Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reverse ransom thing was pretty smart. Would you want a $100,000 bounty on your head? Other people were likely aware of Sherri's presence and they would likely stab the captors in the back in a heartbeat. I think CG was hired by the family. They could have used to go fund me money to pay the ransom. I don't think they thought the police were doing enough and also the police were skeptical it was even an abduction.

I'm reading everyone's posts, but mostly only here at this point awaiting apprehension of these beasts, and subsequent justice for Sherri. The tedious mountain of details are secondary to me now. But I am interested in what everyone thinks about the motive ... if you believe Sherri knows why this happened, why would she want it kept secret? Thoughts, please.

My guess is that it would be because of embarassment, or because she/KP felt like it would tarnish the perfect family image. They have gone to lengths to uphold that perception so I think it is totally plausible that they would do so. If they know who they are, and are confident there is no threat - then it could be said that they should just move forward and try to heal.

In my opinion...

I know I keep beating a dead horse, but I'm soo bothered that the girl in CG's video bears such a resemblance to SP. Does anyone else see it? It also strikes me that she seems to have been tortured in a similar way as the girl in the video. I'm not saying there's any significance here, but just an observation.

I don't understand why LE got bent out shape when KP spoke about the extent of SP's injuries. Seriously, what possible value could be had by withholding those details? False confessions? The confessor wouldn't know what the brand said anyway.

I haven't seen anything by local law enforcement that inspires confidence. The sheriff spends a great deal of time saying pretty much nothing to the press. I wish the FBI had taken over this case.

LE commonly keep some details close to the vest for investigative integrity. It fields off false tips and confessions, and makes their job as investigators easier and more productive. It's common practice, and generally seen as valuable to an investigation.

JMO, but I don't think LE should be judged (at least not this early in the case) for not letting the general public know what it clamors to know. Nor do I judge LE for "saying pretty much nothing to the press." (In fact, I believe it's a wise tactic in this particular case.) Keeping us informed as to all the details we want is not their job description. Their focus is on solving the crime, and the best LE will hold to that focus regardless of public complaint.

JMO, IMO...

I'm once again confused...I though Gamble (via mutual friend) contacted the P family:

Now I may have this wrong but I believe I saw a video in these threads ofLisa Jeter, who said she is a good friend of the Papinis, andGamble. She explained that SHE introduced the ANONYMOUS DONOR to Papini's (not sure which ones) and donor agreed to donate ransom. I'm not sure if donor contacted Gamble or Lisa set up their meeting or if Papini's called on Gamble....but Lisa seemed to know Gamble, in the video. Anyone remember this???? JMO

I'm reading everyone's posts, but mostly only here at this point awaiting apprehension of these beasts, and subsequent justice for Sherri. The tedious mountain of details are secondary to me now. But I am interested in what everyone thinks about the motive ... if you believe Sherri knows why this happened, why would she want it kept secret? Thoughts, please.

If they threatened her children's lives? (If she told what she knows)

One of my working theories is sex trafficking, or sex in some manner. No one has confirmed or denied that she was sexually assaulted. I think she was, and LE wants to keep that quiet for now for who knows why. Maybe simply for the family's sake. To be raped is bad enough, but for the world to know it is even worse.

I agree. Kind of like when you are searching for a lost item, you find it only after you have focused on a different task.

So, does anyone have questions about the anonymous donor? I have never heard of a stranger donating so much money for a kidnap victim. Wasn't it up to $100,000. towards the end?

I have a million questions! Or at least 100,000.

Who? Why? How did this person learn about the case and decide to contact CG? I mean, did he or she just google "hostage negotiator redding"?

And I don't mean to suggest anything KP or SP did was fake, but does the anon donor exist? Could it just be one of CG's tactics?

I don't understand why LE got bent out shape when KP spoke about the extent of SP's injuries. Seriously, what possible value could be had by withholding those details? False confessions? The confessor wouldn't know what the brand said anyway.

I haven't seen anything by local law enforcement that inspires confidence. The sheriff spends a great deal of time saying pretty much nothing to the press. I wish the FBI had taken over this case.

I can tell you exactly why. Specifically, the branding. LE would want to hold that close to the vest because only a few people would be aware that she was branded - SP, LE, her immediate loved ones and, of course, the only other ones that should have knowledge would be the perp(s) who participated in the branding and holding her captive.

This is common practice for LE. And wise. I cringed when I heard KP say she had been branded knowing LE had not released that info.

On the Project Taken FB he has now given a narrative bio that can be read across a few posts:
https://www.facebook.com/projecttaken/

I find this most interesting.....

"Assisting in kidnap and ransom, hostage negotiation, extraction, resolution at %100 success rate."

Written yesterday at 7:01 pm.

So, either his job as their negotiator was done at %100 or he is lying and full of himself. I suspect door #1. JMO

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1292895514096778&id=232665370119803

Now I may have this wrong but I believe I saw a video in these threads ofLisa Jeter, who said she is a good friend of the Papinis, andGamble. She explained that SHE introduced the ANONYMOUS DONOR to Papini's (not sure which ones) and donor agreed to donate ransom. I'm not sure if donor contacted Gamble or Lisa set up their meeting or if Papini's called on Gamble....but Lisa seemed to know Gamble, in the video. Anyone remember this???? JMO

Yes, LJ is the one I've read in at least one article as being the 'mutual friend' who got Gamble and the P family together. I don't recall reading that she also got the donor together with them, but I suppose it's possible.

I had the impression that the anonymous donor was actually a family member. (Though I've read so much about this, I'd be hard-pressed to find a link supporting that impression at this point.)

"Assisting in kidnap and ransom, hostage negotiation, extraction, resolution at %100 success rate."

So, either his job as their negotiator was done at %100 or he is lying and full of himself. I suspect door #1. JMO

I think he is saying that SP being returned was because of the ransom .... not that it was paid ..... because of her return he has a 100% success race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she was chained to the steering wheel, you would think she was in the front seat. This seems stange if she always had a bag over her head, more people could see her. It would seem they would have her lay down in the back seat, so she wouldn't been seen.

She was chained to the car door by her left wrist according to KP in the 20/20 interview. I think she must have been in the back seat. JMO.

On the Project Taken FB he has now given a narrative bio that can be read across a few posts:
https://www.facebook.com/projecttaken/

lol

I think he is quite good at self-promotion. :angel:

I have so far only found one report of his kidnap negotiating history and it was on his own site. Nothing about his time in the military either.

I would really like to know how this went down with CG as he apparently showed up very early on:
KRCR first received this letter in an email from bringsherrihome@gmail.com, sent on November 6. In that email, the anonymous source said they were willing to provide proof that they had that kind of money available and were willing to release bank statements showing such. KRCR was unable to confirm the letter was from a legitimate source, and chose not to make the letter public at that time.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851

Also Gamble himself said he was acting independently of the family while the sister said the family has no association with it:
“We are offering this reward with no strings attached," Gamble told the Record Searchlight Thursday. "We have not been talking with the police on this. We’re acting independent from the family as well.”...

Papini’s sister, Sheila Koester, said she had no knowledge about the letter and that the Papini family members had no association with the website.

“I have no idea. It’s nothing that I knew of,” she said.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/P...ffers-reward-for-missing-woman-401771575.html

I think he is saying that SP being returned was because of the ransom .... not that it was paid ..... because of her return he has a 100% success race

Could be.

Thanks.

So PT is finished no matter what? Would this interfere with starting a new corp?

No it wouldn't. He could also resurrect this one by filing the statement and paying the fee and some penalties.

Yes, LJ is the one I've read in at least one article as being the 'mutual friend' who got Gamble and the P family together. I don't recall reading that she also got the donor together with them, but I suppose it's possible.

I had the impression that the anonymous donor was actually a family member. (Though I've read so much about this, I'd be hard-pressed to find a link supporting that impression at this point.)

There IS video somewhere of LJ explaining about the ransom money. It may have been local video because the community wanted to know about it. I could swear it was here somewhere Redding Searchlight??? Anyway, I really want to know who the big bucks donor is, because they may be a major clue to this mystery!!!! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member