Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a source for KP's background in criminal justice? Ty

Apparently His associates degree is in administration of justice - not sure how that differs from criminal justice.

But he has worked at Best Buy for over 10 years, so to me that isn't really a background. He may have never worked in his field of study at all. So pretty shaky if anyone were to try to draw any inferences about him and CG, or the interest in guns, just because of his Major a long time ago.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/keith-papini-73951292

after reading peoples replies and thinking about it i still think they are odd choices but maybe not as much as i did before.

i suppose if you put them on her right away and only once then whatever time it takes is not a big issue, clamps on wrists, chain around waist, padlocks through the clamps and links of chain.

that works and isnt too clumsy, if you want to allow her use of her hands for a time you just remove the padlocks, i had not considered that and had focused on the idea that they would be putting the hose clamps on and off.

It just sounds like that is what they had, and maybe wherever they took her, there was not much else. And maybe it was part of some weird fantasy on their part...?

Don't really follow your logic. Why is one more risky than the other. It's not like they would just circle the same block thousands of times. Being on the road with a hostage for 2.5 hours is just as risky whether you're going in a straight line or in an arc. No one knew she was missing yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think its the same risk. Jmo.

I'm sorry if there are posts on this thread that have offended you. I want you to understand that there are people here that do believe Sherri and KP. She is not responsible for catching these criminals. This is what LE gets paid for. I also think with time more details may come to her that will help with the investigation. Nobody knows the amount of trauma she has faced. Small details will most likely come to her each day. I don't blame her whatsoever. She is a victim, and shouldn't be re victimized by people pointing the finger.

BBM

I agree SP is a victim. I have posted that many times, including my first post today. But I do think she is the key to unlocking and solving this crime. I remember the Sheriff saying the details she gave were limited, and he reminded us that she had suffered for three weeks. My question was: what will her next move be? Will she go back and talk to LE further as she recuperates? We have no idea. The last we have heard is that they may never come back home.

A lot of the older farm houses in the area have basements too.

That makes sense. There's a lot of farmland between Redding and Sacramento. Actually, that's pretty much all there is.

BBM

I agree SP is a victim. I have posted that many times, including my first post today. But I do think she is the key to unlocking and solving this crime. I remember the Sheriff saying the details she gave were limited, and he reminded us that she had suffered for three weeks. My question was: what will her next move be? Will she go back and talk to LE further as she recuperates? We have no idea. The last we have heard is that they may never come back home.

Isn't that immaterial? LE will go to where SHE is, as often as is necessary. They have a serious crime to solve and she is a big part of solving it.

Just throwing this out there... so far, it seems there have only been two angles to her abduction that have been discussed: that the kidnapping was pre-meditated and SP was targeted, or that these were kidnappers who happened to see SP and decided she'd make a good kidnapping victim.

But here's a third: while jogging, SP was accidentally hit by a vehicle. The drivers were too afraid to report this or bring SP to a hospital, but picked her up (disoriented or unconscious) and decided to treat her themselves. They always planned to release her, so kept their faces covered up.

This is pretty far fetched, but you never know what theories will come out of thinking outside the box...

True, it is possible. But SP would have known what happened and reported it to LE.

Right but Dex mentioned the 2.5 hrs and you responded, and I was kind of responding to you both.

150 miles and 2.5 hrs do roughly coincide. But I'm thinking that the perps would have just as easily drove in circles and then held her in the Redding area, then drove her the 150 miles to release her and throw LE off. Like you said, they drove a distance either way, but we don't know at which point.

Well if driving in circles was true then Sherri would surely have noticed regular slow downs/stops/turns? Where as if all Freeway then it would be none stop at higher speed?

If she remembered how long that day 1 trip was either from the radio or a good sense of time she should also have a good idea of the above.

Exactly what I've been saying.

If you ignore the fact that she wasn't killed and there is absolutely no evidence she was raped. Also, the Sheriff called her abduction an "isolated" incident.

Right but Dex mentioned the 2.5 hrs and you responded, and I was kind of responding to you both.

150 miles and 2.5 hrs do roughly coincide. But I'm thinking that the perps would have just as easily drove in circles and then held her in the Redding area, then drove her the 150 miles to release her and throw LE off. Like you said, they drove a distance either way, but we don't know at which point.

Very good theory. The perp(s) may have wanted police to think she was being held out of town, so they'd assume that the perp(s) were from far away, too.

Well if driving in circles was true then Sherri would surely have noticed regular slow downs/stops/turns? Where as if all Freeway then it would be none stop at higher speed?

If she remembered how long that day 1 trip was either from the radio or a good sense of time she should also have a good idea of the above.

Right. I don't think we've been told what she said to LE about turns and such. Only the 2.5 hrs. Unless she was unconscious, she should know whether she was transported a long straight-line distance that first day.

I dont think its the same risk. Jmo.

I agree. If their destination is located 2.5 hours away, they're forced to drive that distance. If they drive in circles for 2.5 hours to trick her then they are making a choice to keep her in the vehicle longer than they need to.

Better to get the victim to the second location asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257