Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The house sure looks like the type of house we would expect. Kinda creepy looking.

Some of the fencing looks newer and I found it interesting that when you zoom in near the front gate there are what looks like clamps holding the fencing to the posts.

The whole clamp thing is interesting as they can probably be found in lots of places like the fence holder clamps.

Possibly you said this, so my apologies. It's typical to see run down homes on acreage used for agricultural purposes. Probably used to be the "family home." Too expensive to keep it up so it turns into a glorified storage unit.
Very rarley do the homes in Northern Cal have basements. However, based on the architecture...this home could be 100+ years old. So, possibly it does have a basement.

Curious, are you aware of such reviews? Yes, I could see this happening. I've stated previously that it could've been as simply as posting on a local crime FB page and someone reading it and targeting her or KP. They live in a high crime area and I personally would likely be outspoken publicly against perps and the crimes they commit. I've seen many people do such on the Redding Crime 2.0 page. It would be horrible to think that something like that or a review could make you a target to such a horrendous crime. JMO

So the message brand could be "Yelp"

My son in law used zip ties to secure the Christmas lights on the roof and just a few days I ago I noticed two of them laying on the ground. My first thought was "oh goodness, the zip tie conversation". I'm also 100% certain I will never again be able to look at a hose clamp again (I have several in the garage) without thinking the same thing.

Not at all to make light of what happened to SP, but sometimes the conversations here make you want to get another glass of wine. In another country. Without internet.

What are people thinking - was she held closer to her home in Redding or closer to the drop-off location?

Yes, this is speculation as we have so few clues. I'm just curious what people are thinking.

jmo

So the message brand could be "Yelp"

I think I missed something (I have, admittedly, skipped pages). Did SP or KP leave a negative review for a local business? Or is this a guess?

Just want to catch up!

jmo

So was it initially made public? If not, why not? Many of the subsequent follow-up reports are still on the logs.

I read, but can't source at the moment, they "wrote" down the info ... so if anyone remembers reading the same, Holla

Ty for report #

What are people thinking - was she held closer to her home in Redding or closer to the drop-off location?

Yes, this is speculation as we have so few clues. I'm just curious what people are thinking.

jmo

I can't make up my mind on that. The 2.5 hour drive after the abduction makes me feel like Sherri was taken to Sacramento. Then members pointed out that the 2.5 hour drive could have been in circles to confuse her.

Looks like I'm confused on what to think.

I can't make up my mind on that. The 2.5 hour drive after the abduction makes me feel like Sherri was taken to Sacramento. Then members pointed out that the 2.5 hour drive could have been in circles to confuse her.

Looks like I'm confused on what to think.

How would she know it's been 2.5 hours? I wouldn't know the length of time if I were in that situation.

As far as solving this case, I keep referring to Missy Bevers in my mind. Her murderer is on surveillance tape, yet no arrest or publicly-announced break in the case over six months later. We have much less to go on here.

I think both cases are random crimes, so they will be difficult to solve. The only way they will probably ever be solved, is if they find the suspects, and then link them to the crimes.

Unfortunately, I think the investigators in the Missy Bevers murder, bungled that case badly, by investigating it as a targeted killing, when it seems to me, to be a pretty straight forward burglary gone wrong. But what do I know? When I see a burglary in progress, and a woman walks in on it, and gets killed, I think it was a burglary gone wrong. I guess I'm the only one though. Everybody else seems to see it differently.

I think the Sheriff in this case seems to be keeping a more open mind, and not jumping to conclusions. He seems to be more focused on just investigating the case, and seeing where it goes. Maybe they will find some evidence to link the kidnappers. It's still going to be a hard case to solve, based on the info we have. If it goes on for eight months like the Missy Bevers case, forget it. It won't be solved anytime soon.

I think she was driven directly to a location 2 1/2 hours from home following the abduction and stayed there the duration of her captivity. It could be that she overheard the time on a radio inside the vehicle. But IMO, the lone abductor only drove her a very short distance Thanksgiving morning, thereby confirming just how far she had been driven on the first day. If she had been blindfolded, she may have had a heightened sense of turning within the vehicle and none once she was on an interstate. All speculation and dependent on how coherent she was following the abduction.

jmo

How would she know it's been 2.5 hours? I wouldn't know the length of time if I were in that situation.

One explanation that another WS member brought up is simple and very possible, The radio was on and Sherri heard the time from that.

jmo

Well its kind of ballsy to drive in circles for 2.5 hours with a tied up woman right there in view of a cop (if ever pulled over).

So I think she was held closer to where she was found.

But we don't know how long they drove before letting her out.

Plus we don't know if they drove the back roads or highway before dropping her off either.

jmo

I think they took her, and knew that they needed to get out of the area. SP stands out. Not sure if they even had a drop-off location determined. But, I don't think she was kept close to home.

Agree, noted it just about your comment. But it was another WS member that mentioned it, not me. I'm still a newbie.

One explanation that another WS member brought up is simple and very possible, The radio was on and Sherri heard the time from that.

I think I missed something (I have, admittedly, skipped pages). Did SP or KP leave a negative review for a local business? Or is this a guess?

Just want to catch up!

jmo

Lol.

I will no longer post negative reviews about the cold french fries from my favorite burger spot on yelp again. Lol

Just want to catch up!

jmo

I've seen it stated here that there were negative reviews about her wedding vendors, but I haven't seen those reviews, sorry.

What
if she were being held in a tornado shelter or a bomb shelter; or even a survival bunker?

No tornado shelters here (we get an occasional funnel cloud) but you may be onto something with the survival bunker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678