Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It bothers me that he did the "find my phone" app before actually attempting to CALL Sherri. And that he called his mother to find out if Sherri had been in touch. That's weird to me."

According to a FB interview after the show, the reporter said that KP DID in fact, call SP a few times before he tried the app. [ linked upthread somewhere]

"It bothers me that the family (KP) assumed abduction before anything else. I think there must be a reason for that."

I feel like he explained that pretty well. He haD NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT HER, had not heard from her for hours, she hadn't picked up the children, her car was still home, and her phone was on the side of the road. What else could it mean? I'd think abduction too if it was my daughter jogging.

[I"]It bothered me that he told the babies that "he" found Sherri."[/I]

I thought it was a little weird too. But my husband said 'he's a 4 yr old.' Keep it simple. So I can understand how it was said in simple terms that a 4 yr old could understand.

"It was implied that the women who abducted Sherri duped her into approaching their vehicle. But I sincerely doubt she would have done so if their faces were covered. Was this the only time Sherri saw their faces?"

I think it might have been the only time. And I bet they had sunglasses and ball caps etc. JMO

"All the family photos and photos of SP and KP. Seems like overkill to me."

I think it was the producers that put all that sentimental stuff on. It was not KP's fault, imo.

I've never seen one time where KP tried calling SP. Even he didn't say that.

And the family photos were not just posted on 20/20. They've been ALL over the media pretty much since Sherri went missing.

I am at a loss for words on this one.

LE seems like they are handling a basic break-in or something, Imo. Yes, there is a reward but based on such sketchy info, doubtful as to it being a factor. I know Redding is said to be a crime-infested place, but this crime seems a bit out of the norm for any place in the U.S. Yet they almost downplay it at every turn and Imo, do not want to reveal how this could happen. Physically happen, I mean, in as what did the perps do to get Sherry close enough to abduct her? Did they scream for help? Throw something? Call out to her? What?? WHY is this so top secret?

I do buy that they aren't saying because they don't want to "tip off the perps" as the perps already know how they did it and would assume SP does too. Why doesn't the public of the area deserve or need to know?

It really is strange that they won't say how she was approached. Of course I'm not in LE so I don't fully understand the scope of investigations, but telling us that say a car pulled up and asked for assistance, or someone came to the door, etc., shouldn't compromise an investigation. If anything I would think it would help prevent them from doing it to someone else. This really is one of the most bizarre, confusing cases I've ever seen.

The idea that CG might be involved in the abduction is way too far out, but he still comes across as iffy. What do you think the FBI or whoever made of this tidbit from his missionary page:

He's 36 years old.

IDK. Like I said, I do find his credentials stretch the bounds of credibility, but how can you play with fire like that and not get caught, especially when your name's splashed all over the place in a high profile case as it is now.

I wouldn't be surprised at there being some embellishment, but I don't see how he'd get away with outright lying....unless he's in the govt's scope as we speak and just hasn't been grabbed up for it.

ETA: I'm not sure I understand the second part of your post. He would have been 21 then which doesn't seem odd to me unless I'm missing something.

Just wanted to add that someone who wanted to rat out the perp could also know about the branding and its location, adding legitimacy to the witness.

I can tell you exactly why. Specifically, the branding. LE would want to hold that close to the vest because only a few people would be aware that she was branded - SP, LE, her immediate loved ones and, of course, the only other ones that should have knowledge would be the perp(s) who participated in the branding and holding her captive.

This is common practice for LE. And wise. I cringed when I heard KP say she had been branded knowing LE had not released that info.

From the Matt G pre-show facebook live video posted before last night's 20/20 episode, these three things stuck out to me:

1. LE has no suspects, but they have not eliminated KP/SP because they are not ruling out anything at this point
2. The interview was KP'S idea, not ABC'S
3. Finally an explanation per SP of what actually happened and how she was snatched

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154421822094934&id=163497464933

4:35
Question: were the police upset that he sat down with you?
MG: Police AREN'T upset--I don't know if they're UPSET, but they certainly want to know what he said, and they're curious about his body language as well...the police don't have any suspects, but they tell me they haven't eliminated anyone, including Keith Papini and Sherri

6:30
MG: Keith came to us he wanted to do this interview because he wants to clear his name

10:40
MG: Sherri says she was jogging down the road two women pulled up, at gunpoint, and with some force, got her into the car obviously against her will and we're to understand she put up a fight...

MG mentions many times that KP came across as very genuine and sincere, he also seems to mention very briefly that LE has one other piece of information they haven't released, but I'm not sure I heard that right so left it out.

Someone else might get more out of this than I did, these are the things that stuck out as new info to me.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

Wow...especially with number 1 ETA: I thought LE ruled out KP and had no reason to disbelieve SP. This is why I'm like :confused:

My gut feeling on CG after looking at his resume is that he is a nobody trying to cash in on his military career despite not having any marketable skills. His bio deliberately leaves out military job title, time in service, deployment information, and rank, all of which is a red flag. We do know he was a junior enlisted in-flight refueler. He touts SERE training like its a special qualification. As far as I know, ALL flight personnel attend SERE (technically all military have to attend "SERE" but for most that's called SERE 101 or SERE A which is a PowerPoint class.) This isn't to knock SERE training. I've heard it's quite terrible. But it's not an elite school. From his LinkedIn, it appears that he's made at least three attempts to cash in on his escape/survival training, including Advanced Catalyst, Project Taken, and something called Palladium. There's not much information on any of them and I suspect they never got very far.

