Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not understanding the importance of seeing the brand.
Not directed at you, but whose business is it what it says? She's got one. The sheriff confirmed it. It's now a scar and an identifier on her person. If she doesn't want anyone to know what it says, then that's it. I doubt the info will come out. She has a right to her privacy.

No, I think there's a reason why it's message and location is being kept quiet. You are right, we the public have no business to see. I think that is why the divulging of the brand didn't make the sheriff happy. It's important, not that a pic needs to be shown to the world.
jMHOO

Good catch. He has an Associates degree in Administration of Justice. Not sure what that entails though.

http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/breaking-news/keith-papini-jogger-sherri-papinis-husband/

ETA: From google "An administration of justice degree is normally designed to give students the tools for a career in law enforcement or corrections."
At California community colleges this is basically preparation to go into law enforcement. On the Facebook live video with Matt Gutman he mentioned that KP has a lot of friends in LE

(I did my GE at a CA community college near Redding, the A of J programs are pretty big in that area, and required if one wants to apply for an LE position with PD or county sheriff in most norcal counties)

Link to definition:
http://study.com/what_can_you_do_with_a_degree_in_administration_of_justice.html

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

But why Sherri, specifically? I'm sure there are lots of pretty blondes, and I don't recall another case like this. Do you think this was about Sherri herself? Someone hates her? I could see that as a motive ...

Yes I have said that from. Day one here .
Someone hates her.

Now is she as beautiful inside as out.

About the weight thing. I looked it up on th body mass calculator, and according to that at 100lbs a woman of SP'S is slightly underweight. So at 87lbs I should think she looked very underweight, visibly underweight to the hospital staff, so they would have good reason to weigh her.

I don't have a link, but thought I heard on a news video somewhere that KP had some sort of a Justice degree. Maybe that's why the immediate thought of not touching SP phone and taking pics instead? He'd had some sort of criminal justice course in the past?

I've searched and cant find a link, so feel free to delete if necessary, but I thought it was included in background on SP and KP.

That might be the reason, but I don't understand how taking pics helps. The only evidentiary value on the phone would be DNA or fingerprints.

But why Sherri, specifically? I'm sure there are lots of pretty blondes, and I don't recall another case like this. Do you think this was about Sherri herself? Someone hates her? I could see that as a motive ...

Now hoax is off the table, I think that's the most likely explanation yes.That Sherri did or said something that upset or angered somebody to the point that they sought revenge. And with her online presence they may never have even met before; it may have all stemmed from something posted online.

About the weight thing. I looked it up on th body mass calculator, and according to that at 100lbs a woman of SP'S is slightly underweight. So at 87lbs I should think she looked very underweight, visibly underweight to the hospital staff, so they would have good reason to weigh her.

I'm almost certain they would have weighed her. I'm not sure how tall Sherri is but I'm 5' 6" and I was doing some clearing out this week and found some photos, I found one from when I was pretty sick, and I weighed 70lbs, I looked half dead tbh

That might be the reason, but I don't understand how taking pics helps. The only evidentiary value on the phone would be DNA or fingerprints.

A phone placed there has evidentiary value, IMHO. It IS different if it's "placed" rather than "dropped".

I think I could guess what the brand says and the reason they can't show it is pretty obvious, I don't want to say what it is but think or a four letter slur on a woman by two jealous female kidnappers, just a guess people.
She is a very pretty woman also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, so how was it picked up, by something in the car? So much is unknown.

Not pointing any fingers, just wondering how that seems to be often referred to in the chain of events, how the phone was found.

JmHOO

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. If you wanted to anonymously offer $50K for the return of a stranger (and I do get the motivation to do that - people do anonymously donate to causes that catch their heartstrings), wouldn't you go about it just that way? Find someone in the Redding area, with this expertise? It did take a full 15 days for this to happen - so it isn't as if it happened within a half hour. I could find someone whose business is negotiations and finance who could reasonably represent my offer of reward money in that amount of time. It isn't as if the benefactor was on an airplane and randomly said to the person next to him "boy I would sure like to anonymously donate to a ransom for that Papini woman" and the traveller next to him JUST HAPPENED to be expert at it.

This doesn't seem to be a convenient coincidence at all - but rather, the benefactor put some effort into locating someone who was experienced at this, and contacted him.

Your timeline for CG's involvement is off. SP was reported kidnapped on the evening of 11/2 and the ransom was floated by 11/6, so it is as if it happened within half an hour so to speak when KP hadn't been cleared yet and LE was still doing searches:
KRCR first received this letter in an email from bringsherrihome@gmail.com, sent on November 6. In that email, the anonymous source said they were willing to provide proof that they had that kind of money available and were willing to release bank statements showing such. KRCR was unable to confirm the letter was from a legitimate source, and chose not to make the letter public at that time.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851
Also said ransom expert happened to be only one degree removed from the Papinis:
Gamble said he’s not actually the person offering the reward, though he would facilitate the transaction. Instead, he says an out-of-town man approached a mutual friend of his and Papini’s and offered to provide a cash ransom in the hopes it would bring the young woman home.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article116329608.html#storylink=cpy
So it is awfully convenient that a ransom was immediately offered and the ransom negotiator has a mutual friend of the victims.

A big reward needs to be offered right now for anyone with information that leads to an arrest. Assuming the 2 Hispanic women scenario is true, SOMEONE else knows about it. It's ridiculous that LE is not releasing more information, even if it's just about the style of the SUV, or anything about the interior of the SUV.

KP suggested in the 20/20 interview that finding the perps right now is secondary to his relief that his wife is home. Someone needs to start caring more before this case fades into the background and NO arrests are ever made.

In one of his recent press conferences, the sheriff confirmed that SP was shown footage of the dark SUVs captured on video in the area (I'm not sure if the video was from the abduction area or the release area). She told investigators that none of them was a match.

He also said that SP couldn't recall many details of her ordeal, and he explained that was not uncommon for trauma victims (my paraphrase).

I'm glad LE isn't releasing misinformation that could do more harm than good. The sheriff has told the public to remain cautious after providing what Sherri was able to tell him about the abductors' and the vehicle's descriptions. Maybe he knows more, but I don't have reason to assume that he would hold back on those types of details.

Personally, I'm not regarding what the 20 / 20 reporter said on Facebook as fact/evidence. But, even if it is, the only additional point in that account which LE hasn't released publicly is that the abductors forced Sherri into the dark SUV at gunpoint. The public was already informed that SP said she was abducted by a pair of armed Hispanic women in a dark SUV.

I think I could guess what the brand says and the reason they can't show it is pretty obvious, I don't want to say what it is but think or a four letter slur on a woman by two jealous female kidnappers, just a guess people.
She is a very pretty woman also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be but it could be any number of things, could be related to her heritage or her beliefs or the kidnappers' beliefs.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. If you wanted to anonymously offer $50K for the return of a stranger (and I do get the motivation to do that - people do anonymously donate to causes that catch their heartstrings), wouldn't you go about it just that way? Find someone in the Redding area, with this expertise? It did take a full 15 days for this to happen - so it isn't as if it happened within a half hour. I could find someone whose business is negotiations and finance who could reasonably represent my offer of reward money in that amount of time. It isn't as if the benefactor was on an airplane and randomly said to the person next to him "boy I would sure like to anonymously donate to a ransom for that Papini woman" and the traveller next to him JUST HAPPENED to be expert at it.

This doesn't seem to be a convenient coincidence at all - but rather, the benefactor put some effort into locating someone who was experienced at this, and contacted him.
Respectfully disagree. The "ransom" letter originally got to the press on November 6th. That is prior to the searches by family even being stopped. It makes no sense to me that an anonymous donor appeared so early. Go through the missing cases here. Lots of very pretty girls missing. No anonymous donors.

LE and/or the family had to know more to stop those searches and say she was no longer in the area. The donor may have requested public anonymity but that doesn't mean that he isn't known to some, if not all, of the family.

There is more. We just don't have the details.

I think Sherri was a victim. Someone chose her to be one.

JMO.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Agree. It would've been so easy to conceal her in a basement, possibly even in a stash house equipped with sound-proof areas where the conditioning could be done. I'm not sure what it's going to take to dispel these myths regarding trafficking. As a side note, there are many celebrities that are aware, including Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore who founded Thorn. I think AK was born in Iowa, though, so no English connection. Just showing that there are plenty of affluent people who do support trafficking victims. MOO

In 2008, Kutcher started an organization with his ex-wife Demi Moore called Thorn. Thorn’s mission is to eliminate the sex-trafficking and child exploitation over the internet.Since their debut, the company has identified and rescued over 6,000 trafficking victims and captured 2,000 traffickers.
http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/6000...-rescued-thanks-ashton-kutchers-organization/

They wouldn't have to wear masks, if at all, very often. If SP was chained in the dark basement, then all the perp had to do was slip on a bandanna over the face when carrying some bread and water downstairs, every few days.

Perhaps their motive was to sell her to other traffickers. But all the heat from the publicity made it impossible and they were stuck trying to figure out what to do next. Eventually they beat her out of anger and tossed her out of the moving car.

Why "two" jealous kidnappers? In what scenario are two women jealous of her? She was having affairs with two different men?

I'm almost certain they would have weighed her. I'm not sure how tall Sherri is but I'm 5' 6" and I was doing some clearing out this week and found some photos, I found one from when I was pretty sick, and I weighed 70lbs, I looked half dead tbh

Yikes.

Just throwing it out there that Sherri's weight was listed as 100 pounds on all flyers, etc. Doesn't mean that was a true/current weight. I don't think her captors had her do a weigh-in prior to snatching her, then reported her pre-kidnap weight. It's possible that was an estimate and she didn't actually lose quite as much weight as is being reported. She's an extremely thin woman, even with the camera adding ten pounds.

MOO.

Many hospital beds include weighing options don't they? Maybethat'sjust in nursing homes.

The bed my husband was in did, when he was in ICU. It was how they determined his weight for medication purposes.

Agree. It would've been so easy to conceal her in a basement, possibly even in a stash house equipped with sound-proof areas where the conditioning could be done. I'm not sure what it's going to take to dispel these myths regarding trafficking. As a side note, there are many celebrities that are aware, including Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore who founded Thorn. I think AK was born in Iowa, though, so no English connection. Just showing that there are plenty of affluent people who do support trafficking victims. MOO

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/6000...-rescued-thanks-ashton-kutchers-organization/

I don't think anyone's disputing that sex trafficking exists. Just that Sherri doesn't fit the typical profile, nor can anyone provide any similar case where a white nearly middle aged mother was snatched off the street in suburbia for the purposes of sex trafficking. I'd be more likely to believe that as a scenario if it was even a "thing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper