Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, this poor family can't win for losing.

If Keith is unemotional, he'd be accused of being cold and not caring about his wife (and so he surely did something to her) . But if he is too emotional then he's not believable.

If he didn't do the interview, people would be accusing him of hiding something or of being closed off after everything the public did to help him. But then when he decides to do an interview, he's slammed for exposing Sherri's ordeal to the world or potentially hindering the investigation.

Oy.

I am about 15 pages behind but couldn't help bringing this post forward because it's so true. Other than not being able to pinpoint a clear motive yet, to me what Redux described has been the most frustrating part of this story (and, it has become part of the story, whether we like it or not.) Which is why I, personally, completely understand Keith's urge to defend his wife's name.
But, the poor guy can do nothing right, it seems. Very sad.

We did learn a few things. We learned that SP was driven for 2.5 hours when she was abducted. She must have seen a clock or just estimated it.

RSBM
Just adding that another WS member brought up a very good point a thread or two ago by suggesting that the radio might have been on, in the car. Which I think could be a perfectly good explanation as to why Sherri mentioned such an exact time frame.

I don't read much into that. We use that app around our house all the time when we misplace our phones.

Same.

My phone, iPad, and Fitbit would be perpetually lost without those apps. Thank goodness they can all transmit through hampers filled with dirty clothes. :)

I'm really struggling with all the speculation regarding CG. The ransom approach may be unconventional in trying to locate a person missing person. But the family believed she had been abducted (possibly by traffickers). CG was suggested to KP by a mutual friend. So is the mutual friend somehow in cahoots, too? IIRC, nobody has been named a POI, so why is he under such scrutiny? Irregardless of what anyone may think of his professional or personal life, CG was a logical option IMO. KP also spoke of psychics in being open to trying anything to find his wife. Should we be discrediting them, too? What if someone had been brutally raped and came forward to acknowledge a support group instrumental in their recovery. Would the group be characterized as self-serving because they wanted to offer their services to other individuals who may encounter the same trauma? CG has a mission relating to trafficking, which happens to be a huge problem there. To somehow insinuate that he had anything at all to do with her abduction for personal gain is just unfounded. JMO

I personally, am not saying saying, Yes, CG did this, but, I can't not look at him, if only b/c of the odd coincidences surrounding him (some of which he caused himself). Just like LE can't not look at the spouse, when their wife/husband goes missing, no matter how perfect their lives seem to be on the outside.

RSBM
Just adding that another WS member brought up a very good point a thread or two ago by suggesting that the radio might have been on, in the car. Which I think could be a perfectly good explanation as to why Sherri mentioned such an exact time frame.

Especially if stations changed along the drive! She might be familiar where some end and others begin. I do this on road trips.

New here! Hello everyone. Is there a way to attach an image? Just saw an image of dispatch report and it mentioned storage container/shed

20/20 stated that after 9 days, Keith had passed his polygraph and was cleared as a suspect.

Not to get off topic, but why would anyone care if a suspect passed or failed a polygraph? They are meaningless. Which is why they are not allowed as evidence in court. This is widely known, and yet we still treat them as if they actually reveal relevant information.

Why not just: "He passed his interview with our psychic, so he's no longer a suspect." Or "Language analysis revealed he's telling the truth." Etc., etc.

I personally, am not saying saying, Yes, CG did this, but, I can't not look at him, if only b/c of the odd coincidences surrounding him (some of which he caused himself). Just like LE can't not look at the spouse, when their wife/husband goes missing, no matter how perfect their lives seem to be on the outside.

How did Beach say it? He's a public figure who became involved with this case. He inserted himself in a way. Not a suspect or POI, but sleuth-able just the same. We search and find and imo as long as we can back up our opinions we can share them. I think there's more to him and his involvement that appears on the surface but that doesn't mean I think he's guilty.

But yes, i want to know more.

I hope I have this right!

New here! Hello everyone. Is there a way to attach an image? Just saw an image of dispatch report and it mentioned storage container/shed

To upload an image:

Choose "advanced settings" after you open up a reply box, then "manage attachments."

Then:

1. choose file.
2. upload
3. close window
4. post

PS: Welcome to WebSleuths! :)

Choose "advanced settings" after you open up a reply box, then "manage image" to upload a photo.

And make sure you add the link and the source. Otherwise they will delete it.

ETA- that is for Emarie, not you Hope...lol

Quote Originally Posted by natsound View Post
We did learn a few things. We learned that SP was driven for 2.5 hours when she was abducted. She must have seen a clock or just estimated it.

2.5 hour drive estimated would make it likely she was taken to Sacramento. Additionally if I recall correctly she was left off on the north bound side of I-5, indicating she was driven north out of Sacramento and let go.

Agreed! KP spoke of SP needing it to be quiet and the room darkened. If she was in a basement, it's possible there was music or something playing loudly enough that would've drowned out any screaming. I shutter to think, but it could also be a way to break her psychologically.

Break her psychologically for what? It makes no sense. <modsnip>

Keeping someone for 3 weeks is hugely expensive. I'm not just talking about the cost to feed them. I'm talking about having to guard them, take precautions they are not located, communication with various people throughout to avoid detection. It takes a lot of time that could be spent somewhere else ("opportunity costs"). And of course the risk you would be caught and spend much more money/time defending yourself, going to prison for years, etc. Why? What is the payoff?

Gangs do not typically sex traffic 34 year old blonde American women with a family and involved in the community. Please. They go after much younger, vulnerable girls who can disappear with few people knowing or caring. And they certainly don't hold them for 3 weeks and simply torture them, only to let them go. That's 3 weeks of zero income, high risk.

Gang initiation? OK, maybe, but 3 weeks?!? I can see some crazy initiation where they must kidnap and brutalize a woman, but not for 3 weeks!

Revenge on the family runs into the same issues. You can "send a message" in 3 days, you don't need 3 weeks. Too risky, makes no sense.

And make sure you add the link and the source. Otherwise they will delete it.

ETA- that is for Emarie, not you Hope...lol
Hmmm it was on another page and it seems legit. I can't figure out how to upload it but it makes mention of a male holding a female against her will in a storage container/shed.

Thank you! I've been reading for years just never registered before.

So this worldy CG just happened to be in little Redding, and knew their babysitter? Do I have that right?

cg has traning video up on church website. girl is held hostage, then guess what end of video hair chopped off.

cg has traning video up on church website. girl is held hostage, then guess what end of video hair chopped off.

There are so many red flags here it's just ridiculous. I think our weekend warrior and 9/11 "hero" CG is the key to this case. Have we traced the money he supposedly had to use as a ransom? Did it come from the church from which they all seem to be connected? Would also be good to know any communication with the family before this incident, and specifically with whom he communicated.

Ok, I know it doesn't prove anything or maybe even mean a darn thing but my goodness, there are so many crazy hinky things about this guy. So many coincidences. It's just odd. Someone said maybe he just wants attention, and yes that could be it and all it is. Whether he's involved or not, I don't have a good feeling about him. I can't help it.

Hmmm it was on another page and it seems legit. I can't figure out how to upload it but it makes mention of a male holding a female against her will in a storage container/shed.

Does it refer to this case? Because that was a case in South Carolina, I believe. So it would be unrelated to this, at least according to evidence and information released so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602