Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not taking the term "branded" that literal. I was thinking someone carved a message on her back with a knife. That could still be a brand, a tattoo could be a brand JMO.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

From everything I have read, the branding done by sex traffickers/pimps usually takes the form of tattooing. That's what I'm assuming SP had done to her - a tattoo. If it wasn't done well, or wasn't cared for, there could be scabbing such as described by KP when he said he could feel the raised edges with his fingers.

Might you even purposely leave hair tangled in your earbuds as a message to your husband?

Then what's the message? I wouldn't know what to make up a phone neatly placed on the ground with hair tangled in the earbuds.

What statistic are real in that article, and what is the source of the statistics?

It is taken from the Metro Police Department. Those are their statistics.

They did not say she went HOME after her release. They also did not say she didn't receive further treatment after her release. This is all just speculation. We don't know what kind of treatment she had or hasn't had after leaving the hospital. They aren't obligated to tell us.

True. They may have transferred her elsewhere for medical care to keep the media from hounding her.

Recreation for the show. They are not going to show the actual photos in an active investigation. That would only happen if they needed the publics help with identifying something/someone

Thanks Skibs, I was leaning toward re-creation but I didn't know for sure.

Well, he thought she had their 2 children with her, remember? He expected all of them to be home, then all of them to be together outside the house. They weren't, and no clues (kids' art projects out, note on the table, etc.) where they might have gone.

He drove her car, the one with the car seats, down to the mailbox (so, she couldn't have driven with them anywhere). No wife, no kids. THEN her phone on the ground.

My first response would have been sheer panic that something had happened to ALL of them. I think his immediate concern was perfectly understandable.
Has it been established that he called daycare after he found her phone?

"He pointed to the fact that web developers translated the SherriPapini.com website and the ransom letter into Spanish."

I did not know this. Why would they think they had to translate it into Spanish? Did they translate it into other languages such as Vietnamese or Ukrainian?

If that's true, it's interesting that he seemed to know something about the attackers nobody else yet knew.

Amazing.

If that's true, it's interesting that he seemed to know something about the attackers nobody else yet knew.

Amazing.

I am an aggressive CG skeptic, but I think Lake16 answered this one right: Lots of stuff in California gets translated into Spanish, for obvious reasons.

So, your dispute is with the hospital? Or what?

I don't have a dispute with anyone. I'm saying it's odd they didn't keep her for psychological counseling after this 22 day ordeal. I would suppose people who have been traumatized like this could easily jump out of a window if you're not careful, and hence you'd want to keep them under observation for at least a day or so, have them talk to experts, etc., etc.

True. They may have transferred her elsewhere for medical care to keep the media from hounding her.

Yes, and she could have also had in-home care wherever they ended up. I'm sure she just wanted to be with her family after such a terrible ordeal.

Might you even purposely leave hair tangled in your earbuds as a message to your husband?

I don't know if I would think of it in the moment, but I hope I would have the presence of mind to do that. It would be easy to do by grabbing a handful of hair and pulling it out when she set the phone down. I seem to recall that KP did make a comment about the amount of hair tangled in her ear buds was not normal. It could just be one more thing that set off alarm bells for him and he knew right away she would not leave her phone there like that. Thanks for the hint Lake16 ;)

Not sure if this has been brought up but the fact that SP was carrying an iPhone when she was taken will mean LE has access to loads of information about what transpired prior to SP being taken.

If you have an iPhone you can see this for yourself. Open the "Health" App (an Apple installed app that every iphone running a recent version of iOS has). In the Health app tap "Health Data", then tap the "Activity" logo with the bike on it. Scroll down to "Today" and tap either "Steps" or "Walking Distance". Next tap "Show All Data", then pick a date. The Health app will display a long list of motion events that occurred on that day. Each motion event has a start time and end time, accurate to the second. The iPhone software uses accelerometers in the phone to tell when you are moving and the software is able to distinguish between motion consistent with walking and running as opposed to bouncing around in the cup holder of your car.

What can all this motion data tell LE? Lots. For instance-

When did SP start her run?

How fast was she running, was it consistent to the pace she usually runs at?

Did she run fast at one time, perhaps to avoid being captured?

What time was the phone set down? Recording no motion is impossible to replicate while holding an iphone, the accelerometer is too sensitive.

What is the timeline for when Sherri stopped running and the phone was placed on the ground? Motion data could show either signs of a struggle or could indicate Sherri stopped running and spoke with the kidnappers before there was a struggle a possibility if she were being deceived by the kidnappers.

If the phone was still on when KP found it then him picking up the phone could very likely be logged as a motion event as well.

If Sherri were using a GPS run tracking app like "Map My Run" or "Strava" then the phone would also be logging GPS data. This would give very exact picture of how fast she was moving, where she was going and if she changed pace or stopped at anytime during the run.

Looking at the motion data combined with things like her call and text logs from that day should give LE a lot of clues as to what transpired the day Sherri was taken.

Has it been established that he called daycare after he found her phone?

Pretty sure the sequence of events was:

- coming home to empty house (though Sherri's car was still in driveway)
- searches the house and yard
- calls and texts Sherri's phone
- calls daycare and family members (not sure in which order)
- uses app to locate Sherri's phone
- calls 911

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I could be. ;)

Then what's the message? I wouldn't know what to make up a phone neatly placed on the ground with hair tangled in the earbuds.

The message I would get from it: "Hey Keith, here is my phone. I didn't just drop it, as you can see by the coiled earbuds placed neatly on top. Oh and here is some of my hair, just to let you know it was ME that left this here. I know you're smart enough to figure out from this that someone or something made me disappear, and I want you to find me."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing.

Well they did bring in the FBI and they also seemed to speculate something involving Mexico. Maybe this is part of the investigation that LE is keeping close to the vest.

None of us have any idea what kind of treatment she received and from whom, and imo, it's none of our business.

She couldn't have been kept in the hospital if she didn't want to stay, and perhaps what she wanted most was to be somewhere safe with only close family nearby. Sure am not going to second guess what choices she or family or medical personnel made that day.

We can hope that she is being helped by a CREDENTIALED Psychologist. JMO

Hi Lake16. Thank you again for answering our questions. Have you told Sherri that we are rooting for her and wish her only good things from now on?

From everything I have read, the branding done by sex traffickers/pimps usually takes the form of tattooing. That's what I'm assuming SP had done to her - a tattoo. If it wasn't done well, or wasn't cared for, there could be scabbing such as described by KP when he said he could feel the raised edges with his fingers.

If a pimp or organization brands a sex slave.

Then this means that LE should know which pimp or organization has done this. Jmo.

Because SP wouldn't be the only female with that brand. Jmo

So obviously; I doubt the branding was sex trafficking related; While not knowing which pimp or syndicate was involved. Jmo

So if this was truly a sex trafficking brand. Then hopefully LE would know more due to the same brands from other victims of the pimp or syndicate. Jmo

I'm amazed that this notion of sex trafficking where woman are kidnapped and forced into prostitution is so pervasive. This woman Susie says "in the industry". That's what people in LA say when they work in the entertainment business. She may have been pressured to work for an abusive pimp but she certainly wasn't chained to a radiator in a basement.

Can anyone on this board show me a case where a middle class thirty something mother with no close criminal ties, who wasn't a recent immigrant or wasn't a drug addict was forcibly kidnapped by sex traffickers and held captive for an extended period?

I have asked that question and the only thing I get is more of these generic reports that are rehashed over and over saying that anybody of any age can be a sex traffic victim and millions are, with no real statistics to back it up. When they do report on an actual victim, it is almost always a teenage runaway. One report posted here, that actually gave some statistics said that the majority of victims were between 18 and 24. If that is in fact true, I'm pretty sure most of the rest are below 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper