Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo only, but I believe in LD tests. There is a reason they are still in use after decades of much advanced technology.

I had to take one back in the eighties in my first real job, when a sum of money was missing from the hotel manager's safe. Of those of us who had the combination , we all passed the LD with the exception of one woman, who failed and later confessed and returned the money to avoid prosecution.

It was a terrifying experience and I was not at all calm. I was a nervous mess but I still passed, as did the others.

Anyway, kind of OT and FWIW...

Right, but sociopaths are known to beat them, as they can lie without effort.

Maybe it was tied to either her or a family members views on race then..so,e sort of revenge attack or something done to "teach her a lesson"

attack seemed way too personal to be random and they released her...which tells me they either had no intention of killing her but just wanted to scare her and teach her a lesson, OR they took the ransom money

also, is it just me or is Cameron gamble extremely charismatic? Lol

What views on race? Her first husband was Jewish and she had dated Latino men. Unless you're saying the Latina women were perhaps closet white supremicists?

IIRC, Shasta College is on the same road she was jogging (Old Oregon Trail), about 5 miles down from where she was abducted. There were also several reports of girls being approached on campus.

I dunno. It just seems like a weird place to be looking for "younger" girls in the middle of the day. Maybe if it was near a business district. But it was random. It does make me ask why those women were in that neighborhood...cleaning service? Day care providers? Floral delivery? I've not heard that anyone from le has spoken to neighbors.

Hello everyone, I just have a few minutes right now but wanted to jump in and clear up a couple possible misconceptions.

1. Sherri being classified as "voluntarily missing" was the result of a database entry made by a California Department of Justice employee. The SCSO immediately publicly objected to that and the classification was corrected in short order.

2. There seems to be some confusion about the reward money that was being offered, and probably rightfully so as it was really never reported accurately. There was actually 4 sources of funding.
a. $50,000 in cash that was put up by SP's family member(s) for information leading to her safe return within a few days of her abduction.
b. the reverse ransom funds put up by the anonymous donor which was stated as $50,000 by CG at first, then he made a statement making it an unknown amount as he was not putting a price on human life, and finally that money became a reward in the amount of $100,000 to whomever could provide information leading to Sherri's freedom.
c. a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever was responsible for the abduction of Sherri Papini by the Shasta County Secret Witness Program.
d. money raised in the account which was set up to handle whatever was needed by KP, which hit a little over $48k as I recall. Those funds were used to pay private investigators and some of the advertising costs I believe and I have no idea what balance is remaining or how the funds will be used; if it was me I would imagine moving costs may come into play as well as security systems.

3. Bill Garcia was not hired per se by the Papini family; my understanding is, like many other generous people, he volunteered his services. From what I've read he does seem to have some experience working kidnapping and sex trafficking cases south of the border which is fairly rampant. He has pursued several leads and continues to do so last I heard.

4. According to eveything I know, everything KP has stated publicly and everything stated by LE, Sherri's abduction occurred near Old Oregon Trail Drive, not her home as some keep theorizing.

I'll try to answer a few more questions before I head out.

Seems like several of those close to Sherri believe this was done by sex traffickers. I wonder why? I have a feeling they know things that the public doesn't. They probably have good reason to believe what they do, especially if they've talked to Sherri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe they were punishing her for "tricking them".

Why planning? They saw her and abducted her.
So, they just saw her and grabbed her for a dirty look. Suddenly had somewhere secluded to hold her for 3 weeks and randomly had restraints in the car with them when they grabbed SP to keep her from escaping.

I might believe it if they were going to grab someone and the fact that they chose SP was random.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks again Lake16. Do we know if and why Sherri asked Keith if he was coming home for lunch? TIA

Hello everyone, I just have a few minutes right now but wanted to jump in and clear up a couple possible misconceptions.

1. Sherri being classified as "voluntarily missing" was the result of a database entry made by a California Department of Justice employee. The SCSO immediately publicly objected to that and the classification was corrected in short order.

2. There seems to be some confusion about the reward money that was being offered, and probably rightfully so as it was really never reported accurately. There was actually 4 sources of funding.
a. $50,000 in cash that was put up by SP's family member(s) for information leading to her safe return within a few days of her abduction.
b. the reverse ransom funds put up by the anonymous donor which was stated as $50,000 by CG at first, then he made a statement making it an unknown amount as he was not putting a price on human life, and finally that money became a reward in the amount of $100,000 to whomever could provide information leading to Sherri's freedom.
c. a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever was responsible for the abduction of Sherri Papini by the Shasta County Secret Witness Program.
d. money raised in the account which was set up to handle whatever was needed by KP, which hit a little over $48k as I recall. Those funds were used to pay private investigators and some of the advertising costs I believe and I have no idea what balance is remaining or how the funds will be used; if it was me I would imagine moving costs may come into play as well as security systems.

3. Bill Garcia was not hired per se by the Papini family; my understanding is, like many other generous people, he volunteered his services. From what I've read he does seem to have some experience working kidnapping and sex trafficking cases south of the border which is fairly rampant. He has pursued several leads and continues to do so last I heard.

4. According to eveything I know, everything KP has stated publicly and everything stated by LE, Sherri's abduction occurred near Old Oregon Trail Drive, not her home as some keep theorizing.

Has Garcia spoken with Sherri?

Not a question, just wanted to tell you that the Papinis are fortunate to have friends like you and what sounds like an entire community willing to do whatever was necessary to bring her back home alive. :)

The specifics of what happened are irrelevant compared to that most basic reality, that she's back with her husband and her children, thanks in part to her friends, family, and community.

Thanks again Lake16. Do we know if and why Sherri asked Keith if he was coming home for lunch? TIA

No, I don't know. I think there are days that his schedule allows him to do so though.

Do you know when Sherri last spoke to LE?

No I don't, but I heard she spoke with them extensively Monday and Tuesday last week which was verified by the Sheriff as i recall.

I understand if you can't answer this or don't know. But, at any point was Sherri drugged?

Lake - how is Sherri? I'm sure still a mess, but is she feeling well, physically?

The most I can say is "recovering". I feel it is KP's right to issue (or not) any statements about his wife's health.
Lake - how is Sherri? I'm sure still a mess, but is she feeling well, physically?

Thank you for the "plain vanilla criminal behavior", I needed that :) There's so much that doesn't make sense and I get the speculation. I just don't think we're dealing with rational women who were out grocery shopping. These are brutal criminals likely using at the time. JMO

Sounds like only one of her abductors actually released SP. Maybe the other one wanted to kill her.

We're talking about folks who were willing and able to snatch someone off the street, then to brutally torture her for weeks. That's not plain vanilla criminal behavior, and imo it suggests these folks were capable of killing SP but didn't.

Since all we can do is guess, my guess is that things didn't go as originally planned, for multiple reasons, including the intense state-wide then national publicity about SP's abduction. There was nothing inevitable or predictable about that degree of publicity, especially if her abductors had no idea who SP was.

If so, I think it's possible the person who released SP did do because her other captor had decided the only way out of their FUBAR was to kill SP, and SP's releasor either didn't want that to happen or was afraid at that point they were going to be caught.

Just speculation, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member