Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were staging someone like this, for personal fame or financial gain, I'd have a. sent a ransom note and/or b. made sure I'd have inserted my name into the case much earlier than Cameron Gamble. And I'd have also made sure my personal and business website were updated before staging something like this as well. Doing so in the middle of the investigation would be sloppy on many levels.

However, this comment from the Record Searchlight/Ventura County Star article offers a thought provoking theory:
In spite of what Mr. Gamble says, perhaps she is free because a ransom was paid. The donor did not want their name known. It's not a reach that they also didn't want the public to know that a ransom was paid. This would explain her release.​

He was very public about offering a ransom reward; getting a website going, having CG get on youtube and on the news about the fact that a ransom was being offered, etc., but then, suddenly he gets shy about it?

IMO it doesn't really make sense. And how would CG's "brilliant new plan that all of America should now adopt" work, if nobody knows a ransom was paid, and therefore, he couldn't prove 1) that one was and 2) that it was the reason SP was freed?

Although I have no direct knowledge on that, I believe she did. It makes no sense to me that she was abducted, her phone either left behind or taken with them, then the abductors returned to the mailbox area and sent that text (or had Sherri make it under force) and then planted the phone. Why would the abductors care if he was coming home for lunch. I've seen nothing from KP or LE to suggest the abductors ever entered her home.

I'm not sure if the timing works from when the text was sent, when she was abducted, lunchtime, etc, but what if the perps sent the text because IF he replied he was coming home for lunch, they could grab him too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The theory of a Charles Manson type psycho who recruits Hispanic women to snatch blonde Americans - only to later get cold feet and release his victim - is certainly possible, and would explain some peculiar things about this case. But is it likely? I think it's incredibly unlikely. But it's still possible, and I commend you for thinking "out of the box" to fit the known facts to the possibilities.

We have no information that anyone was involved in this apparent abduction outside of the two alleged Hispanic women. Nobody has gone on record or even off record to say anything else. At some point I think we really have to take what we know as fact: SP claims she was abducted by two Hispanic women, and nobody else was involved in her disappearance.

One of my theories was a gang initiation gone wrong. But that cannot be true if only two Hispanic women were involved in the crime. I suppose it's possible that SP knew of other attackers, but was scared into silence. In that case, I can't see the family going anywhere without police protection. I would much rather entrust my safety to the police than the good will of former abductors who threatened me. So I don't see this as likely.

While I think that an Hispanic Charlie Manson & troupe is highly unlikely, well probably not likely at all. Like you, I'm not really seeing the gang initiation either. Most gangs don't really have a problem w/killing people. However, there has to be a motivator for these two women to grab her at that mailbox. People don't just drive down the road and say, hey, there's a chic at her mailbox, let's capture her, treat her inhumanely for 22 days, and dump her in Yolo on Thanksgiving. We know that money wasn't the motivator.

Translation services like Google, will provide an OK translation but for the post part it's provides a literal translation. For content that the correct verbiage used is critical, a native speaker or one who is very proficient in the language should/would be used.

<modsnip> I was just watching a video and this girl acts like she's insane. Or maybe it's like Scientology?

Lake - how short is Sherri's hair? Also, how are the kids doing? Thanks

I keep seeing this suggestion that traffickers would not let her live, therefore it is not likely to be trafficking. I'm just curious, does anyone have any stats on how often traffickers kill their victims? I only recall reading news of big trafficking busts and rescues. I don't recall very often where a victim is found deceased and LE discloses it was traffickers who killed her but perhaps they don't disclose that very often out of respect for the family? Or perhaps I never noticed it is a big problem? Is there actually a big epidemic of trafficking victims being killed when they refuse to cooperate or try to escape? I know traffickers often use THREATS of death and actual violence to control their victims but do they actually kill as often as is being suggested? What percentage of trafficked women are found dead? Asking because I really have no idea..not trying to be smart. TIA to anyone who can bring awareness on this issue.

There is also the chance that these suspects may not be part of a "large sex trafficking ring." Maybe the suspects are new at this, and acted on their own- as Sherri has stated.

Maybe these suspects didn't know what they were doing, when they grabbed the wrong person, and soon realized they got in over their heads.

I find it interesting that when someone says this could be trafficking related, some immediately go to thinking a "large sex trafficking ring." There are so many different forms of sex trafficking. It only takes one abductor, and people willing to pay for sex.

I continue to believe that CG was simply trying to help gain SP's release (which in turn would also help his business). I also do not believe a ransom was paid. I continue to believe the extra news cycles his involvement brought assisted in keeping SP's face out there in public view which was beneficial.

<modsnip> I was just watching a video and this girl acts like she's insane. Or maybe it's like Scientology?

It is not Scientology I know that. It is a charismatic Christian church. IMO they get a little wild, but they are NOT a cult. I guess it just depends on who you ask though. I am familiar with the church, have no problem with them<modsnip>

But maybe they didn't let her go. It was one woman, apparently, that released her. A lot of women who were trafficked as teens, end up staying in the business as 'assistants' to their captors. I do think it is possible that one of the women felt sympathy for SP and her children.

If so, she is in a lot of trouble now, if she is even alive and well....

Yea, I believe one woman was driving, and the other, was in the backseat with SP. The woman in the backseat opened the door and cut SP loose, and pushed her out of the vehicle.

I'm not sure if the timing works from when the text was sent, when she was abducted, lunchtime, etc, but what if the perps sent the text because IF he replied he was coming home for lunch, they could grab him too?

It could also be because of the bad service in the area that the text was sent/received at the wrong time.

<modsnip>I was just watching a video and this girl acts like she's insane. Or maybe it's like Scientology?

<modsnip>

But to people who are Christians, we for the most part believe Bethel Church is "one of us". That doesn't mean we would necessarily agree on every point of theology with them. There are things I personally differ with them on, but I can listen to their worship music all day long.

The sympathetic one who shoved her out the car door? JMO

Shoving her out of the car door, alongside a road, was nicer than leaving her chained in a basement with a hood over her head and being beaten and branded.

This article confirms what was stated by a representative from Restoration Railroad on a previous video link. Human trafficking is a $32 billion dollar industry and is expected to exceed drug trafficking within the next 5 years. I don't know what it's going to take to get people to notice that this is a problem everywhere that can affect anyone. I still believe SP was specifically targeted, but ended up in the hands of traffickers whether their intent was to traffic her or release her with a message to someone else. The abuse she received is too consistent with traffickers to be ignored. The time it takes to get one addicted varies greatly, but this could be the reason they kept her 22 days and covered their faces prior to release. Maybe they wanted her to become an addict in addition to marring her beauty. All JMO. But sadly, it doesn't take much these days to provoke someone who is dealing in criminal activity. SP or KP could've made an innocent comment on a local crime page regarding the effects of AP109 and Prop57 and offended someone who sought them out. We all know how easy it is to find someone's address. Just being an active member of a neighborhood watch group could've triggered some kind of retaliation from a neighbor. MOO

I am still perplexed about taking a photo of the phone. I would have thought most people's first instinct would be to reach for it and pick up, rather than to photograph it.

.bbm
Maybe it was his too. We weren't there. We really know very little.

I know from all the reading I've done here and elsewhere, there are MANY that believe CG was actually behind this all along. I know how sensational that sounds and I also suspect that if there were any reason for LE to believe he was, he would have already been arrested. He's set up numerous web sites and SM pages for this venture or that, some free sites others registered domains. On many of these, the links no longer work and it looks as if he just abandoned them once he moved on to something else. In other words, he's left a pretty sloppy digital footprint. I do think he's full of baloney, but I don't think he's behind this.

I don't think he is behind this whatsoever. However, I do believe he's enjoying some of the publicity and fame he's getting for his involvement in bringing Sherri home. I think he should probably stay on the down low, so people stop assuming, he planned this to promote his business.

The sympathetic one who shoved her out the car door? JMO

How does one person driving a car push someone out?
You need someone to open the door .
Didn't they say she was pushed from a moving vehicle?

I'm getting very confused with all these bits of info we have

I agree with you. I don't understand it either. It's like some people are angry at Sherri or Keith. People that don't even know them. They're taking other cases that have ended up being a hoax, and putting it on them IMO. Maybe they're just mad that LE won't release more info. I get it. We want answers, but I don't understand this blame on the victims when LE clearly stated it is NOT a hoax. It's got to be so hard for them after all they've been through. Thank you for speaking for them.

I think a lot of it is an attempt to put them on defense in order to goad them into giving more info. Some probably just kids "mad" because in their dexworld, their need to know supersedes Justice.

There is also the chance that these suspects may not be part of a "large sex trafficking ring." Maybe the suspects are new at this, and acted on their own- as Sherri has stated.

Maybe these suspects didn't know what they were doing, when they grabbed the wrong person, and soon realized they got in over their heads.

I find it interesting that when someone says this could be trafficking related, some immediately go to thinking a "large sex trafficking ring." There are so many different forms of sex trafficking. It only takes one abductor, and people willing to pay for sex.

I agree there are many levels of trafficking from what little I have read. I'm no expert on the subject which is why I asked how often trafficker really kill their victims instead of threatening them and releasing them? It seems like a dead body would bring a lot of scrutiny on their operation and the if bodies piled up with similar brands and similar restraint injuries LE would be working overtime to find them. Charges for murder are more serious than being charged as a pimp. And many of the women/girls taken into trafficking may not be likely to report what happened to them our of fear and shame. Would a pimp really risk killing an uncooperative girl if they could not break her in a reasonable amount of time (like, say, 22 days)? Especially if the pimp was never seen and only his underlings who kept their faces mostly covered were seen by the victim? I'm not sure.

I think this helps clear up the confusion about the Department of Criminal Justice Services, which was cited by Heavy.com as not being a Federal Agency.

http://catalystatg.wix.com/catalyst-atg#!testimonials

Catalyst Advanced Training Group offered a course called Criminal Intelligence Collection which was apparently certified by the Department of Criminal Justice Services in &#8203;Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper