Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like your analysis but I don't think this is important. They are trying to emphasize an end date. A good strategy to get someone to act... if you think an offer never expires, you will delay action.

The other thing - they sent a letter to a news station, who ignored it because they couldn't confirm anything, about the same date as the website was registered.

By CG's own description she wasn't taken for ransom so delaying action would be a good thing as you don't want someone to then slit an abductee's throat now that the thing causing the delaying action no longer is present.

I'm going off your own description of the ransom as delaying action. Are you now reversing what you said in your post I responded to?

Had to have an end date because the longer the delay, the less likely your chances are to get her back.

The 2014 victim was 16yrs old, no ages for the other cases (2013). Since Baldwin-Green were arrested, maybe SP signature blonde hair was chopped off by a copycat? Unless B&G belongs to a gang. JMO

Also in that case, the victim escaped rather than being voluntarily freed by her captors.

Out of curiosity why does the thread close everynight? Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because sometimes we get a little rowdy after the mods turn in for the night and they're tired of waking up to a mess in the morning. :pillowfight2::pillowfight2:

Quote Originally Posted by natsound View Post
We did learn a few things. We learned that SP was driven for 2.5 hours when she was abducted. She must have seen a clock or just estimated it.

2.5 hour drive estimated would make it likely she was taken to Sacramento. Additionally if I recall correctly she was left off on the north bound side of I-5, indicating she was driven north out of Sacramento and let go.

Yolo is within that 2.5 hour drive too. She could have been held at Yolo the entire time, driven around a bit and dropped off at the intersection near the Jehova's Witness church (It's the only church near that that I could find, w/in easy walking distance).

This just goes to show how crackers this case is but my wild imagination thought "ohhhh what if its like an actor, ya know like think link with words, Project Taken, Taken, Liam Neeson... but he's Irish, but people get that confused thinking English"

That's why I forgot, I said to myself skibs you need to go to bed you've gone cuckoo LOL

Not quite cuckoo! When I first heard of Project Taken his name automatically came to mind. I've had a crush on him for years [emoji18]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO I don't doubt that Sherri was TAKEN and abused. I don't doubt the trauma, suffered by her and her loved ones.....but I do wonder who masterminded this horror, and for what purpose. I believe that she was targeted and I'm not at all convinced that the people who took her stood to gain anything (except, maybe money). But for whom were they working? Who stood to gain something from this? And what sort of GAIN was it? JMO

Oh, so the ransom offer resulted in her being held for weeks rather than being released more quickly

Maybe, but they had to do something. There was already a reward on the table from LE. So, they offered money and amnesty to let her go. They had to give them enough time to consider the offer, make contact, and get comfortable that they could pull it off. They couldn't give them too much time because they would just delay and putting a time limit on offers makes them more attractive. They also couldn't just revoke the offer without warning for fear of angering the kidnappers.

Reverse ransom of about two weeks. It is textbook. Maybe it worked.

I think the strategy was sound. I'm still very skeptical of the players.

You're right. None of it makes any sense to a rational mind. That's why we're on thread #15. So, what do you think happened here? Motive?

The short answer is I'm not sure, it's baffling.

I will say, however, that the entire process of managing this "kidnapping" was bonkers. And perhaps therein lies a major clue.

If my wife went missing, I would immediately assume something much more serious than kidnapping. Why did they assume it was a kidnapping? Why involve a kidnapping expert so early? Makes no sense.

I would work closely with the proper authorities, I would not be raising money for a ransom when there was no mention of a kidnapping. And then some unknown benefactor surfaces, linked to this kidnapping expert. And they all seem to linked to the same church in a very small town. What are the odds?

As I said in a previous post, I would be looking very long and hard at CG. I would be especially interested in any contact he may have had with the victim or victim's family before this incident occurred: phone, email, chat, face to face meetings, anything. And specifically with whom. I'm not thinking that CP acted alone. He's around the same age as the victim, correct? Good looking guy? Hard for me to judge...

I respectfully disagree. It clearly was not expensive for SP's abductors to keep her 22 days. She weighed 87 pounds when released, so they obviously didn't break the bank on food. Having her chained to something in a basement or wherever she was held would eliminate the need for 24 hour monitoring, though with 2 abductors, certainly possible that one of them stayed at the location. But IMO, safe to say she didn't need to be "guarded". Further, I highly doubt that most perps are considered about how much money it's going to cost for a defense when committing a crime, as the majority would have public defenders IF they were to get caught. I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that these perps were not upstanding citizens of the community holding 8 to 5 jobs so "zero income" for 3 weeks really isn't in play here. And if they were interested in the ransom money at any point, it would've obviously amounted to much more than 3 weeks of wages.

I didn't mention anything about it being gang-related. Loud noises being blared to break her psychologically (other than drowning out her cries for help) are not far fetched. A recent lengthy road trip with my daughter and 2 friends with the radio, singing, laughing, etc. and I was certain I was going to lose my mind before we got to our destination. But the branding, beating, starving, hair cutting, chaining are all consistent with means of torture used by traffickers. Whether or not she was taken for the purpose of trafficking is yet to be seen, but IMO, she was definitely in the hands of those very familiar with the trafficking industry. The myth of what a victim looks like and SP fitting or not fitting a "typical" profile has been discussed in length in previous threads. We can agree to disagree on that one, too. Until we have a clear motive, I believe anything is possible. All just JMO.

You still need a secure place to keep her so she doesn't escape. And for what purpose? Trafficking doesn't make sense to me at all. It's usually young females that get trafficked, not married women in their thirties. And if the goal was to traffic her, why did they release her? This is a very strange case and I can't understand what the motive was.

One thing I can't get out of my mind...it would be very easy to deflect the idea of a hoax by releasing pictures of her injuries. Originally, I thought perhaps this hadn't been done because the "brand" was on her face, but KP stated it isn't. I understand the desire for privacy, and perhaps some ego involved in not wanting to be seen in an unattractive way, but it would go a long way to hushing the rumors.

I haven't been able to find any statements about why they would or wouldn't want to release pics of her injuries. Has anyone else read statements on this topic?

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

JMO I don't doubt that Sherri was TAKEN and abused. I don't doubt the trauma, suffered by her and her loved ones.....but I do wonder who masterminded this horror, and for what purpose. I believe that she was targeted and I'm not at all convinced that the people who took her stood to gain anything (except, maybe money). But for whom were they working? Who stood to gain something from this? And what sort of GAIN was it? JMO
Or publicity!
To me there was something very off with this reverse ransom and how it came about.

Maybe, but they had to do something.

They could have doubled the reward from the beginning instead of causing a delay that put her life in danger. The ransom put her life in danger by delaying things by your own posts and doing something that could have been done weeks ago without ever offering a ransom is the proximate cause of her release.

I forgot about this, but I read or heard in a news report that the anonymous donor was English. Did anyone hear/read this too? It was late and I was browsing on my phone so I don't think it was said in a video I think it was in an article linked here. I almost posted a joke that it was me ;)

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving.
Yes I read that. An English donor. It was in a news report but I can't remember where.

The kidnappers had her for a week with no reverse ransom offered. Then they had her for another couple of weeks with a reverse ransom offered. At that point, the longer they have her, the less likely she is alive and the strategy is not working. They have to change strategy and make the reverse ransom into a reward to anyone with information. It is straight from the reverse ransom textbook.

there is a reverse ransom textbook (figuratively) ? i had never even heard the term before this.

I will say, however, that the entire process of managing this "kidnapping" was bonkers. And perhaps therein lies a major clue.

If my wife went missing, I would immediately assume something much more serious than kidnapping. Why did they assume it was a kidnapping? Why involve a kidnapping expert so early? Makes no sense.

I would work closely with the proper authorities, I would not be raising money for a ransom when there was no mention of a kidnapping. And then some unknown benefactor surfaces, linked to this kidnapping expert. And they all seem to linked to the same church in a very small town. What are the odds?

As I said in a previous post, I would be looking very long and hard at CG. I would be especially interested in any contact he may have had with the victim or victim's family before this incident occurred: phone, email, chat, face to face meetings, anything. And specifically with whom. I'm not thinking that CP acted alone. He's around the same age as the victim, correct? Good looking guy? Hard for me to judge...
I believe abducted and kidnapped have different meaning

I believe abducted and kidnapped have different meaning

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

They could have doubled the reward from the beginning instead of causing a delay that put her life in danger. The ransom put her life in danger by delaying things by your own posts and doing something that could have been done weeks ago without ever offering a ransom is the proximate cause of her release.

Maybe it worked. Maybe the reason she was released is because the reverse ransom was paid and LE absolutely wants nobody to know that for fear of copycat abductions.

In any event, additional reward would seem of limited benefit (diminishing marginal utility) compared to an amnesty. Give them an incentive to keep her alive and consider the offer. Seems better than sitting around picking your nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly