Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not caught up, but probably the BIGGEST question I have right now is...WHY DIDNT KIDNAPPERS TAKE THE MONEY OFFERED?????

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

the simplest answer would be that they were not motivated by money. or if they were, that their fear of being caught outweighed their desire for the money.

Who signs up for Gamble's survivor training ordeals? In Redding CA, for crying out loud!

I was wondering the same thing. I actually have a mutual friend with one of the reviewers (have I said that already? If so, sorry) which is pretty random because neither of us live anywhere near Redding, CA. But, if this reviewer is anything like my friend and me, we don't live a lifestyle even remotely typical of what you'd think someone who needs kidnap training would lead.

Who signs up for Gamble's survivor training ordeals? In Redding CA, for crying out loud!

Might have a lot of interest from middle aged blondes now. My guess is his fees just went up.

From the 20/20 one thing that jumped at me what the characterization of the "reverse ransom" or whatever after it "expired" at 5AM the day before Thanksgiving.

The word used in the show to characterize it after that point was "bounty". As CG said on his video then, now the whole world is looking for you (which was hyperbolic as the whole world had no clue who took SP at that point, but whatever). The implication was that fearing the bounty on their heads the abductors dropped SP right quick the very next day.

Anyway the word "bounty" struck me and I predict we will see CG use it again as he continues to make the most of his involvement in this case and "brand" his expertise and services.

Someone implied it was probably two jealous women who did this, consistent with the victim's claims about what happened. I was only pointing out that it's highly improbable that two women were jealous of her, because that would imply she was seeing two other men. And their wives or girlfriends found out, got together, and crafted this ridiculous idea to kidnap her for 3 weeks... My point was that this makes no sense.

As to someone wanting to take away her seemingly perfect life, well... Let's just say this is the type of script that could only get approved in Hollywood during a writers' strike. Because it's too unbelievable.

Jealousy doesn't automatically involve a man though.Two women could both be jealous of other things...though personally I think it would make more sense if this was a crime of revenge, commited by people who felt personally slighted by Sherri.

I was wondering the same thing. I actually have a mutual friend with one of the reviewers (have I said that already? If so, sorry) which is pretty random because neither of us live anywhere near Redding, CA. But, if this reviewer is anything like my friend and me, we don't live a lifestyle even remotely typical of what you'd think someone who needs kidnap training would lead.
I would be interested to hear their reasons for taking the course...

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

Posting this with a link, please listen 10-15 secs in, KP appears to say "MILF" but corrects himself to chains. At first I thought he said metal, but now I'm thinking he said MILF and quickly says "sorry".

[video=youtube;SYPv0qertak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYPv0qertak[/video]

He says metal. The part I find weird is the "that is correct" after he lists how she was bound into the car. JMO

Just a quick PSA ... I know this feature was mentioned about a gazillion threads past, but I encourage everyone to explore emergency features on their phone.

Mine is an android, and I went under settings to emergency and set it to contact my husband. I tested it the other night. I tap my power button three times quick, and it sent him an SOS message. Even though I didn't have my GPS on, it sent him my exact location, a picture from both the front and back of the phone and a short audio clip. Pretty cool.
This sounds great. I couldn't find an emergency setting in settings on my droid turbo. Is it an app?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't think there is anything unusual about photos of SP's injuries NOT being released to the public. What on earth would be the purpose other than to feed people's "curiosity" about this case. uggh.
Exactly. The photo evidence exists, reporter/s have seen them + commented on the severity of injuries as they saw them. Good enough. I'll put my trust in LE + the people who were THERE, not some internet surfer's opinion of what they look like (if they were released). Bless SP + her family, especially her children. I hope they do get some privacy + time to begin a lifetime of healing.

Speaking for myself, I'd think twice before I posted on the Interwebs that I "assist in kidnapping and ransom ... at a 100% success rate."

I'm just kidding around a little.

More seriously, can anyone name another kidnapping case, aside from this one, in which CG assisted?

I'm sure all of this has been posted, but I'm still a few threads + at least 800 posts behind. I read some back there, some up here + let us pretend I'm caught up :gaah:
https://webcache.googleusercontent....will-not-be-shaken/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
CG's words quoted below from the link above.
I got a worried phone call in the middle of the night from Mike Cruz, a pastor and friend at a local church, The Stirring. He asked if there was any way I could travel down to Mexico to help out a young family. Caesar, a worship pastor, and his brother had been kidnapped and the family was in the middle of negotiations with his captors, but felt like they needed additional support. In my line of work, I sadly see these situations often and they are often very difficult to resolve. Almost immediately I said yes and hopped on a plane.
A couple of days later, we were in the middle of negotiations with Caesar’s captors. Daniella and I had the Bible open and as we listened to the negotiations, we began walking through the room praying. I remember looking over and seeing the words to “We Will Not Be Shaken” suddenly appear all over the walls.
Very uncharacteristically, the negotiations went smoothly, and after ten days, Caesar and his brother were released for a very reasonable ransom.
I had this whole post all typed out, "submit" = thread closed = :tantrum:
Please forgive the length of this one as I've tried to post for days + clearly not in the right time zone - if the thread is open, I'm at "werk", if I'm free to post, it is locked.

Approximately 1273 pages ago there was a link which led to something written in regards to CG + the "anonymous" donor. It spelled out exactly who the donor was + who they were known to prior to SP being taken + why they had offered up $ so quickly as they did. I raced back to the thread, scrolled, skimmed, fast forwarded = not a single word of discussion in regards to that. This made me assume the link was not acceptable by WS standards or discussion of such violated TOS or it was just general poop on the internet. So for once I shut my ever loving mouth + stewed on the idea with google + hard liquor on ice.

I've had no luck recalling that link so I will not spell it out. It (TO ME) explained almost every single thing that "seems" to not make sense in this case, IF one put it together with what is known about CG + his timeline in regards to SP's being taken + held captive + her ultimate return to her family. It shed a great deal of light on why LE would be saying (or not saying) things as they have. Made perfect sense of why there is no "public panic" or severe caution being issued to others at risk.

IMOO - because there is no risk + LE knows exactly what / who they are hunting + they don't particularly want the game to know they are tracking the hot trail. Better for them to think they really have no good description of the perp/s or any real idea of where SP was taken to or any details of well anything. See, we're just Barney Fife + Andy over here relying on Aunt Bee for crumbs she overheard at the grocery store. We surely are not sniffing down your rabbit hole. Because criminals + their "friends" never read on the internet right? JMO naturally. IIRC, FBI came in early on. For all the cases I've followed, FBI do not make public announcements / updates, they like to do their work, "quietly". They tend to "follow the money". I suspect they know exactly who the anonymous donor is + have known for quite some time.

In case I haven't made this clear - ALL MOO + any TOS violations would've had nothing to do with victim bashing, but with links not allowed or POI not yet named. I'm unclear on exactly what can be said at any time about anyone who looks shady hovering around any case, so I err on the side of caution until ya'll start posting about what I'm also thinking. Doesn't slow me down from digging + stewing on it though!

Someone implied it was probably two jealous women who did this, consistent with the victim's claims about "two Hispanic women". I was only pointing out that it's highly improbable that two women were jealous of her, because that would imply she was seeing two other men. And their wives or girlfriends found out, got together, and crafted this ridiculous idea to kidnap her for 3 weeks... My point was that this makes no sense.

As to someone wanting to take away her seemingly perfect life, well... Let's just say this is the type of script that could only get approved in Hollywood during a writers' strike. Because it's too unbelievable.
I think a case could be made, if you were inclined to accept a jealousy or even revenge theory, of a mother/daughter team. Perhaps one or both involved with a group where this type of action might be used in a different context, i.e. trafficking.

I have said before that I believe they realized she was either going to die in captivity or they had to either kill her or let her go. I'm thinking one of them couldn't or wouldn't kill her.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

He speaks like LE.
He says things like correct and vehicle.

Vs. what I would say..

Car.... truck... SUV

I actually thought that was very interesting. Everyone is different, but if I was very emotional I would have said whether it was a car or a truck or an SUV. I would have never thought to use the word vehicle.

Thank you for allowing some more discussion of CG’s role as a consultant in this case.

First, if I may, I’d like to repeat a question I asked on an earlier thread, because I don’t think anyone posted an answer. How did CG know, in his November 22 video message to the kidnappers, that there were multiple—at least two—kidnappers? See thread 15 post 749 for some more detail on this. No one else knew until November 24.

Second, to understand CG’s present-day work, it’s interesting to note that it is based on the US military’s SERE training, as his Rotary Club bio makes clear:

http://www.directory-online.com/Rotary/Accounts/5160/Downloads/0/July 2013 news/project taken.pdf

Coincidentally, in a case chock full of coincidences, a SERE training regimen lasts … three weeks. Source follows.

https://www.army.mil/article/138765/SERE_training_develops_leaders_for_complex_environment

I believe this is very significant.

JMO, IMHO, etc.

I don't think anyone's disputing that sex trafficking exists. Just that Sherri doesn't fit the typical profile, nor can anyone provide any similar case where a white nearly middle aged mother was snatched off the street in suburbia for the purposes of sex trafficking. I'd be more likely to believe that as a scenario if it was even a "thing."

Sex traffickers are not going to mess up her face, either. There's just no way this was sex trafficking.

Every single expert I've seen has said it doesn't look like trafficking. One PI says it does, and the media runs with it.

Someone implied it was probably two jealous women who did this, consistent with the victim's claims about "two Hispanic women". I was only pointing out that it's highly improbable that two women were jealous of her, because that would imply she was seeing two other men. And their wives or girlfriends found out, got together, and crafted this ridiculous idea to kidnap her for 3 weeks... My point was that this makes no sense.

Not that I necessarily buy this scenario, but it could for instance be the mother and daughter of a married man or the married man's wife and the wife's mother

Very true. Never victimize the victim really hope some real information comes out about the kidnappers

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Perhaps , but I quibble that the life is "perfect" or "fairytale" or "having everything" to the extent it would trigger such a drawn out crime. That is definitely the narrative i.e. on 20/20 ("prince and princess" "supermom and superman"). Sure looking at superficials -- a thin blonde with a husband and two cute kids. Millions of women have the same plus more in terms of education, financial stability, blah blah, not to mention living in more desirable areas than rural environs of Redding. jmo

I concur. Sherri is an average pretty mom in suburbia. But if someone hates her, specifically, maybe they think Sherri "acts" like a princess? Maybe they want Keith? Which would be a targeted crime meant just for her.

Otherwise, yes ... there are certainly much more beautiful, wealthy, status-y wives to go after.

Three weeks in captivity doesn't make sense for any kind if petty revenge theory, imo. Especially not being held by two women... One person might be mentally ill enough to keep someone for 3 weeks out of "jealousy", but two? It's possible but very unlikely, imo.

It's more likely that they were trying to get something out of SP for 3 weeks. Repeated beatings to try and make her talk. Say, if they thought she had stolen from them or something like that. Of course, then SP would know the motive but maybe she just isn't saying, or maybe LE don't want to release it.

Alternatively, in a case I posted in an earlier thread, a woman had her hair cut off and was branded with the word "SNITCH" across her face because she had reported a woman to LE for something and as a rest LE had investigated the woman and CPS had taken her children from her. If SP had reported someone to LE that could certainly be a motive to beat her and "make an example" out of her - but again, hiding her for 3 whole weeks seems unlikely.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nyda...article-1.223951?client=ms-android-sonymobile

Her sister actually has a photo on her Facebook of what SP was wearing....it wasn't pink IIRC Maybe what she had on under the jacket was, but that wasn't showing

What? Howard her sister know what she was wearing?

Three weeks in captivity doesn't make sense for any kind if petty revenge theory, imo. Especially not being held by two women... One person might be mentally ill enough to keep someone for 3 weeks out of "jealousy", but two? It's possible but very unlikely, imo.

It's more likely that they were trying to get something out of SP for 3 weeks. Repeated beatings to try and make her talk. Say, if they thought she had stolen from them or something like that. Of course, then SP would know the motive but maybe she just isn't saying, or maybe LE don't want to release it.

Alternatively, in a case I posted in an earlier thread, a woman had her hair cut off and was branded with the word "SNITCH" across her face because she had reported a woman to LE for something and as a rest LE had investigated the woman and CPS had taken her children from her. If SP had reported someone to LE that could certainly be a motive to beat her and "make an example" out of her - but again, hiding her for 3 whole weeks seems unlikely.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nyda...article-1.223951?client=ms-android-sonymobile
This makes sense, and in this case LE would know who they are looking for

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

I'm still not caught up, but probably the BIGGEST question I have right now is...WHY DIDNT KIDNAPPERS TAKE THE MONEY OFFERED?????

It's pretty difficult to accept a ransom without getting caught. That's precisely why kidnapping for ransom is so rare in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx