Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that there are several crimes involved here. We just have no solid clues as to how they are connected. Le has to investigate the weird money issue, I think. Not accusing, but I want to know how all these players are connected. Is it possibly Bethel church????? JMO

I am at a loss for words on this one.

LE seems like they are handling a basic break-in or something, Imo. Yes, there is a reward but based on such sketchy info, doubtful as to it being a factor. I know Redding is said to be a crime-infested place, but this crime seems a bit out of the norm for any place in the U.S. Yet they almost downplay it at every turn and Imo, do not want to reveal how this could happen. Physically happen, I mean, in as what did the perps do to get Sherry close enough to abduct her? Did they scream for help? Throw something? Call out to her? What?? WHY is this so top secret?

I do buy that they aren't saying because they don't want to "tip off the perps" as the perps already know how they did it and would assume SP does too. Why doesn't the public of the area deserve or need to know?

I really think they have a handle on who did this and they are either searching for them or gathering more information to solidify their case. I also have a feeling that they think SP may have been targeted and that's why no major public warnings from LE.

This was in 2007. Do you know if he was still in the military when they set this up?
No. He was working for a private firm that provided personnel recovery options to the government.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

So..... I finally just watched the 20/20. I do have a few thoughts - new and old....

I believe KP is sincere and not involved. But it bothered me A LOT that he never once said Sherri's name. Just referred to her as "my wife." The whole interview.

It bothers me that he did the "find my phone" app before actually attempting to CALL Sherri. And that he called his mother to find out if Sherri had been in touch. That's weird to me.

It bothers me that the family (KP) assumed abduction before anything else. I think there must be a reason for that.

It bothered me that he told the babies that "he" found Sherri.

It was implied that the women who abducted Sherri duped her into approaching their vehicle. But I sincerely doubt she would have done so if their faces were covered. Was this the only time Sherri saw their faces?

All the family photos and photos of SP and KP. Seems like overkill to me.

CG is creepy AF. There is more there, IMO.

I still wonder why Sherri was abducted. Why she was harmed? Why was she was released? WHY???

I pray for Sherri's recovery and for the perps to be caught and prosecuted ASAP.

"It bothers me that he did the "find my phone" app before actually attempting to CALL Sherri. And that he called his mother to find out if Sherri had been in touch. That's weird to me."

According to a FB interview after the show, the reporter said that KP DID in fact, call SP a few times before he tried the app. [ linked upthread somewhere]

"It bothers me that the family (KP) assumed abduction before anything else. I think there must be a reason for that."

I feel like he explained that pretty well. He haD NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT HER, had not heard from her for hours, she hadn't picked up the children, her car was still home, and her phone was on the side of the road. What else could it mean? I'd think abduction too if it was my daughter jogging.

[I"]It bothered me that he told the babies that "he" found Sherri."[/I]

I thought it was a little weird too. But my husband said 'he's a 4 yr old.' Keep it simple. So I can understand how it was said in simple terms that a 4 yr old could understand.

"It was implied that the women who abducted Sherri duped her into approaching their vehicle. But I sincerely doubt she would have done so if their faces were covered. Was this the only time Sherri saw their faces?"

I think it might have been the only time. And I bet they had sunglasses and ball caps etc. JMO

"All the family photos and photos of SP and KP. Seems like overkill to me."

I think it was the producers that put all that sentimental stuff on. It was not KP's fault, imo.

I am at a loss for words on this one.

LE seems like they are handling a basic break-in or something, Imo. Yes, there is a reward but based on such sketchy info, doubtful as to it being a factor. I know Redding is said to be a crime-infested place, but this crime seems a bit out of the norm for any place in the U.S. Yet they almost downplay it at every turn and Imo, do not want to reveal how this could happen. Physically happen, I mean, in as what did the perps do to get Sherry close enough to abduct her? Did they scream for help? Throw something? Call out to her? What?? WHY is this so top secret?

I do buy that they aren't saying because they don't want to "tip off the perps" as the perps already know how they did it and would assume SP does too. Why doesn't the public of the area deserve or need to know?

RBBM : Why indeed ...

Oh my! I completely forgot that the letter was received by the press so early! Are you certain of the date? LE hadn't cleared KP yet, and they hadn't called off the searches yet, do how the heck would an anonymous donor know to step in?

Yes, this is the TV station who said they had received it but refused to run the story back then:
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851
This has been a huge detail to me ever since I found out about it given what was going on that early into the missing persons case.

She's so lucky to be alive, SP... I do not understand why there is no speculation of motive from MSM jmo And LE seems so disconnected somehow...jmo Are there any other crimes where both LE and MSM acted like this ? Any crimes where the public has been misled about the crime itself and the perp's motives ?

I've seen tons of speculation in the MSM about the motive. One of the morning shows had a former FBI profiler on that suggested sex trafficking. Then they had other experts who said it couldn't be trafficking. On MSNBC the experts thought it was something personal but did not elaborate much. 20/20 had someone who suggested a cult and brainwashing was involved.

I suspect that there are several crimes involved here. We just have no solid clues as to how they are connected. Le has to investigate the weird money issue, I think. Not accusing, but I want to know how all these players are connected. Is it possibly Bethel church????? JMO

I think you're right about there being several crimes, all connected. I think once the crimes are separated and players identified the connection will become clear. I hope!

Heck, maybe CG goes to DAV meetings and that's where he recruits clients. :)

No. He was working for a private firm that provided personnel recovery options to the government.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thanks. That's what I figured. So his big military career lasted less than six years. I wonder what happened.

Why is that so amazing? I used the same app to find hubby's phone a few times already, with no help from gamble. Hubby always loses his phone.

My daughter taught me how because she used to use it to find out where her no good rotten ex used to disappear to?

Keith is an IT guy. I am sure he knew how to look for a lost phone without the help of CG.

People are trying really hard to implicate CG in this abduction. The guy may be a self-promoter, but that's a far cry from engineering this kind of sick crime. Unless he's fabricated everything, he does have some significant credentials. Is there any evidence he's ever been involved in criminal activity?

It appears, based on more than one article, that CG did not seek out this case. Someone at his church, who had an earlier connection with Sherri, suggested to the Papinis that CG might be able to help. Nothing unreasonable about that. CG said this was a unique case, not the kind he's usually involved in. By that, he most likely means he is usually involved in cases involving hostage-taking with clear ransom demands. This case was not like that.

All of which begs the question: If he engineered Sherri's abduction, why not engineer a simple abduction followed by a ransom demand? Wouldn't that be easier? He could've accomplished his purpose without subjecting Sherri to unimaginable abuse? It would also make his entry into the case more natural. None of the reverse ransom weirdness would be needed.

I just don't see it. Unless there is evidence CG has a serious criminal background, I think this theory is not only extremely unlikely; I think it's a colossal waste of time.

I've seen tons of speculation in the MSM about the motive. One of the morning shows had a former FBI profiler on that suggested sex trafficking. Then they had other experts who said it couldn't be trafficking. On MSNBC the experts thought it was something personal but did not elaborate much. 20/20 had someone who suggested a cult and brainwashing was involved.

Sex trafficking doesn't seem to fit. Isn't it usually younger females and also why was she then released if that was the motive?

Don't cults wait until they've lured you in to start that sort of treatment? They recruit you, then isolate and break you down. I doubt this is about a cult.

Jmo

I have the worst timing as relates to the thread being locked. This is what I was trying to reply to in thread #14 before it was shut down.

3. The over emotional things (like tucking a blanket in and pretending it was her child :thinking:) didn't sit right with me, nor did KP referring only to SP as "his wife". Something uncomfortable about both of these things.
SBM. I posted near the end of thread #13 theorizing that KP's perceived lack of anger or emotion towards the perpetrators was a conscious choice on his part. I have two similar theories as to why:

Theory #1: The perpetrator is obsessed with KP. The abduction and torture of SP were efforts to take away who KP loved so that the perp could take SP's place. The beatings, hair cutting, and branding were designed to make SP unlovable.

Theory #2: The perpetrator wants KP's obedience or loyalty, and kidnaps SP as a way to flex his/her muscle and show KP what happens if KP doesn't comply.

With either theory, KP is the prize. The entire affair is intended to get KP to respond the way the perp wants, so by KP not responding, he's withholding the perp's "reward." Referring to SP as "my wife" says that KP's commitment to her hasn't changed. Lack of fervor directed towards the perp says that KP isn't threatened. By ignoring the role played by the perp, KP is refusing to play by the bad guy's rules, and maybe that's on purpose, hoping to provoke him/her into making a mistake. This is ALL my interpretation based on my theories.

Thanks. That's what I figured. So his big military career lasted less than six years. I wonder what happened.

Perhaps he got the training he needed to pursue a private enterprise. It seems like helping missionaries is important to him. Not something the military is usually involved doing.

It almost seems like this is a Reality Show for Survivalists and Sherri was the Pawn...

Such a sad strange case. I hope Sherri heals...

IMOO.

Cult may not be too far off the mark. As it's obvious, I am extremely suspicious of that church which has quite a reputation. A few local posters here have implied as much, too. JMO

I think this theory is not only extremely unlikely; I think it's a colossal waste of time.

While it may be a waste of time, I *do* think it is worth thinking on. The key players that have been identified are KP, SP and CG. And yes, CG is a key player. KP and SP have been cleared. It is only natural to investigate whether CG is on the up and up.

Well, I have to admit it, I'm bamboozled!
I followed this case from the bleachers from quite early on, initially convinced of close-quarters foul-play, then later while watching the lack-luster search efforts I thought suicide might have been possible. Then after she walked out alive, gosh! WT#€%*!
Since that point, I can't keep up with this thread as the number of hours needed to keep up with posts, deletions, shut-downs are more than anybody's God has given me. And still, even with one eye here and one eye on the media, I cannot fathom the 'whodunit', the 'why they did it' , the means, motive, the opportunity...it all feels like a very contemporary Agatha Christie with a full room of odd characters. I wish someone would solve it and roll the credits already.
...Because spinning in my mind and the pit of my sleuther's stomach something is not right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler