Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I can't get out of my mind...it would be very easy to deflect the idea of a hoax by releasing pictures of her injuries. Originally, I thought perhaps this hadn't been done because the "brand" was on her face, but KP stated it isn't. I understand the desire for privacy, and perhaps some ego involved in not wanting to be seen in an unattractive way, but it would go a long way to hushing the rumors.

I haven't been able to find any statements about why they would or wouldn't want to release pics of her injuries. Has anyone else read statements on this topic?

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

I think the Gone Girl/hoax theory would involve the injuries being self inflicted so pictures of the injuries wouldn't make any difference.

I'm southern, so you can imagine how I hear and say things, lol!

I think that would be a bit invasive just to quench the media and the bystanders (WS'ers included!) curiosity. LE must have taken the appropriate measures to gather medical assessment (re: injuries, etc) and forensic evidence (<< as in photographs).
Oh I agree about LE. I was really just thinking from the standpoint of the family trying to quash rumors. I was wondering if anyone had seen this referenced anywhere. I haven't.

According to the Internets, kidnapping involves ransom

5a5978c9a07740708d6752b3b67ca17b.jpg

Exactly. I posted something similar on the first weeks of the case.

I'm not caught up so this may have already been mentioned but...

Does anyone else find it extraordinarily convenient that some well-to-do benefactor (who doesn't even know the Papini family, allegedly) would contact CG, of all people, and say "you, you da man, I want you and your expertise to be all over this case - and here's a pile of money - go do your thing!" (or however Mr. A. Donor worded it).

Not only did he conveniently contact CG, who just happens to live in Redding and who just happens to "specialize" in all this sort of sordid business he registered the web site and a google email for his contact.

All sounds a little too good to be true, doesn't it?

I think you're hearing things. He doesn't enunciate well and it sounds like "middle" but he is saying metal. No f sound at all.

And I do hear an F sound, but still think he said metal. Actually, I think he said "metalf!" :)

So you're suggesting that it's plausible for these two women to wear masks consistently for 20+ days and their end game was to simply hold someone captive as a goof? They essentially did it because they could?

They wouldn't have to wear masks, if at all, very often. If SP was chained in the dark basement, then all the perp had to do was slip on a bandanna over the face when carrying some bread and water downstairs, every few days.

Perhaps their motive was to sell her to other traffickers. But all the heat from the publicity made it impossible and they were stuck trying to figure out what to do next. Eventually they beat her out of anger and tossed her out of the moving car.

Does anyone else find it extraordinarily convenient that some well-to-do benefactor (who doesn't even know the Papini family, allegedly) would contact CG, of all people, and say "you, you da man, I want you and your expertise to be all over this case - and here's a pile of money - go do your thing!" (or however Mr. A. Donor worded it).

Not only did he conveniently contact CG, who just happens to live in Redding and who just happens to "specialize" in all this sort of sordid business he registered the web site and a google email for his contact.

Especially when you add in the fact that CG was contacted/recruited by a family friend to help out. Then, in addition to that an anonymous benefactor ALSO appears?

Reminds me of a hardy boys mystery

&#10084;

Any chance ransom was paid, police were left out of the loop, and part of the deal was for Sherri to say two Hispanic women kidnapped her, even though that is not the true description of her kidnappers?

I also think the police and KP had some other clue she was kidnapped right from the start, but feel that releasing that clue would do more harm than good.

Possible, but I can't see any kind of ransom scenario going down where the kidnappers receive the money prior to the release of the victim. All stories being told of her release don't support this, unless the story of how her release transpired is a fabrication/part of the deal.

LE would need probable cause to get a judge to sign a warrant. Is creating a website to promote a ransom a crime? Is there any evidence that the anonymous donor had anything to do with Sherri's abduction? JMO

RANCH, I'm sure you remember the Lisa Irwin case. Lisa, a toddler, allegedly taken from her crib at night. An anonymous benefactor offered a $100,000 reward for her return.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44908162/...reward-lisa-irwin-disappearance/#.WERdiLIrJ0w

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. — An anonymous donor has offered a $100,000 reward for the return of a missing Kansas City baby or information that leads to the conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance, according to a security consultant who says the donor also hired him to get involved in the case.

Bill Stanton, a New York-based security consultant for television networks, refused Friday to say who the donor was or how the reward would be administered.
Stanton, 47, also has not been clear about his role in Lisa Irwin's disappearance, often referring to himself as a private investigator, but then saying he is in Kansas City as a consultant."

Anonymous benefactor + security consultant, sound familiar?

For anyone who missed the 20/20 episode it is on demand if you have it. It's listed as S40 Episode 1982

One thing I can't get out of my mind...it would be very easy to deflect the idea of a hoax by releasing pictures of her injuries. Originally, I thought perhaps this hadn't been done because the "brand" was on her face, but KP stated it isn't. I understand the desire for privacy, and perhaps some ego involved in not wanting to be seen in an unattractive way, but it would go a long way to hushing the rumors.

I haven't been able to find any statements about why they would or wouldn't want to release pics of her injuries. Has anyone else read statements on this topic?

People would just say they were faked or photoshopped.

And I do hear an F sound, but still think he said metal. Actually, I think he said "metalf!" :)

You hear "metal-f".

Then he cuts short and says, "Sorry. Chains."

What was he going to say after metal?

File? Fastener?

A branding tool .... hmmmm.

You hear "metal-f".

File? Fastener?

i didn't really think anything of that..chains are silver and I can see where you could slip up and say metal , especially when you're nervous or on edge.

You hear "metal-f".

File? Fastener?

That's true. According to MG in the Facebook video, it sounds like the sheriff is holding back one piece of information. Maybe it's connected to how she was restrained

&#10084;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member