Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But maybe they are not coldblooded killer types? And leaving her there to die would bring the authorities too close to home, imo. Better to drop her off away from their hideout.

It could be calculated. But the FBI could not find any obvious connections with any one that might be out to get her.

And branding is not at all unusual in that world. Just another form of their torture rituals. Kind of routine and not all that calculated, imo.

JMO ... Anyone who could beat, burn, brand and starve a tiny woman for 22 days would have no problem killing her. These perps have a lust and proclivity for violence.

Maybe an ER nurse could answer this - is it routine to weigh someone in an ER? I have been numerous times and I have been hospitalized numerous times (different hospitals), but I was never weighed, only asked how much I weigh.

Thx in advance

So, is the reason you ask this to determine whether it's true Sherri was weighed or whether that's just misinformation?

Most LE probably have access to a database of various signs, tattoes, and any knowing branding of gangs, etc...so, Imo, either they have an idea of the background of the perps, or the branding was not specific or helpful in any way.

Apparently it was a message rather than a symbol, so I'm assuming it was either a word or words
Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko released some new details to Good Morning America Wednesday, November 30, about the markings found on her body, which you can watch in the video above. “I would think that was some sort of either an exertion of power and control and/or maybe some type of message that the brand contained,” Bosenko said. “It is not a symbol, but it was a message

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ge-branded-on-her-skin-from-abduction-w452919

Break her psychologically for what? It makes no sense. <modsnip>

Keeping someone for 3 weeks is hugely expensive. I'm not just talking about the cost to feed them. I'm talking about having to guard them, take precautions they are not located, communication with various people throughout to avoid detection. It takes a lot of time that could be spent somewhere else ("opportunity costs"). And of course the risk you would be caught and spend much more money/time defending yourself, going to prison for years, etc. Why? What is the payoff?

Gangs do not typically sex traffic 34 year old blonde American women with a family and involved in the community. Please. They go after much younger, vulnerable girls who can disappear with few people knowing or caring. And they certainly don't hold them for 3 weeks and simply torture them, only to let them go. That's 3 weeks of zero income, high risk.

Gang initiation? OK, maybe, but 3 weeks?!? I can see some crazy initiation where they must kidnap and brutalize a woman, but not for 3 weeks!

Revenge on the family runs into the same issues. You can "send a message" in 3 days, you don't need 3 weeks. Too risky, makes no sense.
I agree with everything here except for the revenge part. Perhaps the kidnappers were indeed in touch with the particular family member they were trying to send a message to. Perhaps it took 3 weeks for that family member to cave in and agree to whatever, or be beaten down and fearful enough for the kidnappers to be totally satisfied that they got what they desired from the whole sordid affair.

Sherri was the victim of a brutal kidnapping, of that I have no doubt. She is the only one that I believe 100% so far.
I have nothing to say about any of my other thoughts/doubts except that It's the who and why this even happened that drives me nuts. I really think the perps got exactly what they were after, whatever that is!!!

Also I think that CG is not a crucial piece of this puzzle. I think hes a shameless opportunist. I hope the threads stay open till I catch up. Sorry if anyone already said the things I'm saying. This thread is a fast bast**d.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JMO ... Anyone who could beat, burn, brand and starve a tiny woman for 22 days would have no problem killing her. These perps have a lust and proclivity for violence.

Absolutely. But they also worked to make sure she never saw their faces. So they never planned on killing her, most likely. And maybe because they have kids they love and they don't want to go to death row. If they get arrested for trafficking, they are looking at much less prison time. JMO

The woman who called nine-one-one after seeing Sherri on the highway, do you think she'll get a reward?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't think calling in about a person in distress would meet the reward criteria.

The people who called 911 after seeing SP near the interstate on Thanksgiving morning didn't provide information that led to the release of SP or capture of her abductors.

I remember reading that dozens of motorists called 911 after seeing Sherri roadside that morning (reference: https://gma.yahoo.com/gma-exclusive...ys-ordeal-123134557--abc-news-topstories.html). But, as far as I know, only Ms. Sutton proactively told her story on social media and later in MSM.

Interesting theory.

I'm not sure why the abductors would have assumed the burden/risk of holding onto SP for 3 weeks, torturing her and branding her if they had intended to sell her and quickly discovered there was no market though.

I imagine it would have been much easier and less risky for them to cut their losses and have killed or released her quickly?

I think this is more about her and her looks.
It seems to me that is what they tried to take from her. Her beautiful long hair,
They cut. They beat her face and starved her then sent her home.
Jmo

I'm very curious what the branding said.

I don't have a link, but thought I heard on a news video somewhere that KP had some sort of a Justice degree. Maybe that's why the immediate thought of not touching SP phone and taking pics instead? He'd had some sort of criminal justice course in the past?

I've searched and cant find a link, so feel free to delete if necessary, but I thought it was included in background on SP and KP.

Maybe an ER nurse could answer this - is it routine to weigh someone in an ER? I have been numerous times and I have been hospitalized numerous times (different hospitals), but I was never weighed, only asked how much I weigh.

Thx in advance

ER RN for years. Weight is required to be documented for insurance reimbursement. We either weighed people or asked them how much they weighed and documented it.

Weight also factors in to medical treatment and risk assessment.

A big reward needs to be offered right now for anyone with information that leads to an arrest. Assuming the 2 Hispanic women scenario is true, SOMEONE else knows about it. It's ridiculous that LE is not releasing more information, even if it's just about the style of the SUV, or anything about the interior of the SUV.

KP suggested in the 20/20 interview that finding the perps right now is secondary to his relief that his wife is home. Someone needs to start caring more before this case fades into the background and NO arrests are ever made.

I concur that my opinion is CG is an opportunist and quite frankly, why is anyone giving him media time or repeating what he says? It is in direct contradiction to LE and it just muddies the water..he is the one pushing the "sex trafficking" no one else..no one in official REAL LE that I know of.
Gamble is an opportunist also IMO. Not to mention laughable. How anyone takes him seriously is beyond me.

I don't have a link, but thought I heard on a news video somewhere that KP had some sort of a Justice degree. Maybe that's why the immediate thought of not touching SP phone and taking pics instead? He'd had some sort of criminal justice course in the past?

I've searched and cant find a link, so feel free to delete if necessary, but I thought it was included in background on SP and KP.

Good catch. He has an Associates degree in Administration of Justice. Not sure what that entails though.

http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/breaking-news/keith-papini-jogger-sherri-papinis-husband/

ETA: From google "An administration of justice degree is normally designed to give students the tools for a career in law enforcement or corrections."

I think this is more about her and her looks.
It seems to me that is what they tried to take from her. Her beautiful long hair,
They cut. They beat her face and starved her then sent her home.
Jmo

But why Sherri, specifically? I'm sure there are lots of pretty blondes, and I don't recall another case like this. Do you think this was about Sherri herself? Someone hates her? I could see that as a motive ...

He speaks like LE.
He says things like correct and vehicle.

I'm not caught up so this may have already been mentioned but...

Does anyone else find it extraordinarily convenient that some well-to-do benefactor (who doesn't even know the Papini family, allegedly) would contact CG, of all people, and say "you, you da man, I want you and your expertise to be all over this case - and here's a pile of money - go do your thing!" (or however Mr. A. Donor worded it).

Not only did he conveniently contact CG, who just happens to live in Redding and who just happens to "specialize" in all this sort of sordid business he registered the web site and a google email for his contact.

All sounds a little too good to be true, doesn't it?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. If you wanted to anonymously offer $50K for the return of a stranger (and I do get the motivation to do that - people do anonymously donate to causes that catch their heartstrings), wouldn't you go about it just that way? Find someone in the Redding area, with this expertise? It did take a full 15 days for this to happen - so it isn't as if it happened within a half hour. I could find someone whose business is negotiations and finance who could reasonably represent my offer of reward money in that amount of time. It isn't as if the benefactor was on an airplane and randomly said to the person next to him "boy I would sure like to anonymously donate to a ransom for that Papini woman" and the traveller next to him JUST HAPPENED to be expert at it.

This doesn't seem to be a convenient coincidence at all - but rather, the benefactor put some effort into locating someone who was experienced at this, and contacted him.

I forgot about this, but I read or heard in a news report that the anonymous donor was English. Did anyone hear/read this too? It was late and I was browsing on my phone so I don't think it was said in a video I think it was in an article linked here. I almost posted a joke that it was me ;)

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving.

YES I forgot on the 20/20 the interviewer DID refer to the anonymous as "English"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd