Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long version? Wondering what type of hose clamp you cut...I'm not handy and only know of the small hose clamps, so...

You can use bull nose cutters or side cutters.

I realize that, but I think the type of person you're talking about isn't the type of person who would have ever let her go and would have made sure no one else did, either. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are plenty - Bundy and Bernardo come to mind. There are others. We need Rayemonde for a more detailed list. I'm always amazed.

Edit: replied to wrong thing

"She was bound. She had a chain around her waist. She has a bag over her head.I can't remember if it's her right or her left arm, was chained to the chain and her left hand was in the vehicle chained to something."

That is what I keyed on.

Right but it seems as if he is mis-speaking. If he doesn't know which arm is chained to the waist chain, then he doesn't know which hand is the other hand that is chained to something else.

Plus, in the GMA interview (not 20/20), he states that "she was thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist, attached to her wrists and a bag over her head."

I think he's speaking off the cuff (well, not the GMA piece because that was a prepared statement) and is either getting some of the specifics confused or is just mis-speaking. Because the different things don't jive with each other.

I realize that, but I think the type of person you're talking about isn't the type of person who would have ever let her go and would have made sure no one else did, either. JMHO

I think the fact that they let her go speaks of inexperience. These abductors were newbies. They know how these things work becuase they've always been the underling. They're out driving around, drinking...complaining about working for "the man." They see Sherri and an impulsive decision was made to go rogue. But they had no idea what exactly they were getting in to. How's that for some fiction:))

It makes sense to me. The one person in the car was driving. They didn't want SP to jump out until they were ready for her to do it. They also didn't want to have to get out of the vehicle and come around to let her out because that could have exposed them to passing motorists.

So let's envision SP being in the right rear. She has one arm/hand tied to the waist chain. Let's say it's the left. The other limb, the right one, is chained to something heavy/stationary inside the vehicle - like underneath a seat.

When the perp is at the drop-off point, they possibly point a gun at SP and tell her to put her right hand on the door handle and keep it there. They then cut the chain from the seat with a bolt cutter and order her out.

At that point she is of no risk to the perp's personal safety. Her left arm is secured to the waist chain, so she can't lunge forward to the front to try to grab hair or rake nails across skin to get DNA. Keep in mind she also still has the bag over her head.

Her only move is to open the right rear door with her right hand and jump out. As soon as her feet hit the ground, the perp hits the gas hard and the movement forward causes the door to shut.

That is pretty much how I would do it if I were solely in charge of letting her go but wanted to protect myself in the process.

I think the gun and child locks would work...or just the gun. People are carjacking every day, not to mention the number of females that perps manage to keep in a car with a gag (which was not mentioned in this case) and a knife or gun. According to KP or LE, I forget which, she was chained and hooded anytime she was in the car.

If they were worried about someone seeing them and so they did what they could to not be noticed..the hood and chains make no sense. IMO

There are plenty - Bundy and Bernardo come to mind. There are others. We need Rayemonde for a more detailed list. I'm always amazed.

Edit: replied to wrong thing

It sure looks like you replied to the right post. Lol

I think the gun and child locks would work...or just the gun. People are carjacking every day, not to mention the number of females that perps manage to keep in a car with a gag (which was not mentioned in this case) and a knife or gun. According to KP or LE, I forget which, she was chained and hooded anytime she was in the car.

If they were worried about someone seeing them and so they did what they could to not be noticed..the hood and chains make no sense. IMO

Unless these people don't have children and don't know how to work the child locks.

That is a good thought. You don't find Tornado shelters in Northern Cal..I lived there for several years. However, in the Redding area there used to be a lot of preppers. So the survival bunker is a possibility.

Hmm... I agree, that is a possibility. A bunker might be supplied with enough food for three weeks, too.

jmopinion

Right but it seems as if he is mis-speaking. If he doesn't know which arm is chained to the waist chain, then he doesn't know which hand is the other hand that is chained to something else.

Plus, in the GMA interview (not 20/20), he states that "she was thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist, attached to her wrists and a bag over her head."

I think he's speaking off the cuff and is either getting some of the specifics confused or is just mis-speaking. Because the different things don't jive with each other.

Oh, I understand. I was just pointing out what I keyed in on. Like I said it may mean nothing.

Not sure you understood. I was saying the driver didn't want to have to get out and walk around to let SP out. That's where the "not wanting to be noticed" comes in.

SP is in the rear at 4 am. If the SUV is like mine, the rear windows are tinted darker than the ones up front. So no one is going to see her until she is out of the vehicle and the perp has left the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member