Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
soanyway, I beleive that was speculation about the broken bridge of nose being due to the circumstances of her release. If it was reported in the MSM or stated as fact in the 20/20 I missed it.

This is from the Associated Press:
Keith Papini said his wife weighed just 87 pounds and the bridge of her nose was broken when she was tossed from a vehicle along Interstate 5 near Sacramento with her hands restrained and a bag over her head.
http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/...d-details-missing-womans-shocking-appearance/

I saw this case in the news where a man murdered and dismembered his parents then left the area. LE thought he was responsible from the start but they didn't release any information about the murder, and they certainly didn't name the son as a suspect and splash his face across all the papers, warning the public to be scared of him, because they had an idea where he was and didn't want him to run. They found him, and quietly put him under surveillance until they had warrants for his arrest for murder.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wbir...nox-co/359364832?client=ms-android-sonymobile

Just another idea about why LE sometimes refuse to release information about suspects.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/local/2016/11/30/sheriff-mum-bodies-w-knox-home/94667600/

But this was a guy killing his parents. He had a score to settle with them. SP was not abducted by a family member, she was taken by strangers and no one knows why.

I am still focusing on the 20/20 interview. I find it odd that KP kept referring to SP as being "Taken", not kidnapped or abducted.
CG refers to his business as project "Taken". Looks to me like he has a fairly decent operation where he probably has a significant overhead. I wonder about his motives and perhaps connection to KP prior to this incident.

First post. Excuse me if this already been brought up.

In regards to SP not seeing the faces of her abductors: I live in a community with lots of agricultural fields. The area where SP was released looks to be mostly fields. I'm not sure of that's the same in Redding. The Mexican female field workers where I live cover their face and hair with fabric and bandanas to keep off the sun and dirt while working. All that's exposed is their eyes. It's common to see them drive and shop like this. They start their work day early and get off work around 2p

In regards to 20/20 interview: it really creeped me out to see CG among all those shipping containers talking about his business. I can't possibly locate the post but maybe one of you might recall that there was a post several days ago with a police report. Someone had reported a man with shipping containers on his property that was holding a female hostage. I believe that the report was from a friend of the family. Could this be related? Could he have staged this entire thing to gain business? Not saying SP or KP knew about it. But this is just too strange.

Keith Papini said his wife weighed just 87 pounds and the bridge of her nose was broken when she was tossed from a vehicle along Interstate 5 near Sacramento with her hands restrained and a bag over her head.
http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/...d-details-missing-womans-shocking-appearance/

I think that may just be badly written. I'm sure he said something about her having dark yellow bruising over her nose but I can't find the quote so maybe it was on video. I can only find quotes of him saying yellow and black bruising.

Thanks, I deleted it from my post since I couldn't find it. You're a better sleuthed, than I. It would be best to hear from her directly, but I don't doubt KP's assessment (though I'm envious of his writing). If my husband ever had to speak on my behalf, there would be a very lengthy discussion about what could/could not be discussed and severe consequences would be in order if he didn't comply. MOO

Most rape related abductions of young mothers are never really for trafficking purposes.

They are usually found within in a 20 mile distance near their home and usually tied up for that sick persons pleasure.

Plus RSO do not really try to traffic because it's too much of a chance of being caught in a sting or something. Idk

They focus more on having the victim for self and not really to sell or pimp out.

That's all true. But 'most' leaves room for the exceptions to the rule. :wink:

I'm still not caught up, but probably the BIGGEST question I have right now is...WHY DIDNT KIDNAPPERS TAKE THE MONEY OFFERED?????

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Maybe it never really existed in the first place?

But this was a guy killing his parents. He had a score to settle with them. SP was not abducted by a family member, she was taken by strangers and no one knows why.

I think someone knows the why....but not the who!

Regarding the SUV. We know it was dark colored, but I'm insanely curious if it's a full-size large SUV, maybe a mid-size, or maybe a crossover. I would think SP would have caught a glimpse during the initial abduction. Did it have a 3rd row? Leather or cloth interior?

That might be able to rule out some makes and models as well. I visually inspected the back doors in my SUV and they don't have a great place to attach anything to. It has cups rather than handles to pull the door shut.

If I lived in or near Redding, I'd be contacting said Mayor.

But not a reward if you're not involved. Did two people really keep this absolutely secret for 3 weeks? I can't believe at some point SP didn't put up a fight. It's also incredibly hard to hit/punch/kick someone without also leaving marks on yourself.

-----------------------------
If SP was held in a basement, I'd imagine they were fairly far away from other homes. Cement blocks/concrete don't provide great sound insulation. I can't imagine being held and not trying to scream at least once. If I heard the neighbors playing blaring music 24/7, I'd get pretty concerned the first night, let alone days later.

I'm pondering the fact that SP is a lefty, but I might be wrong.

This is the white elephant in the room (for me): Why the lack of details? SP projects herself as a detail oriented woman. Her photos on Social Media, her clothing garment description on Poshmart, her Pinterest Board; details, details.

I'm puzzled by the discarded cloth narrative. Was it terry, cotton, burlap, polyester, nylon, wool, silk? old, new, dirty, stiff, smelly??? Any stickers or decals on the car dashboard? what music station? any particular scent in the car or the hideaway? Noise from schools while she was in the car? what they feed her? what about their voices? nasal? throaty?

I'm still raking my head trying to figure out what material can be strong enough to held someone hostage but easy to cut while rushing to release a hostage... puzzling.

I do think it is very possible, even likely, that when she was released, her kidnapper swore to come and kill her children if she ever told anyone who he was and where he had taken her. It was quite likely, imo, that the abductor is the opposite of 2 Hispanic women. Maybe it is a biker gang or some skinheads or a local sex offender that took her.

It would make sense to me because I would do the same thing if it was me being questioned. I'd lie to cover the truth in order to protect my family too.

Except we don't know that do we? Have LE not said they still don't know if it was known or random abduction?

I'm never going to catch up, but wanted to post an idea. I notice a lot of people are asking why perps who did all these horrible things (beating, branding, etc) would let SP go alive. Just a random thought I had that could be true no matter who took SP or why they took her-- what if the person who released her was NOT one of the women who abducted her? What if someone connected to the abductors found SP (or found out they had her) and insisted on letting her go? Or what if a person who knew about SP being held decided to let her go without even telling the 2 women who had been holding her? Also, since there were two abductors, the two may have disagreed on what to do as far as killing her or letting live. Maybe the one who was inflicting most of the beatings wanted to kill her but the other one wanted to let her go? One could have gone behind the other's back to let SP go. These ideas fit with what the sheriff said from the very first press conference after her release that 2 abductors took her but 1 released her. Just some theories. Carry on.

BBM I'm pondering the bolded part of your theory minus the abductors/kidnappers disagreement. IMO, it was a matter of logistic or to avoid been seeing together, which would've raise suspicions.

BB

The way it's written, the 87 lbs is in same sentence so unless getting thrown out of a vehicle causes weight loss and broken noses, I'm attributing this to shoddy reporting.😊

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I do think it is very possible, even likely, that when she was released, her kidnapper swore to come and kill her children if she ever told anyone who he was and where he had taken her. It was quite likely, imo, that the abductor is the opposite of 2 Hispanic women. Maybe it is a biker gang or some skinheads or a local sex offender that took her.

It would make sense to me because I would do the same thing if it was me being questioned. I'd lie to cover the truth in order to protect my family too.

Makes sense to me, except KP doesn't seem too worried about it. He didn't even say he hoped that LE find the perps in his interview. In fact, I am shocked by the number of photos they have released and shared of the family. So I don't know if they are too worried about the abductors.

If the kidnappers took her to yolo and dropped her off near yolo. Then wouldn't that county be in charge to find the perps that live in that County?

Now they drove for 2 1/2 hours after taking her.

But how long did they drive around yolo before dropping her off?

Now I'm sure they would probably have driven for a while to confuse her before the drop off.

But I doubt they would drive that long at that time of night with a tied up woman in the backseat.

Because there is just too much risk of getting caught red handed by the CHP or sherrif's or something. Idk

I'm still raking my head trying to figure out what material can be strong enough to held someone hostage but easy to cut while rushing to release a hostage... puzzling.

SBM

Zipties are easy to cut with wire cutters. One snip, done. JMO

I'm pondering the fact that SP is a lefty, but I might be wrong.

This is the white elephant in the room (for me): Why the lack of details? SP projects herself as a detail oriented woman. Her photos on Social Media, her clothing garment description on Poshmart, her Pinterest Board; details, details.

I'm puzzled by the discarded cloth narrative. Was it terry, cotton, burlap, polyester, nylon, wool, silk? old, new, dirty, stiff, smelly??? Any stickers or decals on the car dashboard? what music station? any particular scent in the car or the hideaway? Noise from schools while she was in the car? what they feed her? what about their voices? nasal? throaty?

BBM. Everyone keeps asking why she hasn't provided these details (and others) but how do we know she hasn't. Just because they haven't told us every single detail doesn't mean she hasn't provided more information. Trust me, I want to know more too because this case is as strange as they come but I don't assume she hasn't told them more than we know. I'm still trying to make sense of what we DO know. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper