Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Both of the subjects spoke in Spanish the majority of the time of her captivity," said Sheriff Bosenko.

https://www.google.com/amp/fox40.co...d-kidnappers-spoke-spanish/amp/?client=safari

but 'majority' of the time indicates that they knew English somewhat. So they may have listened to stations which said the time in English.

However, SP grew up in California. So I a certain she understood a little Spanish. They teach all students to count in Spanish and some basic words, in our local schools.

Unless someone has been taught specifically how to tell time in Spanish, however, they may not recognize what they hear as time-telling. She may know "uno, dos, tres, cuatro", etc., but would she recognize "son las once y media de la tarde" (it's 1:30 in the afternoon) or "son las tres menos quarto" "it's 3:45", etc.?

I thought KP referred to SP as having been TAKEN. He stated this on 20/20. He said "I knew she was taken." Not kidnapped or abducted.
What do you mean by your comment? I'm not understanding your intent.

IMO, if KP had used the term 'kidnapped' or 'abducted' he still would have been criticized by the same people who criticize his use of 'taken' or 'someone took her'. They mean the same thing. Why is he being sleuthed?

I've posted several times about this. He is NOT being SLEUTHED. This is what he stated on television. It is an MSM quote. A poster had asked the question about the terms that were used in this case. I responded.

My question was genuine, I'm sorry you were offended. I had already read earlier today your opinion of the word 'taken': "Taken=someone took an object, not a person, but that's JMOO", thus my question when you posted a second time about the word "TAKEN".

Here is the conversation I'm speaking of, BBM:

For those who are discussing KP's use of words like taken, snatched,abducted, kidnapped, etc - what significance, if any, are you giving to the word choice?

To me, they are interchangeable. I know some state statutes might get specific with regard to kidnapping or other words. But for the lay person, I don't really see a distinction.

Taken matches the wording of Project Taken. Not a word I would think of using in this context. Taken=someone took an object, not a person, but that's JMOO.

Maybe so. But I live in the South and despite my insatiable love for burritos and margaritas, I've been known to frequent our local Mexican restaurante just to brush up on my high school Spanish. It's been 20+ years, but I can still count to 100 and remember all the words our Spanish teacher didn't allow. When my daughter was in a church run PreK in Georgia many years ago, she learned to count to 10 en Espanol. Just don't find it that odd that SP would've had a basic knowledge. JMO

This is Northern California we're talking about. It's probably 10 hours or more from the Mexico border. The demographics in Redding are 86% white and 8% Hispanic. There is no compelling reason for the average Resident of that area to know a lick of Spanish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to be clear, there are different types of hose clamps. A band clamp is a hose clamp just like a worm gear screw-type clamp is also a hose clamp.

I used to sell clamps and build hoses, so I know a little something about this.

Right. I was using the terminology you introduced back on page 8.

But to clarify, it's the common, worm gear hose clamps that would be comical to use as a restraint (unless you immobilized the hands, of course).
I could remove one in seconds. Many other types would be unsuitable as well.

I bet I could snap off a band clamp, too, by fatiguing it. The metal is so thin.

I don't recall hearing about a Thanksgiving race she was training for. Most local races in my state do not offer large amounts of money for the winners. Perhaps notoriety in the local paper. Larger races with contributors/sponsors may have larger cash awards for winners. I'm interested in hearing which race she had planned for?

Thanks for responding, truthseeker. KP mentioned SP was out jogging preparing for a Thanksgiving Day Race on the morning she went missing in the following article..

https://m.wbnews.info/2016/12/tearf...hile-being-shackled-in-captivity-for-22-days/

Not really the kind of event I was thinking of. :facepalm:

It's a Charismatic/Signs and Wonders thing, IMO. I really haven't looked too close at Bethel but from what I've seen, (magically appearing feathers, gold dust, etc.) it sounds loosely affiliated with that whole Toronto Blessing and the Brownsville revival action from about 20-ish years ago.

Agree that Bethel is a Charismatic church. We have to tread carefully here so as not to offend. Many of our American mega-churches are either Charismatic or they at least believe that the spiritual gifts of the New Testament did not cease (although they might not put as much emphasis on the practice as openly Charismatic churches like Bethel).

I have navigated this landscape for a long, long time. There are many good, solid people who consider themselves Charismatic or Pentecostal. Believing in or exercising the gifts doesn't make you mentally ill any more than being a Methodist makes you sane, necessarily.

I do look with suspicion upon CG himself because of things he has said that don't square up. But that has nothing to do with being a member of Bethel. If you're going to be shady, you can do that anywhere.

Unless someone has been taught specifically how to tell time in Spanish, however, they may not recognize what they hear as time-telling. She may know "uno, dos, tres, cuatro", etc., but would she recognize "son las once y media de la tarde" (it's 1:30 in the afternoon) or "son las tres menos quarto" "it's 3:45", etc.?

Every country is pretty good at English. But us Americans don't take learning other languages seriously unless whatever.

So the woman may usually speak and like American songs on the radio.

But they could have used their latino language to communicate upon themselves. Idk

:rolleyes: I think some of the news outlets are getting restless with the lack of information coming out to advance the investigation, and these types of headlines are the result. I think we will see more and more of them because the reporters have nothing else to latch onto!

I recall some of the headlines that were flying around when little Elizabeth Smart was located. They were a thousand times worse than what we're seeing here. Sadly, some arms of the MSM do this.

<snip> The fact that SP was released on Thanksgiving Day is something I can't seem to ignore and believe there is some significance to it. I'm wondering, does anyone know anything about the "Thanksgiving Day Race" that SP was preparing for? <snip>

I think the race was to occur the following weekend...not positive

"At the time of her disappearance, Sherri was training for the Casa Superhero Run in Redding, a 5-kilometer race to benefit abused and neglected children, with participants dressing up in superhero costumes. “Our whole family was going to dress up and run in it,” Keith told PEOPLE."
https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...-and-her-family/amp/?client=ms-android-att-us

Thanks for responding, truthseeker. KP mentioned SP was out jogging preparing for a Thanksgiving Day Race on the morning she went missing in the following article..

https://m.wbnews.info/2016/12/tearf...hile-being-shackled-in-captivity-for-22-days/

Not really the kind of event I was thinking of. :facepalm:

The race was for that upcoming Sunday to benefit kids or something.

So people said she was doing more jogging and preparing for that race which was happening 2 days later.

But how would the kidnappers know this.

Just wanted to say "HI, Tricia!" I've missed you. I know we tend to run a little wild at night, but I think you'll be proud to know that we've done a really good job of keeping the conversation respectful and thought provoking. Unless I missed it, I don't think there is anyone currently under the bus. Gold Stars or Golden Stars for everyone??? :happydance:

[h=1]Golden Star recipe[/h]
1 oz vanilla schnapps
3/4 oz amaretto almond liqueur
2 scoops ice cream

Place two scoops of ice-cream in a blender, add liquor, and blend until milkshake-consistancy.

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink161.html

EXACTLY RIGHT which means there is no need to discuss. We have no evidence either way so let's leave this topic alone until or if we ever receive new information about this topic.

Thank you,
Tricia

Agree that Bethel is a Charismatic church. We have to tread carefully here so as not to offend. Many of our American mega-churches are either Charismatic or they at least believe that the spiritual gifts of the New Testament did not cease (although they might not put as much emphasis on the practice as openly Charismatic churches like Bethel).

I have navigated this landscape for a long, long time. There are many good, solid people who consider themselves Charismatic or Pentecostal. Believing in or exercising the gifts doesn't make you mentally ill any more than being a Methodist makes you sane, necessarily.

I do look with suspicion upon CG himself because of things he has said that don't square up. But that has nothing to do with being a member of Bethel. If you're going to be shady, you can do that anywhere.

Agreed entirely (I'm a long time *former* adherent to the charismatic side of things) and I wish no offense on anyone that holds to whatever Bethel teaches.

That aside, to an unbeliever looking in, CG sounds kind of nutty. I get that. But from a purely fact-based worldview, he just comes off as a liar. And, has been proven to be one with his false claim via twitter about his project being granted official status, when it never was and he admitted it (after the fact). It just makes me wonder what else he's been lying about as it pertains to SP's case.

Lake16 has been pretty clear that LE has clamped down on a lot of details, but has also made a point of emphasizing that SP was released by only one person.

Ok, so the obvious idea would be that one of the captors was more humane than the other. But what else? Intervention by a third party? Some sort of rescue?

BBM

Why is that the obvious conclusion? It's not a conclusion to me at all. Abductor #2 may have skipped the trip for any unknown myriad of reasons that we can't begin to speculate.

Just wanted to say "HI, Tricia!" I've missed you. I know we tend to run a little wild at night, but I think you'll be proud to know that we've done a really good job of keeping the conversation respectful and thought provoking. Unless I missed it, I don't think there is anyone currently under the bus. Gold Stars or Golden Stars for everyone??? :happydance:

[h=1]Golden Star recipe[/h]
1 oz vanilla schnapps
3/4 oz amaretto almond liqueur
2 scoops ice cream

Place two scoops of ice-cream in a blender, add liquor, and blend until milkshake-consistancy.

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink161.html

Um thanks... now I want to go out and buy me some liquor and ice cream.

What makes the hose clamps a poor restraint?

I never thought about them being used in this way until this case. After giving it some thought and having used hose clamps to do more than connecting hoses to something I can see that they would be a suitable restraint device. JMO

It sounds as if someone attempted to put some sort of creative thought into the restraints. Why would I spend time putting together a set of hose clamps, connected to a length of chain, when I could zip tie your hands and ankles together and you're not going anywhere? Even LE uses zip ties to incapacitate individuals. Zip ties are almost as useful to have around as Duct Tape, which, come to think of it, Duct Tape would have also been an easy to use option rather than making some sort of a hose clamp restraint.

I think the race was to occur the following weekend...not positive

"At the time of her disappearance, Sherri was training for the Casa Superhero Run in Redding, a 5-kilometer race to benefit abused and neglected children, with participants dressing up in superhero costumes. “Our whole family was going to dress up and run in it,” Keith told PEOPLE."
https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...-and-her-family/amp/?client=ms-android-att-us

The race was for that upcoming Sunday to benefit kids or something.

So people said she was doing more jogging and preparing for that race which was happening 2 days later.

But how would the kidnappers know this.

No no, KP mentioned in the following article--she was preparing for a Thanksgiving DAY race.

The above article was what I was referring to. It appears she was preparing for two entirely different events. Sorted.

This is a really good point because just like you are saying I do know the counting from 1 to 5 but the other stuff you listed I would not know what they were talking about except catching a few of the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257