled with strands of her blond hair.

“If she would have lost her phone driving home one day and she had put it on the roof of her car one day and drove off, you know OK, I could see that happening,” he said. “But her car was at home and the kids were at school. I knew something was wrong.”

Keith went into full crisis mode and dialed 911.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

I find all of this completely believable and a reasonable response. He called his mother, and then the daycare.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Maybe they had those veil things (burkas ??) Type of thing ? That would conceal their faces in an acceptable manner vs a ski mask

November 2nd is day 2 of the Day of the Dead, so if the captors were indeed Mexican or Mexican-American, it wouldn't be strange for them to be costumed. That's just silly speculation, of course, but since both KP and LE aren't providing any details about the point of abduction, there may be some unique details they are holding back for investigative purposes.

Just my thoughts...

I CAN NOT imagine "this" is actually their home (the clips 20/20 was showing). I'm inclined (gut instincts) they used other images to portray "a home".

They showed quick black and white shots. I noticed from the 20/20 clips that when there was dialogue happening everything in color was blurred out to preserve privacy and safety.

Could it be the reason that SP was released on Thanksgiving morning was because the abductor's couldn't hide her anymore because of the holiday? Did one of the woman become soft after so much abuse toward SP had taken place? I just can't figure out why they would have released her, most cases the victims are killed.
I'm thinking they couldn't risk hiding her anymore.

Ive thought about this too, the timing of the release, I think that these women simply couldn't keep up holding her any longer/"babysitting" her (??) And had possibly their own Thanksgiving plans with their families and their absence would draw suspicion if they missed the meal /food prep ? Just a theory..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog