Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to go back to the beginning of this case when she first was reported missing to see if there are any clues that can be gained about the perps now that we know some details of when she was found on the highway.

The one thing I noticed in this link from the Northern California Alliance for the Missing that they posted on Nov 24th. Their missing post indicates

"Sheri was last seen on 11/2 on Sunrise Drive approximately 2PM wearing a pink running outfit"

https://twitter.com/NorCalAlliance1

So wondering did someone actually see her jogging out of her community towards the mailbox in the pink outfit?

When she was found did we ever hear if she still had on the pink running outfit or what she was wearing?

If different clothes then LE may be able to track the purchase of the different clothes because the perps would have had to have given the clothes to her.

The woman who called nine-one-one after seeing Sherri on the highway, do you think she'll get a reward?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My opinion is this wasn't random.
If so, there'd already be sketches out.

I remember a couple of cases I read about here on WS where LE or medical staff released graphic photos of injuries onto the internet, and as a result people lost their jobs and the victim received a lot of compensation. They are not allowed to do that.

One was a case where a teenager died in a car crash and pictures were released of her body in the car. Another was a case where a woman with severe mental illness had a psychotic break and stabbed her own eyes. The pictures circulated the internet, people made them into jokes and memes and said vile things about the victims, and years later the pictures still circulate despite the efforts of the families. Very, very sad :( :( :(

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?57313-CA-Nikki-Catsouras-death-photos-leaked

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-sues-man-hospital-for-photo-that-went-viral

Plus even if KP and SP wanted to released pictures, I'm sure LE have told them not to. The Sheriff was put out by KP even releasing a basic description of the injuries, so I'm sure he'd be dead against any pictures being released.

http://www.redding.com/news/local/t...8a-5a9d-33bb-e053-0100007f19c1-404521786.html

Timeline shows key events in Sherri Papini case
Posted: Yesterday 6:00 p.m

snippet:

"Nov. 17
Sheriff Tom Bosenko says there still is not enough evidence to classify the disappearance as an abduction and cautions the approach could make the family a target of scam artists. Gamble that evening posts a video on the new website and YouTube pleading for Sherri Papini's return."

Link has a pretty good timeline for anyone interested.

I was trying to go back to the beginning of this case when she first was reported missing to see if there are any clues that can be gained about the perps now that we know some details of when she was found on the highway.

The one thing I noticed in this link from the Northern California Alliance for the Missing that they posted on Nov 24th. Their missing post indicates

"Sheri was last seen on 11/2 on Sunrise Drive approximately 2PM wearing a pink running outfit"

So wondering did someone actually see her jogging out of her community towards the mailbox in the pink outfit?

When she was found did we ever hear if she still had on the pink running outfit or what she was wearing?

If different clothes then LE may be able to track the purchase of the different clothes because the perps would have had to have given the clothes to her.
I've wondered about the clothes, too. I have not seen any reports that describe what she was wearing when she was found. Maybe someone else has?

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

Interesting theory.

I'm not sure why the abductors would have assumed the burden/risk of holding on to SP for 3 weeks, torturing her and branding her if they had intended to sell her and quickly discovered there was no market though.

I imagine it would have been much easier and less risky for them to cut their losses and have killed or released her quickly?

All true. But criminals are often stupid. And 22 days goes pretty fast when faced with a serious dilemma. It probably took at least a week to figure out their first choice of 'buyer' was not going to take her. So now what?

She is chained in a dark basement. Costs little or nothing to care for her. Just leave her be with water and bread. No energy or resources needed to leave her there while they try to figure out their next move.

They may have branded her at the start when they thought their buyer was going to accept her?

I don't think it was that difficult to have a woman chained up in the basement. Especially if it was in an abandoned home that was not traced back to them.

Many hospital beds include weighing options don't they? Maybethat'sjust in nursing homes.

Same. Not a nurse, but never weighed in the ER. Don't recall being asked my weight either.

If you were presented with someone who had been starved for weeks and appeared to have lost significant weight, you wouldn't weigh her/him?

I've taken my own dad to the emergency room, and he's been weighed every time. His issues are with dehydration, and other times with swelling. I took my toddler son to the ER for a stomach virus, and subsequent dehydration, and he was weighed.

I would think if you presented at the ER with a broken arm, maybe weight wouldn't be an issue.

I think that would be a bit invasive just to quench the media and the bystanders (WS'ers included!) curiosity. LE must have taken the appropriate measures to gather medical assessment (re: injuries, etc) and forensic evidence (<< as in photographs).

As much as I understand folks' need to know, and the weirdness of all of this, I myself, being from a rather private family, can honestly say that I can't see any of us releasing photos unless we truly thought it would aid in apprehending the assailant(s). Well, there's always that ONE family member... but otherwise, no.

When she was last seen has been one the fuzzy things that I still don't think has been cleared up. She was reported as having been seen jogging at times from 11-2 and I still am not sure that we know that either or both were correct.

I'm in the Uk but yes I've been weighed rather than asked my weight in hospital.

Me too. I've been under their care for close to 40 yrs, I've never ever been asked my weight. I always get weighed by them, and when I was younger measured too. One time they measured my height and said oh you've grown you're 6 feet now (I was early 20's and 5' 6" fully grown) I said I think you better check again!

O/T but I just read that our dear friend gitana's sister in law is missing and unaccounted for at the club fire in Oakland. If you are inclined to do so can I ask you say a little prayer for our friend and her family? Thank you

Most LE probably have access to a database of various signs, tattoes, and any knowing branding of gangs, etc...so, Imo, either they have an idea of the background of the perps, or the branding was not specific or helpful in any way.

But I hope it is eventually clear why LE is, Imo, downplaying the threat of these perps to the community.

Same. Not a nurse, but never weighed in the ER. Don't recall being asked my weight either.

Some of the newer hospital beds are now equipped to show your weight.

1st. Post and a billion to read. Great sight, and mods look hard at work.

Here is a quick Theory, and its just that.
What ever it turns out to be, Thank God she is safe, and was able to return to her loving family.

In this case what can drive women to such evil acts.

1. Sherri Papini was possibly having an affair with someones husband/BF(People make mistakes)???????
2. Keith Papini did not know(maybe he suspected something and this could be reason for tracking app).
3. Enraged the persons wife/GF when they found out. They knew where they where going, maybe even watched her ahead of time.
4. They abducted her to teach her a lesson. They beat her(anger), burned/branded her(punish her for life(ugliness/reminder/extreme pain), cut her hair(can be very cruel,stripping her identity).
5. They didn't know what they where going to do with her. Kill her maybe, or just torture her. Keep The Mask On, talk very little, and curse at her in English(heavy accent)
6. They humiliated Sherri, and maybe some threats against her children.

If Keith Papini does not know. Sherri Papini could be scared to tell the police, because that would mean telling the husband(what does this do to marriage, and children).
This could possibly lead to the sketchy details, and people thinking there is something wrong with the story, because she is afraid of the outcome.

That reminds me of the book 'before I go to sleep' without the amnesia part. I think it could be something like this or an obsessive stalker.

I would think being weighed is standard protocol so they can know how to dose you if meds were needed.

I have my doubts about a lot of this and I'm not a troll and your comments are offensive to me.

Who are you to tell people how to think?

I concur with your post.

How to you know that all people who think hoax are saying those things?

There may be a lot of people who think hoax but are staying within the TOS.

This is a complex case with plenty of facts. Until facts are proven or certified by LE, they are subject to speculation, inquiries and opinion within the TOS. Some people take facts at heart; others, chose to remain skeptical, critical and objective. It's a personal choice; hence, no need to be disrespectful if our point of view differs.

Regardless of the how's, the who's and the why's; this is a sad tragedy. We all want the same thing: justice for the victim(s) and jail for the sick perpetrators.

Imo Garcia comes off as shady as CG in his interviews. The PI from Campbell, CA who brought in former FBI strikes me as a lot more credible. IIRC Garcia approached the family, they didn't approach him. I may be off on that, though

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/...vestigator-helped-in-search-for-sherri-papini

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

About showing the brand on SP, if this has already been mentioned, sry, these posts are hard to keep up with!

Haven't read anything, but could it be the brand/message identifies a known person or group?

There are recognized taggers where I live with their marks or phrases in various parts of town regularly being painted over. And depending on location on SP could that clarify what the sheriff said was the message? Just grasping at straws here...

MHOO

I'm not understanding the importance of seeing the brand.
Not directed at you, but whose business is it what it says? She's got one. The sheriff confirmed it. It's now a scar and an identifier on her person. If she doesn't want anyone to know what it says, then that's it. I doubt the info will come out. She has a right to her privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member