Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't KP say SP took some cloth and pretended she was tucking one of the kids into bed... I thought, does that mean she had a bed then, or at least a blanket on the floor so she could pretend she was tucking this bundle of cloth in.

Re BBM
I have been running through scenarios and that is how I envision the situation if the perps never left the car and just pointed a gun at the person outside. Most people would turn and run and I agree there is a good chance of getting away unharmed because the perp would first have to exit the vehicle and then start shooting while the person outside would have a head start and would be running in zig zag fashion.

RSBM
Respectfully, the fight/flight/freeze response is not as black and white as "what would most people do."

Question:

I know it wasn't addressed in last night's 20/20 episode but there have been so many reports, interviews, statements that I may have missed it. Has any reporter asked LE or a family member if Sherri was fluent in Spanish?

I believe she told LE her abductors spoke Spanish most of the time and that one of them had a "heavy accent" which leads me to believe at least one of the perps tried to communicate in English with Sherri, at least at times.

Just curious if any reporter has asked. That said, if she is fluent in Spanish I really doubt LE wants that disclosed.

I have not seen any reporter ask that or any answer to that. Living in CA, it would surprise me if SP doesn't know at least some Spanish words and phrases. JMO.

one speculation was made that 2 women would make her feel more at ease to approach the vehicle. Well if that did happen she would have seen them. If they had hoods on I highly doubt she would go willing with these 2 people.

Another question I have I saw the show last night and I want to know what they meant about the area they lived in having skeevy undertones even more than most people would realize. That is not a quote but paraphrased. It looked to me like a very rural nice area not too far from Redding. What did they mean by that statement? Pot farms, and let's assume it was pot farms they were talking about, how does that make it a threat to her?

BBM
I think they may have been talking about the subdivision just across the interstate from the entrance to their subdivision. Just a guess.

Didn't record, but I swear KP started a reply with "When SP left" when referring to a story about the kids, etc.. Nothing really new. Was interesting to see Bosenko took part too... poker face still on. Interesting too CG actually has storage containers as kidnap/abduction/survival training facility... wow!!!

Thanks, I'll listen for that when I watch the show later today.

I can only make an assumption here, but since LE aren't sharing any details about the actual abduction either, I would think this is another thing they want to keep to themselves. Since Keith and the Sheriff appeared on the same show, I will make another assumption and say that they're probably not at war with each other like many have hinted at, after Keith had released extra information, so if they agreed to not talk publicly about how the abduction happened, maybe this was Keith's best attempt at trying to dodge that question: talking about what he thinks may or may not have happened. JMO

I think you've hit the bull's eye, DogRescuer. I have to believe the sheriff and Keith had a plan going into the interview. The sheriff probably let Keith know in no uncertain terms what Keith should steer away from for the sake of the investigation.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by gregjrichards
"At one point during her horrifying 22 days spent in captivity, Sherri Papini tried to find a moment of peace from just a piece of discarded cloth.

The mother-of-two rolled the cloth up and pretended it was her two-year-old daughter Violet, rocking it as if it was her baby girl."

RSBM

Question: why in the world would two kidnappers allow their hostage to keep a piece of discarded cloth?
Weren't they afraid she can choke/strangle one of them? or out of pain and despair hang herself???

I tried to see the softer side of that detail, but just couldn't.

JMO because I'm entitled to one.

Maybe it was only a dish towel size? Or maybe it was the hood they kept over her face when transporting her and there was nothing she could use it for to escape or harm herself? There were no details on how big or what shape or what size or what material this clothe was, but does it REALLY matter that much? The point is the same--that she was a mother in captivity desperately missing her children. JMO.

Just my thoughts...

I CAN NOT imagine "this" is actually their home (the clips 20/20 was showing). I'm inclined (gut instincts) they used other images to portray "a home".

They showed quick black and white shots. I noticed from the 20/20 clips that when there was dialogue happening everything in color was blurred out to preserve privacy and safety.

Idk about the indoor shots but the outside clips shown, they were of their home

I have a question that is haunting me. It was first raised by a commenter named Monica on YouTube; she gets the credit for it..

Background: In Project Taken's many videos and podcasts, a number of women tell of their abductions by a stalker or other creepy guy -- singular. In what I think is the most widely watched PT video, posted to Vimeo in January 2013, a fictional woman is grabbed and kidnapped by a guy -- singular -- who thought she had insulted him. Overall, CG/PT's videos and podcasts have always reflected the fact that many, probably most, random kidnappings of pretty women from public places are done by sole perpetrators acting alone.

Fast forward to November 22 of this year: That day CG makes a video outreach to SP's kidnappers -- plural. He refers to them numerous times in the plural. The link follows below. The question that Monica raises (she is the second commenter in the link) is: What made CG think SP was taken by multiple perps? As I understand it, we didn't know about the two Hispanic women until the morning of the 24th. Does anyone have an answer?

Link: [video=youtube;Mu4mjpWpaY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu4mjpWpaY8[/video]

Question:

I know it wasn't addressed in last night's 20/20 episode but there have been so many reports, interviews, statements that I may have missed it. Has any reporter asked LE or a family member if Sherri was fluent in Spanish?

I believe she told LE her abductors spoke Spanish most of the time and that one of them had a "heavy accent" which leads me to believe at least one of the perps tried to communicate in English with Sherri, at least at times.

Just curious if any reporter has asked. That said, if she is fluent in Spanish I really doubt LE wants that disclosed.

I have been thinking the same. Even If she only took a couple of years of Spanish in high school and/or college, she would end up remembering some of it after three weeks with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If u google these farms u can see a lot of these crimes happened recently with the pot farms. Like sep and oct ...
There are numerous illegal farms in the areas.

It kind of makes sense that Sept, Oct, and early Nov for CA would have the most issues with these farms because that would probably be harvest time where the plants are at their peak and ready to pick.

This is concerning.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/09/23/california-marijuana-farm-violence/63852/

I found most pot trimmers are professionals from 25 to 40 maki g $20.00 an hr. There are lists of articles out there about it

It seems most of them went there to work, willingly, then got into a bad situation (held there against their will, not paid, almost killed). Unless she was working for them and quit, I don't really see the mj angle. I could be wrong, but I don't think the growers want to attract attention to themselves by kidnapping women picking up their mail, in broad daylight, to go work for them in the pot fields. There's people looking for work that those folks can scam. Same w/sex traffickers; Too many runaways, drug addicts, and homeless prostitutes, are a dime a dozen and no one misses them, and if they do miss them, they don't get MSM attention, with their photos plastered everywhere, and six figure ransoms donated by anon donors. Sex traffickers do not want that kind of attention.

cadi hinted at this tweet from an abc correspondent's verified twitter earlier on this thread, and i found it very interesting. I got the green light from the mods to post it.
Thanks again, cadi!

[video=twitter;804286221161631744]https://twitter.com/mattgutmanabc/status/804286221161631744[/video]

ka-boom!

Good point. Frankly, I have no idea what I'd be capable of remembering accurately after such an experience. We are probably all different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alexsea, this is so true.
I now have a hard time remembering my abductors face, but I can remember his nose, it's very uncommon for his race plus, if I ever see him again I will know it.

Skibs, thank you for such a thoughtful post. Sometimes a post speaking from experience puts things, especially the unknown, into perspective. [emoji172] :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only make an assumption here, but since LE aren't sharing any details about the actual abduction either, I would think this is another thing they want to keep to themselves. Since Keith and the Sheriff appeared on the same show, I will make another assumption and say that they're probably not at war with each other like many have hinted at, after Keith had released extra information, so if they agreed to not talk publicly about how the abduction happened, maybe this was Keith's best attempt at trying to dodge that question: talking about what he thinks may or may not have happened. JMO

It doesn't seem right to me. He could have taken LE's approach and suggested that there is certain information that we're not going to release right now.

It doesn't seem right to me. He could have taken LE's approach and suggested that there is certain information that we're not going to release right now.

Maybe he's not media savvy. Who knows?

Yes, he could have. He might not have. I don't think he is used to giving all these interviews.
As far as I can tell, he never said this is what had happened, only that this is what he thought might have happened.

My questions would be
If she held a scrap of cloth like a baby why couldn't she take the pillowcase off her head? I wonder how she was bound and covered.
When they cut her hair, was her head still covered? Did the sweep
up the hair and take it or leave it on the floor?
How fast was the car going when she was pushed out?
Who was the branding measage for and why does it not clue into if this was random or targeted?

if anyone can help me find links to those answers it would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper