Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RANCH, I'm sure you remember the Lisa Irwin case. Lisa, a toddler, allegedly taken from her crib at night. An anonymous benefactor offered a $100,000 reward for her return.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44908162/...reward-lisa-irwin-disappearance/#.WERdiLIrJ0w

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. — An anonymous donor has offered a $100,000 reward for the return of a missing Kansas City baby or information that leads to the conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance, according to a security consultant who says the donor also hired him to get involved in the case.

Bill Stanton, a New York-based security consultant for television networks, refused Friday to say who the donor was or how the reward would be administered.
Stanton, 47, also has not been clear about his role in Lisa Irwin's disappearance, often referring to himself as a private investigator, but then saying he is in Kansas City as a consultant."

Anonymous benefactor + security consultant, sound familiar?

Yes. It sounds familiar.

You hear "metal-f".

Then he cuts short and says, "Sorry. Chains."

What was he going to say after metal?

File? Fastener?

A branding tool .... hmmmm.
I would guess he was going to say metal fasteners (i.e. hose clamps) but may have been asked not to say that. I can't remember if WS is the only place I've read that, although I am certain that is what the officer said.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Oh I agree about LE. I was really just thinking from the standpoint of the family trying to quash rumors. I was wondering if anyone had seen this referenced anywhere. I haven't.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

I understand your point. CHP reported a visual "heavily battered" assessment, Shafta Officer's saw her and 20/20 reporter mentioned pictures. That's all I've read so far.

No, not according to the video interview MG did on Facebook. See the referencing post...he states nobody has been excluded, including KP and SP

I erased the episode after I watched it, but I stand by what I heard aired during the episode. They cleared Keith. Not looking at it being a hoax or him harming her.

Do you know what the motive was in that case?

No, it hasn't been released. I found it interesting to look at the early coverage of the crime before any arrests were made and see how much or how little information LE made public compared to the SP case.

I just looked at famous kidnapping cases where the victim survived. Most are to do with ransom or sexual predators. The one that doesn't fit, is the Patty Hearst case. I am not clear on motive, but she was also locked up and battered, until she became brainwashed to help the terrorist group that captured her. What if someone was trying to brainwash Sherri for some specific reason, and then realized they were not going to achieve that as she refused to succumb.

Other thoughts: Was this kidnapping meant to extort something other than money, from a person close to Sherri? Is there anyone close to her who is influential in any way? Maybe those demands were made and we are just not aware. Or, maybe Sherri was meant to be neutralized for a period to prevent her from doing something that she was planning during that time?

I guess the branding and cutting of her hair could have been a deliberate strategy to make her abduction look like something it's not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Patty Hearst was kidnapped initially for ransom. She was a rich newspaper heiress- Hearst Newspapers. She was also an easy target. I think she was a college student living in an apartment, and therefore psychologically vulnerable to the radical theories of the eco-terrorist group The Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA). She may also havve bonded with her captors, as she reverted back to her wealthy lifestyle after she was freed.

Does anyone else think there may have been a note left with the phone?

That's an interesting idea. If not a note, something KP wanted to preserve. His wife hadn't bee missing very long. I can't imagine the phone by itself suggesting "crime scene" and inspiring the need for a photographic record.

RANCH, I'm sure you remember the Lisa Irwin case. Lisa, a toddler, allegedly taken from her crib at night. An anonymous benefactor offered a $100,000 reward for her return.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44908162/...reward-lisa-irwin-disappearance/#.WERdiLIrJ0w

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. — An anonymous donor has offered a $100,000 reward for the return of a missing Kansas City baby or information that leads to the conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance, according to a security consultant who says the donor also hired him to get involved in the case.

Bill Stanton, a New York-based security consultant for television networks, refused Friday to say who the donor was or how the reward would be administered.
Stanton, 47, also has not been clear about his role in Lisa Irwin's disappearance, often referring to himself as a private investigator, but then saying he is in Kansas City as a consultant."

Anonymous benefactor + security consultant, sound familiar?

Ooh, interesting! Good find :)

Hello. I came across info on social media and wanted to share. The family is still receiving donations. The lady who connected CG with KP in the first place was a friend of CG, this lady's husband was in the Air Force..so perhaps knew CG that way? Donations are being set up through her for the family.

I feel that perhaps the ransom did play a part in getting sp returned since she was returned immediately after it was offered.

if that's the case, it makes sense that they'd kind of let it drop since the abductors were told no police would be involved.

still so many things not making sense with this. Had police offered a little more info and transparency from the beginning then perhaps this scandal and hoax stuff would have been put to rest.

i personally still feel something is a little off with this case and can't help but feel that way so LE hasn't really provided much info or done much to squash the tumors.

it is sad that victims, if they truly are, are getting this much grief over this.

Of course the family was worried it was something much more serious than kidnapping (murder). But if she was alive it was an abduction for some reason.

If she was still alive, the reverse ransom idea was just one more way to try to get Sherri home. KP did work very closely with the proper authorities!

The family raised 50k for information leading to Sherri's safe return prior to the anonymous donor/CG ever entering the stage.

I'm not seeing that you're a verified insider, but what you are saying doesn't appear to match what's been reported. The family announced the $50K on 11/5 and the donor came up on 11/6. On what precise date are you saying the family raised the $50K and on what precise date are you claiming CG/donor entered the picture? There's some extremely tight timelines whether the family raised $50K on 11/5 or if they had raised that amount between 11/2 and 11/4 and there is also the matter of lead times for CG to get hired, run it by the Papinis and have tens of thousands of dollars cash on hand from donor by 11/6.

BBM - With all due respect, this sounds like siccing the dogs on someone. I'm no fan of this man's approach. But he did not insert himself into the case. By all accounts, the Papinis contacted him (likely out of sheer desperation).

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/ransom-negotiator-offers-reward-for-sherri-papinin-s-return/

This man was part of a team of investigators, and attorneys. KP called them an "A Team", and see nothing wrong with this family excepting good professionay help to bring SP home safe.

If one of my loved one had been kidnapped, I would pee all over the top of a spark plug if I thought it would help.

I honestly believe that Gamble and his team is why SP was released. If not for him, I think everyone would still be scratching their heads, and wondering if an abduction even took place. I like how Gamble came right out and said he was 100% sure of it. Also he laid a great deal of pressure on these two women perps.

Hmm. About 45 seconds in reporter asks if Mayor thinks people in community are concerned about the kidnappers, and Mayor replies, "no I don't think people are concerned with those two particular kidnappers". Really?
This sounds to me like it's more about protecting the reputation of the community ("look at those hoaxers!"). There has been a lot of negative press regarding crime in Redding. Nobody has even touched on the meth lab problem in norcal yet (not that I think there is a connection here). Having lived in the area for decades, I can understand coming from a point of defensiveness. It's hardly the idyllic mountain community the chamber of Commerce would like us to think it is.

I have no desire to see photographs of her injuries. My imagination is vivid enough. Shudder.

Seriously, what next... People demanding to see video of someone being raped or it didn't happen? :notgood:

closing because I need to catch up and tidy up a bit. Give me five and it will reopen

Some posts have been removed. You are here to discuss this case. You are not to discuss, admonish, or "read" one another.

Knock off the bickering or this thread will be closed for review rather than cleanup and I guarantee it will be longer than a few minutes.

In my opinion this has to be a personal revenge case. If the detail released are true, than they have done an excellent job planning and covering their tracks as far as we know. They knew her routine on a rural road. They seemed to avoid all cameras. Also I believe she was abducted at gun point and told to place the phone down slowly (no suspect finger prints), but I'll add if I came across an iPhone in the road, I'd tidy it up and place it on the side knowing most people would track its whereabouts, so maybe that happened. IMO someone orchestrated this attack on SP and it was well planned. It would be convienent if it was CG, boy is he a blast to sleuth, but I think he's just an opportunist.

I noticed that both SP and KP are interested in protecting their family with firearms and prepping. While I find nothing odd about this, it seems she was looking around for clothing for concealed weapons, and it makes me wonder if they or maybe just she, felt the need to protect herself due to a threat of sorts. This would help me understand why KP immediately knew this was a kidnapping. Again, not indicating any wrong doing by the victims.

If it was orchestrated by a 3rd party, I wonder if the 3rd party became anxious as the reward grew and became available for any information and had the women dump SP. Although it seems to be that they released her on Thanksgiving for a purpose too, IMO. I know it takes 21 days/3 weeks to make or break a habit. Just a fun fact, only possibly relevant.

I do believe much is withheld from us, but not because it's a hoax. I just can't figure out the reason. I think the group of people is possibly extremely dangerous and something bigger may be going on. I wonder if they will end up in witness Protection..

I still don't discount that the ransom was put up by the abductors, but I can't back that up with a Why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper