Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 98% of human trafficking offenses in the United States involves the use/abuse of smack. SP was released the same day she was admitted. Any addiction would have required an overnight stay at the hospital.

It's been stated that zip ties may have been a better option. But if indeed SP was targeted by someone she knew (and they were aware of her ability to defend herself), they may have opted for the clamps over zip ties as they may be more secure. I recently saw a video of how to teach your children to use their shoelaces to escape being bound with zip ties (using friction). JMO

it has probably already been discussed (what hasnt at this point?) but hose clamps are a very odd, and poor, choice for a wrist restraint.

the chain around the waist is odd too imo.

it could be an indication of poor planning, or even no planning. or that the person who chose the restraint did so for the appearance rather than the practicality.

one scenario would lead you to think those items were used because there were on hand, another could mean they were recently purchased.

think the police have searched hardware/home depot store records for purchases made that included those two items?

it has probably already been discussed (what hasnt at this point?) but hose clamps are a very odd, and poor, choice for a wrist restraint.

the chain around the waist is odd too imo.

it could be an indication of poor planning, or even no planning. or that the person who chose the restraint did so for the appearance rather than the practicality.

one scenario would lead you to think those items were used because there were on hand, another could mean they were recently purchased.(snipped)

By the time they released her they'd had ample time to modify the clamps. Of course there are different styles and sizes, but all would be awkward attached to any part of the car.

Hi all. I haven't read all the threads, unfortunately time does not permit me to do so, so I apologise if this has already been discussed and I've missed the discussion. The fact that SP was released on Thanksgiving Day is something I can't seem to ignore and believe there is some significance to it. I'm wondering, does anyone know anything about the "Thanksgiving Day Race" that SP was preparing for? How big is this particular event? Is it HUGE and could be considered extremely important to those who compete in it? Did someone, another competitor or someone involved in the race want SP out? Was she kidnapped and told to pull out of the race, and she refused and so they held her captive for 3 weeks, beating her, starving her and branded her to ensure she would NOT be competing in the race at all. SP was released by one person/woman (?). She was abducted by two. Was the other woman at home sleeping--big day ahead (?).. So many questions, I guess I need to know more about the actual race SP was preparing for, so if anyone can shed light on it, that would be great. Thanks all.

My post doesn't mention time, only the known distance between were Sherri was taken and were she was found.

Right but Dex mentioned the 2.5 hrs and you responded, and I was kind of responding to you both.

150 miles and 2.5 hrs do roughly coincide. But I'm thinking that the perps would have just as easily drove in circles and then held her in the Redding area, then drove her the 150 miles to release her and throw LE off. Like you said, they drove a distance either way, but we don't know at which point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We know that the kidnappers did drive a long distance, even if it was risky, because Sherri was found 150 miles from were she was abducted.

I meant driving in circles for the 2.5 hours would be too risky. So they probably drove her straight to the location that was 2.5 hours away.

No, I do not know the answer to that question.

No not to my knowledge.

So basically you feel SP is withholding information? I've spoken to her and KP and I don't feel that way at all. I'm sorry if you and others feel that way; obviously I have not done a good job of projecting the honesty and sincerity of KP and SP.

They are good people, the kind you would love to have for a neighbor or friend in my humble opinion. That is why you saw such a massive level of community support for a town the size of Redding. While obviously not everyone that supported them knew the P's, many had friends that did whose opinions they respected.

BBM

Hello Lake... that isn't what I said. Glad you're here.

I meant driving in circles for the 2.5 hours would be too risky. So they probably drove her straight to the location that was 2.5 hours away.

Don't really follow your logic. Why is one more risky than the other. It's not like they would just circle the same block thousands of times. Being on the road with a hostage for 2.5 hours is just as risky whether you're going in a straight line or in an arc. No one knew she was missing yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep.

Why is it less credible that he would do that than any other criminal? SOMEONE took her, right? We know that she did not wander off and imagine this? Of course not. So why is it more credible that someone else risked everything but not him?
Of course not.

I'm convinced that most everything that you speculate about CG may be true. What bugs me is that he is the obvious scapegoat.

The earlier conversation about Thanksgiving, your Argentine relatives and from Spain, too, made me flip my UnSubs. For some reason, perhaps due to the ransom offer, I assumed the perps to be poor individuals. What if they own a Vineyard or another plantation and kept SP secreted there? Maybe the Unsubs are really rich since they didn't reach out for the reward. I don't have to assume that SP was chained in a haunted dungeon but maybe it was more of a castle or palatial Victorian home.

Over 98% of human trafficking offenses in the United States involves the use/abuse of smack. SP was released the same day she was admitted. Any addiction would have required an overnight stay at the hospital.

22 days on drugs may not induce an addiction that would require overnight stay at a hospital.

It's been stated that zip ties may have been a better option. But if indeed SP was targeted by someone she knew (and they were aware of her ability to defend herself), they may have opted for the clamps over zip ties as they may be more secure. I recently saw a video of how to teach your children to use their shoelaces to escape being bound with zip ties (using friction). JMO

It makes sense to me that it would be easier to break a plastic ziptie compared to a metal hose clamp. JMO.

What makes the hose clamps a poor restraint?

I never thought about them being used in this way until this case. After giving it some thought and having used hose clamps to do more than connecting hoses to something I can see that they would be a suitable restraint device. JMO

it seems to me that to open them up enough to get a hand through it would then take quite a bit of turning to get them tight again around the wrist, typically you have to use a screwdriver to do this and it is awkward even in the best circumstances. and to secure the chain to them is certainly possible but again it just seems clumsy to me..

which makes me think they were either just what was available, or they werent chosen for their suitability for the task.

edit - check my next reply, maybe its not as big of a deal as i had been thinking

Hi all. I haven't read all the threads, unfortunately time does not permit me to do so, so I apologise if this has already been discussed and I've missed the discussion. The fact that SP was released on Thanksgiving Day is something I can't seem to ignore and believe there is some significance to it. I'm wondering, does anyone know anything about the "Thanksgiving Day Race" that SP was preparing for? How big is this particular event? Is it HUGE and could be considered extremely important to those who compete in it? Did someone, another competitor or someone involved in the race want SP out? Was she kidnapped and told to pull out of the race, and she refused and so they held her captive for 3 weeks, beating her, starving her and branded her to ensure she would NOT be competing in the race at all. SP was released by one person/woman (?). She was abducted by two. Was the other woman at home sleeping--big day ahead (?).. So many questions, I guess I need to know more about the actual race SP was preparing for, so if anyone can shed light on it, that would be great. Thanks all.

I think the ransom deadline ended 4.5 hours before she was released.

So either it was paid.

Or that was good prediction timing on CG part or something.

Idk

KP has a background in criminal justice. CG has led seminars in Redding. Perhaps KP attended one and became familiar with the lingo. The Papinis seemed interested in self-defense and survivalist stuff. This all could have affected KP's point of view when SP was abducted. And really, what choice did he have? If it were me, I don't think I'd allow myself to believe my wife had been murdered. I would focus on her being held captive somewhere until proven otherwise.

(none of these musings are meant to imply that CG and KP were in cahoots.)

Do you have a source for KP's background in criminal justice? Ty

I realize that, but I think the type of person you're talking about isn't the type of person who would have ever let her go and would have made sure no one else did, either. JMHO

Well yeah, a serial killer would not have let her go, because murder is their goal. But rapists and other criminals generally do let their victims go.

Anyway my point was, that even violent criminals can carry on a normal social life between crimes.

So your point that these women, could not possibly be the kind of people, who have guests over for Thanksgiving, is just not logical.

By the time they released her they'd had ample time to modify the clamps. Of course there are different styles and sizes, but all would be awkward attached to any part of the car.

after reading peoples replies and thinking about it i still think they are odd choices but maybe not as much as i did before.

i suppose if you put them on her right away and only once then whatever time it takes is not a big issue, clamps on wrists, chain around waist, padlocks through the clamps and links of chain.

that works and isnt too clumsy, if you want to allow her use of her hands for a time you just remove the padlocks, i had not considered that and had focused on the idea that they would be putting the hose clamps on and off.

IIRC, it may have been mentioned that the food may have been drugged. I don't know of eating smack, but maybe it's possible??? I also think if they had decided that she wasn't marketable, she wouldn't have warranted the several hundreds of dollars to keep her on heroin, meth, etc.. But I can see keeping her doped up on lesser expensive drugs to make her more submissive and/or lethargic.

22 days on drugs may not induce an addiction that would require overnight stay at a hospital.

it seems to me that to open them up enough to get a hand through it would then take quite a bit of turning to get them tight again around the wrist, typically you have to use a screwdriver to do this and it is awkward even in the best circumstances. and to secure the chain to them is certainly possible but again it just seems clumsy to me..

which make me think they were either just what was available, or they werent chosen for their suitability for the task.

If you use a nut driver instead of a screwdriver it's not awkward to loosen or tighten a worm drive hose clamp. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member