That being said, I don't suspect he's involved. His type (trying to live off the auto-hero status of being a veteran despite not actually having done much in their military career) are a dime a dozen. I think he's just someone trying to insert himself into a case that happened to come up in his community in order to gain attention. Has KP or any of the family actually mentioned him since SP was found?

People are trying really hard to implicate CG in this abduction. The guy may be a self-promoter, but that's a far cry from engineering this kind of sick crime. Unless he's fabricated everything, he does have some significant credentials. Is there any evidence he's ever been involved in criminal activity?

It appears, based on more than one article, that CG did not seek out this case. Someone at his church, who had an earlier connection with Sherri, suggested to the Papinis that CG might be able to help. Nothing unreasonable about that. CG said this was a unique case, not the kind he's usually involved in. By that, he most likely means he is usually involved in cases involving hostage-taking with clear ransom demands. This case was not like that.

All of which begs the question: If he engineered Sherri's abduction, why not engineer a simple abduction followed by a ransom demand? Wouldn't that be easier? He could've accomplished his purpose without subjecting Sherri to unimaginable abuse? It would also make his entry into the case more natural. None of the reverse ransom weirdness would be needed.

I just don't see it. Unless there is evidence CG has a serious criminal background, I think this theory is not only extremely unlikely; I think it's a colossal waste of time.

You say that the P case is different from the kinds of cases in which CG is usually involved. Can you give an example of one of those cases?

He seems totally believable. Emotionally he seems mad/frustrated.

Just watched it and I thought his crying was genuine. I've seen phony crying before. He seems like a husband who really loves his wife and feels her pain.

Wow...especially with number 1 ETA: I thought LE ruled out KP and had no reason to disbelieve SP. This is why I'm like :confused:
MG doesn't say they are "suspects," he was very careful to say the sheriff is not ruling out anything at this point.

I've never seen one time where KP tried calling SP. Even he didn't say that.

And the family photos were not just posted on 20/20. They've been ALL over the media pretty much since Sherri went missing.
. Matt Gutman, the 20/20 reporter, wrote on his twitter page that Keith did call her first. I don't know why they didn't include that on the show.

MG doesn't say they are "suspects," he was very careful to say the sheriff is not ruling out anything at this point.

True...but I was under the impression they were ruled out.

Since Gamble is okay to look at;
He seems to benefit from this.
Can we take this and duplicate this process and apply it to other missing persons or abduction cases throughout the world, throughout the u.s. especially,
"this was kind of a test case. it was, and if you look at it, even the sheriff said it's never been done in the history of the u.s., so we made history."
http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20...-Gamble-Speaks-About-Sherri-Papini-Return.htm

<modsnip>
Cameron Gamble is 36.
[FONT=&amp]Cameron&#8217;s been training the U.S. Military Special Ops community on survival tactics since shortly after September 11, 2001[/FONT]
https://www.ibethel.org/missionaries/cameron-jen-gamble/ Cameron Gamble would have been 21 in 2001. I personally don't see how he'd get through SO, his time in the service, and then set up survival training after 9/11. j.s.

<modsnip>
That's all I've got for now. I just don't get good vibes off of CG. I hope all of this is w/in TOA.

No important questions were asked on 20/20 nor answered, we learned next to nothing. He was WAY too emotional, it was pretty close to being unbelievable. Deep down this must be a very sad story and we will probably never find out much more than we know now.
I don't think he was way too emotional. Some men are sensitive.

Since Gamble is okay to look at;
He seems to benefit from this.
http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20...-Gamble-Speaks-About-Sherri-Papini-Return.htm

<modsnip>
His timeline and age does not add up. Cameron Gamble is 36.
https://www.ibethel.org/missionaries/cameron-jen-gamble/ Cameron Gamble would have been 15/16 in 2001.

<modsnip>

That's all I've got for now. I just don't get good vibes off of CG. I hope all of this is w/in TOA.

I'm 34 and I was 19 in 2001. So he was 21.

I can't even tell you how many moms I've recommended using the iPhone or a comparable app. The last discussion was with a mom at my husband's work Christmas party last night. Turns out we're both "stalker moms". It is very common and KP being a techie would naturally know about the app and wouldn't need to be told. JMO

Ok now that feels damning-how much of a coincidence can it be that the guy hired to find SP recommends using an app to find your wife, and that is exactly how it went down? I can't.

Yep. Guilty.

I actually know many (I could probably name 10) women who have SUV's and no children (some have teenagers or adult children who don't live with them). Maybe it's just common where I live but it's definitely not weird to drive an SUV if you don't have kids in my city.

Honestly, I think the Sheriff kind of left the Papini family out to dry. I don't blame Keith for releasing enough details to help give credibility to his wife. I understand the Sheriff has an investigation, but by not releasing those details no one was believing her story. Not only is it hard on the family, but also gives the public the false sense of security that this was a hoax.
Kinda like the victims of the Vallejo kidnapping of Matthew Muller were hung out to dry by Vallejo PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper