Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I can't get out of my mind...it would be very easy to deflect the idea of a hoax by releasing pictures of her injuries. Originally, I thought perhaps this hadn't been done because the "brand" was on her face, but KP stated it isn't. I understand the desire for privacy, and perhaps some ego involved in not wanting to be seen in an unattractive way, but it would go a long way to hushing the rumors.

I haven't been able to find any statements about why they would or wouldn't want to release pics of her injuries. Has anyone else read statements on this topic?

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

I was going to ask the same thing.

If an abducted person is found alive, is it a CA LE practice to release photos of the person after the abduction/or release statements directly from that person?

To date it seems like all statements from SP have been released through KP.

jobid, your link was not to MSM and the story was not entirely accurate - officials involved in investigating the case have never said cult - but I did find MSM that makes mention of the angle you were describing.

"You cut their hair. You beat them. You're really talking about behavior of what a cult or an extremist group would use to break somebody down," said Brad Garrett, former FBI agent.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/sherri-...lling-details-about-wifes-kidnapping/1634557/

"I would think that that was some sort of either an exertion of power and control and/or maybe some type of message that the brand contained," he said on ABC News' "Good Morning America." "It is not a symbol, but it was a message."

[...]

"Obviously, a very sick person who may have wanted to not only to cut it off to change her physical appearance but also as to humiliate them, wear her down," Bosenko said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/california-mom-sherri-papini-message-burned-skin-sick/story?id=43869060

The short answer is I'm not sure, it's baffling.

I will say, however, that the entire process of managing this "kidnapping" was bonkers. And perhaps therein lies a major clue.

If my wife went missing, I would immediately assume something much more serious than kidnapping. Why did they assume it was a kidnapping? Why involve a kidnapping expert so early? Makes no sense.

I would work closely with the proper authorities, I would not be raising money for a ransom when there was no mention of a kidnapping. And then some unknown benefactor surfaces, linked to this kidnapping expert. And they all seem to linked to the same church in a very small town. What are the odds?

As I said in a previous post, I would be looking very long and hard at CG. I would be especially interested in any contact he may have had with the victim or victim's family before this incident occurred: phone, email, chat, face to face meetings, anything. And specifically with whom. I'm not thinking that CP acted alone. He's around the same age as the victim, correct? Good looking guy? Hard for me to judge...

Yes, I want to know how much and for how long he was influencing the Papinis actions. Given the 11/6 ransom offer letter timeline, he would have had to have been on scene pretty quickly to have gone from the kidnapping happening the evening of 11/2 to have piles of cash ready to be delivered on short notice by 11/6. Did he for instance tell the Papinis to call off the search, did he tell them she was taken out of town, etc. It was very early on that the Papinis said she was taken out of town by abductors and I'd like to know where they got that information from as LE hasn't said that, but we know now that CG was involved in some way very early on just based on the 11/6 ransom offer letter to the TV station.

You still need a secure place to keep her so she doesn't escape. And for what purpose? Trafficking doesn't make sense to me at all. It's usually young females that get trafficked, not married women in their thirties. And if the goal was to traffic her, why did they release her? This is a very strange case and I can't understand what the motive was.
Where did i miss the link to information that they are middle age women with children?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Posting this with a link, please listen 10-15 secs in, KP appears to say "MILF" but corrects himself to chains. At first I thought he said metal, but now I'm thinking he said MILF and quickly says "sorry".

[video=youtube;SYPv0qertak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYPv0qertak[/video]

I believe abducted and kidnapped have different meaning

I believe abducted and kidnapped have different meaning

According to the Internets, kidnapping involves ransom

5a5978c9a07740708d6752b3b67ca17b.jpg

Her injuries are documented, and photographed, I'm sure. So if there is ever a trial, they will be in evidence. We don't need to see them now. It's possible that KP embellished a bit when describing them because he was so horrified. And branding is confirmed by LE. Good news is that she will heal and her hair will grow out. I think that LE is more interested in finding the origin of the plan than the elusive Hispanic ladies. JMO

One thing I can't get out of my mind...it would be very easy to deflect the idea of a hoax by releasing pictures of her injuries. Originally, I thought perhaps this hadn't been done because the "brand" was on her face, but KP stated it isn't. I understand the desire for privacy, and perhaps some ego involved in not wanting to be seen in an unattractive way, but it would go a long way to hushing the rumors.

I haven't been able to find any statements about why they would or wouldn't want to release pics of her injuries. Has anyone else read statements on this topic?

I've never heard of LE releasing pictures of the victim.

And let's face it, it would not quell rumors. The sheriff himself has said that he has no reason to doubt this was real, and yet plenty of people on social media are still yelling "hoax".

I don't know what it would take to prove it to the people that are still doubting, but I doubt pictures would do it (some would just say that she did it to herself or had someone do it to her).

I think the only thing would be the capture of the assailants. Until that happens, there's going to be whispers by some that it wasn't real.

Posting this with a link, please listen 10-15 secs in, KP appears to say "MILF" but corrects himself to chains. At first I thought he said metal, but now I'm thinking he said MILF and quickly says "sorry".

He said metal.

Metal. Then corrected to chain, IMO.

I agree the branding message must not be a very clear message, if it has been of no help in establishing any sort of motive, or even it was a random crime.

Or publicity!
To me there was something very off with this reverse ransom and how it came about.

As a self-proclaimed kidnapping expert, the publicity gained from successfully managing the release of a very high profile case would translate into a lot of future business. In the short term, this "expert" would be on the news quite often, people would be checking out his website, he would quickly become a local (perhaps even international) celebrity. Hard to put a monetary value on all of this publicity, but my guess is that it's quite high.

Of course it would be very risky to hire people to kidnap an attractive victim and hold her for 3 weeks without her permission. Someone could get hurt. Someone would eventually confess to their involvement, and start naming names. So I doubt the kidnapping expert would risk it.

Unless, of course, there was another way that didn't involve hiring kidnappers...

Where did i miss the link to information that they are middle age women with children?

Who are they? I don't have any idea as to what you are asking.

Her injuries are documented, and photographed, I'm sure. So if there is ever a trial, they will be in evidence. We don't need to see them now. It's possible that KP embellished a bit when describing them because he was so horrified. And branding is confirmed by LE. Good news is that she will heal and her hair will grow out. I think that LE is more interested in finding the origin of the plan than the elusive Hispanic ladies. JMO

Matt Gutman stated he saw the photos and he seemed pretty horrified by what he saw

Of course the family was worried it was something much more serious than kidnapping (murder). But if she was alive it was an abduction for some reason.

If she was still alive, the reverse ransom idea was just one more way to try to get Sherri home. KP did work very closely with the proper authorities!

The family raised 50k for information leading to Sherri's safe return prior to the anonymous donor/CG ever entering the stage.

If you have proof that SP and/or KP have any involvement with the Bethel Church I'd love to see it.

As for your insinuation that SP was possibly involved with CG there is no evidence to support it.

The short answer is I'm not sure, it's baffling.

I will say, however, that the entire process of managing this "kidnapping" was bonkers. And perhaps therein lies a major clue.

If my wife went missing, I would immediately assume something much more serious than kidnapping. Why did they assume it was a kidnapping? Why involve a kidnapping expert so early? Makes no sense.

I would work closely with the proper authorities, I would not be raising money for a ransom when there was no mention of a kidnapping. And then some unknown benefactor surfaces, linked to this kidnapping expert. And they all seem to linked to the same church in a very small town. What are the odds?

As I said in a previous post, I would be looking very long and hard at CG. I would be especially interested in any contact he may have had with the victim or victim's family before this incident occurred: phone, email, chat, face to face meetings, anything. And specifically with whom. I'm not thinking that CP acted alone. He's around the same age as the victim, correct? Good looking guy? Hard for me to judge...

Who are they? I don't have any idea as to what you are asking.
It was in reply on a few pages back. Do t know why it didn't add quotes

I think you're right. If you listen to it on 0.5 speed on youtube, it sounds even more like what you thought. I don't hear "metal" at all.

Is that possibly what was branded on her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper