Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Keith's words implies physical struggle, not a mention of a weapon on Sherri's hand. Anyway, if that was the scenario, another oddity for this case; three armed women, a struggle, and no one was shot. smh

What I meant is, she may have fought back if they didn't have a gun, but they did, and she didn't. It's one thing to fight someone who isn't holding a gun, but if someone is it's a different scenario. Especially if a gun is pressed against your head.

That was reported by the National Enquirer in 1903, and everyone who read it thought is was fake. Don't underestimate these guys.

I doubt that. This article talks about the media sources that reported or were asked to report on the first flight:

https://www.stevebuttry.wordpress.c...rs-what-historic-stories-are-we-missing-today

Nary a mention of the National Enquirer. Probably because it wasn't even founded until 1926:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Enquirer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that this happened as far as I know, but sexual assault does not require a male.

I've been thinking about this and I know it's never easy to put ourselves in someone's situation, but when I am stressed or anxious I have a lot trouble eating. It might have been a combination of them underfeeding her and her being unable to eat enough to keep from losing so much weight.

She might also have gotten sick from whatever they did give her - vomiting and diarrhea can contribute to weight loss. And of course either of those could have been symptoms of the stress she was under.

Dehydration might have contributed to her weight loss too.

Very true. Infrequent feeding. Poor quality food. Stress. Dehydration. Illness. All likely contributors.

Agree to disagree. At least as far as rape goes. There's no reason to lead the public to believe she may have been raped, if she wasn't. IMO

Certainly. But on the other hand, she's stated that her abductors were two women. Very doubtful she'd be raped by two women. Could happen, but very unlikely, IMO. So they really wouldn't be leading anyone to think that if people are willing to believe what the victim is saying.

Maybe the mysterious donor is someone who is connected to the Papini family? Maybe that money is now going towards SP's care, a new home, security, etc.

Not likely, IMO, since the donor contacted others to try to get in contact with the Papinis. A friend or family member would just give them the money and have the reward coming straight from the family, IMO.

Of all the odds thing in this case, the release of her kids children, names and age is the one thing I can't deal with. They wouldn't divulge who dropped them at the daycare, but the pictures and vitals info were game. arghhh...

I know some people said is because they want to appeal to the soft side of the captors, but still....

IIRC there have been cases where a victim's family is encouraged to go on local TV to implore the kidnapper to release their spouse, mother, child.
Since one of the women released her it could be a possibility they saw pics of her husband, the kids, her sister or parents and felt a bit of sympathy...

The question of the day seems to be:
WAS it ST? Let's take a poll, I say NO

Although many hurtful things apparently happened to SP while she was Taken that align with a ST event, such as beatings, being chained, and marked with a brand, until learning of a sexual assault, my response is no.

Very true. Infrequent feeding. Poor quality food. Stress. Dehydration. Illness. All likely contributors.

I suppose one good thing we can hope for, if it can be said, is she will likely gain back everything she lost. Healthy food, hydration, sleep, and a more stable situation will probably make a huge difference.

Not to minimize being emaciated, only saying it's one damage that shouldn't be hard to undo. Unlike the branding, broken bones, and mental/emotional torture. :(

You guys keep arguing the wording and nuances of media articles, and it's notoriously common that articles are not exactly accurate. Yet the arguing continues. I don't understand why the arguments when it's been said and proven over many cases that reporters and writers can get details wrong, including this case.

In fact, our own verified insider has clarified a few things already...things that the media got wrong.

It's like watching a game of 'telephone' being played with the first person being given a sentence to say, they whisper it to the next person and so on and so forth until the person at the end says what they heard. It's always different than what the first person was told.

If SP is home bound, which she very well may be, wouldn't insurance cover her care at home?

I doubt that. In many cases, they don't even pay for terminal cancer patients' in-home palliative care. The insurance company would figure if she was released by the hospital b/c her injuries were not that severe, that she doesn't merit in-home care.

But they just received a large amount of money, and considering the circumstances, I'd bet they'd be willing to pay for that kind of care. IMO

You mean the money? That was earmarked, from what I've read, for the efforts to find Sherri, and now that she's back, to finding her abductors.

This is my theory (so far) ...

There were ST recruiters in the area. Someone took note that SP jogs and by herself. They were out that morning, and saw her again. They decided this was the right time to stop. They asked her for directions (being 2 females); SP assisted them. Then a weapon was pulled which then they demanded her to put the phone down and get in the vehicle. The reason her hair was caught in it is because she took it off quickly. I have fine, blonde hair and it tends to get caught into everything.
She put in down slowly; hence the earbuds neatly in a bundle, trying to buy time in case someone else came by while this was all taking place.
They abducted her, kept her, tortured her, just to realize this was mistake due to publicity, so they decided to release her.

we talked about dehydration last thread too and a RN pointed out that actual dehydration would have resulted in an overnight stay, most likely. so 4 of 5 probably but not dehydration. The reason I think that is important is because it paints a picture of her captivity at least for me.

You guys keep arguing the wording and nuances of media articles, and it's notoriously common that articles are not exactly accurate. Yet the arguing continues. I don't understand why the arguments when it's been said and proven over many cases that reporters and writers can get details wrong, including this case.

In fact, our own verified insider has clarified a few things already...things that the media got wrong.

It's like watching a game of 'telephone' being played with the first person being given a sentence to say, they whisper it to the next person and so on and so forth until the person at the end says what they heard. It's always different than what the first person was told.
-------------------
part of the rules here is that it has to be MSM, it is up to the individual to accept or deny what MSM presents us. Without a baseline (MSM) we are left with complete conjecture.

PTSD or some other psychological issue due to the horrible trauma she endured.

Which may be covered under insurance for a veteran, but hard to say under a regular commercial plan. When we write these policies we don't think "what about the suburban mom abducted while jogging". They tend to be based on the medical treatment needed to deal with injuries incurred, or identified diagnoses. Which Sherri could totally have. It just depends on the specific situation and the policy in question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member