Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo. The police obviously knows the motive. But they simply can't release it right about now.

Now I doubt it was a Hate crime related due to the 140mile drive on day 1.

Plus no men were mentioned; So I don't think this was about sex trafficking or using her as a sex slave for torture purposes.

I also don't see robbery as a motive since she was possibly jogging at the time.

Okay. So imo. That is 3 possible motive eliminations at this time. But idk for sure.

I don't think they do - and that's why they're appearing so flummoxed. It was just a couple days ago that they stated they do believe it's a kidnapping - if they knew the motive, I think we'd be way further ahead than we are now.

Maybe, but I'm having a hard time imagining why a Best Buy employee would be the primary target of anyone, with the possible exception of debt collectors.
True, but we don't know much about anyone's real life do we? I feel so strongly that this attack was personal. This is just one of the ways I'm trying to work it out in my mind.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

By everyone's account - including CG's - this was an abduction, but he tried to convert it into a kidnapping-for-ransom. CG now is offering criminals new business opportunities to consider kidnapping-for-ransom with CG working to reward those criminals who decide to now pursue that line of work.

Pre ... cisely. Long and drawn out like that.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. If you wanted to anonymously offer $50K for the return of a stranger (and I do get the motivation to do that - people do anonymously donate to causes that catch their heartstrings), wouldn't you go about it just that way? Find someone in the Redding area, with this expertise? It did take a full 15 days for this to happen - so it isn't as if it happened within a half hour. I could find someone whose business is negotiations and finance who could reasonably represent my offer of reward money in that amount of time. It isn't as if the benefactor was on an airplane and randomly said to the person next to him "boy I would sure like to anonymously donate to a ransom for that Papini woman" and the traveller next to him JUST HAPPENED to be expert at it.

This doesn't seem to be a convenient coincidence at all - but rather, the benefactor put some effort into locating someone who was experienced at this, and contacted him.

She went missing on the 2nd.
The local tv station received an anon letter on the 6th (and chose not to report on it because they weren't sure it was legit)
the site was registered on the 7th

Still unsure when SP friend LJ suggested CG to the Papini family but it sure all came together real quick. 4 days from the time she went missing until the anon benefactor was already offering up his cash thru CG to get her released.

I like your theory but I don't think it was KP that was the target.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
I've also thought of others as well. I've said in last thread that the only victim for 100% I'm sure of is Sherri, and if course her children because they were denied their mama for 3 weeks.

About the weight thing. I looked it up on th body mass calculator, and according to that at 100lbs a woman of SP'S is slightly underweight. So at 87lbs I should think she looked very underweight, visibly underweight to the hospital staff, so they would have good reason to weigh her.

Being that thin would cause a strain on her heart IMO. Her systems could start to fail. Good thing she was released when she was.

By everyone's account - including CG's - this was an abduction, but he tried to convert it into a kidnapping-for-ransom. CG now is offering criminals new business opportunities to consider kidnapping-for-ransom with CG working to reward those criminals who decide to now pursue that line of work.

Lol. Tell him to simply keep his focus in Tijuana and those surrounding areas if he wants to really make his practice work.

Regarding the SUV. We know it was dark colored, but I'm insanely curious if it's a full-size large SUV, maybe a mid-size, or maybe a crossover. I would think SP would have caught a glimpse during the initial abduction. Did it have a 3rd row? Leather or cloth interior?

She was chained to the car door by her left wrist according to KP in the 20/20 interview. I think she must have been in the back seat. JMO.

That might be able to rule out some makes and models as well. I visually inspected the back doors in my SUV and they don't have a great place to attach anything to. It has cups rather than handles to pull the door shut.

Hmm. About 45 seconds in reporter asks if Mayor thinks people in community are concerned about the kidnappers, and Mayor replies, "no I don't think people are concerned with those two particular kidnappers". Really?

If I lived in or near Redding, I'd be contacting said Mayor.

It's pretty difficult to accept a ransom without getting caught. That's precisely why kidnapping for ransom is so rare in this country.

But not a reward if you're not involved. Did two people really keep this absolutely secret for 3 weeks? I can't believe at some point SP didn't put up a fight. It's also incredibly hard to hit/punch/kick someone without also leaving marks on yourself.

-----------------------------
If SP was held in a basement, I'd imagine they were fairly far away from other homes. Cement blocks/concrete don't provide great sound insulation. I can't imagine being held and not trying to scream at least once. If I heard the neighbors playing blaring music 24/7, I'd get pretty concerned the first night, let alone days later.

I'm never going to catch up, but wanted to post an idea. I notice a lot of people are asking why perps who did all these horrible things (beating, branding, etc) would let SP go alive. Just a random thought I had that could be true no matter who took SP or why they took her-- what if the person who released her was NOT one of the women who abducted her? What if someone connected to the abductors found SP (or found out they had her) and insisted on letting her go? Or what if a person who knew about SP being held decided to let her go without even telling the 2 women who had been holding her? Also, since there were two abductors, the two may have disagreed on what to do as far as killing her or letting live. Maybe the one who was inflicting most of the beatings wanted to kill her but the other one wanted to let her go? One could have gone behind the other's back to let SP go. These ideas fit with what the sheriff said from the very first press conference after her release that 2 abductors took her but 1 released her. Just some theories. Carry on.

Until I hear SP's own words - even just in transcript form - I don't fully accept as accurate what other parties are saying happened to her (whether it be LE or KP) as they are giving hearsay information, but all that being said, her release itself has been described as brutal.

Fascinating how we interpret things differently. I will say his California accent makes the word metal sound like med-al to my English ears but it is similar to how Californian's say the word water that sounds like war-da to me so just take account of that.

Ha, ha! I like the English way of saying "scheduled" and "aluminium". :)

Ha, this is the first time in 4 days I am caught up. I need to catch my breath and get a glass of water!

I agree and just wanted to add that victims aren't usually abducted and immediately lined up for work. There is the conditioning (breaking) period which would allow for beatings with bruising likely disappearing before photos are taken and circulated for business.

I am not sure anyone can say 'NO WAY' it was this or thaT. We don't really know enough to say that with certainty.

Maybe they didn't mess with her face until they decided they were going to have to cut her loose. And they were mad and threatened to kill her if she talked too much.

Experts can be mistaken. There are cases which do not fit the usual parameters or statistics of most previous ones. This could be an outlier.

Woman are not USUALLY abducted for trafficking. but it does happen. They do not usually take suburban middle aged moms, but this was not typical suburbia. Redding is full of sex offenders and meth freaks and she was alone and vulnerable on a remote trail. And she looks young and pretty and blonde. She'd get a high resale price if it weren't for the publicity, imo.

I am not sure anyone can say 'NO WAY' it was this or thaT. We don't really know enough to say that with certainty.

Maybe they didn't mess with her face until they decided they were going to have to cut her loose. And they were mad and threatened to kill her if she talked too much.

Experts can be mistaken. There are cases which do not fit the usual parameters or statistics of most previous ones. This could be an outlier.

Woman are not USUALLY abducted for trafficking. but it does happen. They do not usually take suburban middle aged moms, but this was not typical suburbia. Redding is full of sex offenders and meth freaks and she was alone and vulnerable on a remote trail. And she looks young and pretty and blonde. She'd get a high resale price if it weren't for the publicity, imo.

Most rape related abductions of young mothers are never really for trafficking purposes.

They are usually found within in a 20 mile distance near their home and usually tied up for that sick persons pleasure.

Plus RSO do not really try to traffic because it's too much of a chance of being caught in a sting or something. Idk

They focus more on having the victim for self and not really to sell or pimp out.

soanyway, I beleive that was speculation about the broken bridge of nose being due to the circumstances of her release. If it was reported in the MSM or stated as fact in the 20/20 I missed it.

Regarding the SUV. We know it was dark colored, but I'm insanely curious if it's a full-size large SUV, maybe a mid-size, or maybe a crossover. I would think SP would have caught a glimpse during the initial abduction. Did it have a 3rd row? Leather or cloth interior?

That might be able to rule out some makes and models as well. I visually inspected the back doors in my SUV and they don't have a great place to attach anything to. It has cups rather than handles to pull the door shut.

If I lived in or near Redding, I'd be contacting said Mayor.

But not a reward if you're not involved. Did two people really keep this absolutely secret for 3 weeks? I can't believe at some point SP didn't put up a fight. It's also incredibly hard to hit/punch/kick someone without also leaving marks on yourself.

-----------------------------
If SP was held in a basement, I'd imagine they were fairly far away from other homes. Cement blocks/concrete don't provide great sound insulation. I can't imagine being held and not trying to scream at least once. If I heard the neighbors playing blaring music 24/7, I'd get pretty concerned the first night, let alone days later.

Do u really think it was 2 ppl?
I dont.
I don't think she was in a dark SUV either.
Jmo

I agree and just wanted to add that victims aren't usually abducted and immediately lined up for work. There is the conditioning (breaking) period which would allow for beatings with bruising likely disappearing before photos are taken and circulated for business. It was also reported that the bridge of her nose was broken during her release from the vehicle.

This actually is one of the reasons why I want to hear/read SP's own words as the way it's described, they could have ended up killing her with a head injury the moment she was released, which would totally defeat the purpose of freeing her as the release could have made them eligible for Felony Murder. Forcefully ejecting someone from a vehicle while their hands are tied and wearing a bag over their head could result in severe permanent injury including death.

Do u really think it was 2 ppl?
I dont.
I don't think she was in a dark SUV either.
Jmo

For all we know it could have been two Italians in a Ferrari.

I'm guessing the Hispanic women may be a red herring.

Then again, red herring and I aren't really on speaking terms lately....

Ha, this is the first time in 4 days I am caught up. I need to catch my breath and get a glass of water!

Not water...wine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members