Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds as if someone attempted to put some sort of creative thought into the restraints. Why would I spend time putting together a set of hose clamps, connected to a length of chain, when I could zip tie your hands and ankles together and you're not going anywhere? Even LE uses zip ties to incapacitate individuals. Zip ties are almost as useful to have around as Duct Tape, which, come to think of it, Duct Tape would have also been an easy to use option rather than making some sort of a hose clamp restraint.

Do we know if the hose clamps were used to restrain her during most of her time in captivity, or were they just used when she was inside the vehicle? I can't remember if that was discussed.

I don't recall the word basement being used but I may be mistaken. I defer to LE or KP's statements. But I think in the past I've made it clear how poor I consider the DM reporting.
Hi Lake! Do you know if the articles about Sherri being kept in a basement are true?

I disagree, but I understand where you're coming from. I am a Christian. So I believe that anything is possible through God. Probably why this subject is so controversial. We're getting into people's religious belief's. I don't believe that everyone who has visions are mentally ill, or on drugs. I do believe that mental illness or drugs could be the cause for some though.

I'm also Christian. My point actually has nothing to do with Bethel or any religion, for that matter. My comment is really meant from a procedural, investigative standpoint. LE looks at everything and everyone. No, not everyone who has a religious experience is mentally ill or on drugs. However, for the sake of the investigation- the Sheriff would need to rule those causes out.

Unless someone has been taught specifically how to tell time in Spanish, however, they may not recognize what they hear as time-telling. She may know "uno, dos, tres, cuatro", etc., but would she recognize "son las once y media de la tarde" (it's 1:30 in the afternoon) or "son las tres menos quarto" "it's 3:45", etc.?

Maybe I am thinking too simplistically. But most stations say the time at the change of the hour. So as the Hourly News comes on, they say :" it's 8 o' clock or it's 9 o'clock. wouldn't that be:

son las ocho en punto. 9 o'clock, son las nueve en punto ...

I don't speak much Spanish, but I would be able to pick out OCHO or NUEVE or CINCO to know what time it was.

I don't recall the word basement being used but I may be mistaken. I defer to LE or KP's statements. But I think in the past I've made it clear how poor I consider the DM reporting.

Well that's good to know because we've spent a lot of time discussing basement homes in CA, or lack there of. This will be a nice one to scratch off the thread unless it's confirmed. Thanks! [emoji4]

I call bull crap on that.

Because they advertised her entire family on 20/20.

So why would they say that this was probably a real sadistic serial rapists or serial killer?

Those people usually kill their vics before releasing them. Jmo.

But the title is sensational. So I'm sure it will get clicks.

As I said when that article was originally posted here a few days ago, I think John Kelly blew it when he mentioned serial killer. This was clearly not the work of a serial killer. If it was, SP would not be alive now. Serial killers do not release their victims. But Kelly is a serial killer profiler, so I guess he had to add that in.

The rest of the article makes total sense. This case is not inconsistent with a typical kidnapping for sexual assault and torture. The fact that women were involved certainly doesn't eliminate the possibility. It's not like women have never been involved in this type of crime before.

I'm also Christian. My point actually has nothing to do with Bethel or any religion, for that matter. My comment is really meant from a procedural, investigative standpoint. LE looks at everything and everyone. No, not everyone who has a religious experience is mentally ill or on drugs. However, for the sake of the investigation- the Sheriff would need to rule those causes out.

Very true. Everything needs to be looked at. I do agree. :)

It sounds as if someone attempted to put some sort of creative thought into the restraints. Why would I spend time putting together a set of hose clamps, connected to a length of chain, when I could zip tie your hands and ankles together and you're not going anywhere? Even LE uses zip ties to incapacitate individuals. Zip ties are almost as useful to have around as Duct Tape, which, come to think of it, Duct Tape would have also been an easy to use option rather than making some sort of a hose clamp restraint.

JMO
Ive thought about this too and the only thing I can come up with is the hose clamps were part of what they used around her wrists or ankles to keep her chained up wherever they were holding her for the 22 days.

Then when it came time to release her they found it easier just to leave the clamps on her and probably zip tie her to the vehicle with plastic zip ties.

The reason I think it was zip ties in the vehicle is the word "cut" or "cut her loose" was used to describe how they cut her free and got her out of the vehicle.

For the hose clamps. I think wherever she was being held they wanted to fasten her to something solid in the place. Like lets say a steel table and so they had maybe a long chain where she could move around a little bit but they didnt want her moving too far from the place they anchored her to. So they needed something to fasten the long chain to her body. And they wanted it solid enough where she could not work herself free at night when people slept. So some clamps around her wrists or ankles is what I was thinking they may have used. Kind of like we see prisoners shackled at the ankles. Maybe these perps were in jail or prison before and had the idea from there.

Not sure why they didnt have hand cuffs though. Hand cuffs seem much easier than something like hose clamps. And not sure how they fastened the clamps permanently because most have screws or bolts that could be undone.

Anyway its just the way I envisioned what they did.

The "risk" is getting pulled over, correct? That is the risk you were talking about in your original post.

You get pulled over when you commit a traffic violation. That is no more likely to happen if I'm driving around in a radius than if I'm driving in a straight line.

So it's related to my observing the traffic laws, not the route I'm driving. Do you see what I mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that driving straight down I-5 doing the speed limit for 2.5 hours would be less risky than driving around Redding with traffic signals and stop signs to be careful of.

I've driven from Sacramento to Anderson, which is just south of Redding, a bunch of times and you don't see a lot of CHP. If you keep the speed reasonable, like under 80, your not going to be pulled over. JMO

Maybe I am thinking too simplistically. But most stations say the time at the change of the hour. So as the Hourly News comes on, they say :" it's 8 o' clock or it's 9 o'clock. wouldn't that be:

son las ocho en punto. 9 o'clock, son las nueve en punto ...

I don't speak much Spanish, but I would be able to pick out OCHO or NUEVE or CINCO to know what time it was.

Many radio stations give the time after news casts, before commercial breaks, etc. It's not uncommon to hear "This is John Doe, you are listening to WWWW, and it's 3:13 p.m."

Unless someone has been taught specifically how to tell time in Spanish, however, they may not recognize what they hear as time-telling. She may know "uno, dos, tres, cuatro", etc., but would she recognize "son las once y media de la tarde" (it's 1:30 in the afternoon) or "son las tres menos quarto" "it's 3:45", etc.?

Please don't be offended but 1:30 pm is "es la una y media de la tarde" but you are correct that it's not the same as knowing numbers 1-10.

Please don't be offended but 1:30 pm is "es la una y media de la tarde" but you are correct that it's not the same as knowing numbers 1-10.

Oh,no
offense taken. Actually, I was saying 11:30. Once (ohn-say) = eleven. Of course, I did screw up by saying "de la tarde". It should be "de la manana"!

but thanks!

Lake, do you know how active SP was in CASA or any other support groups? Somewhere I read that she had helped teens, but I don't recall the source or how credible it may have been. A friend of mine has been involved with CASA and many of the children she's sponsored throughout the years still visit her regularly.

Hi Lake, I'm wondering if you are able to tell us if Sherri was moved around a lot while she was being held or did she stay in one place the whole time? TIA

BBM

Why is that the obvious conclusion? It's not a conclusion to me at all. Abductor #2 may have skipped the trip for any unknown myriad of reasons that we can't begin to speculate.

I think it's the obvious one because SP is alive. Sure, abductor #2 might have been otherwise engaged, but it seems logical that with one person driving, it would be ideal to have a partner to control SP and get her out of the vehicle as quickly as possible.

Anyway, Lake16 seems to think it's an important detail, so I do too. I was hoping to elicit other theories, is all.

Agreed entirely (I'm a long time *former* adherent to the charismatic side of things) and I wish no offense on anyone that holds to whatever Bethel teaches.

That aside, to an unbeliever looking in, CG sounds kind of nutty. I get that. But from a purely fact-based worldview, he just comes off as a liar. And, has been proven to be one with his false claim via twitter about his project being granted official status, when it never was and he admitted it (after the fact). It just makes me wonder what else he's been lying about as it pertains to SP's case.

I don't think he's nutty, exactly. I think he's caught up in a movement which includes some magical thinking. I think it's well-suited to him, frankly, as he's a bit of a showman, but if his brain is telling him to avoid the FBI when in fact they could help him or use his help I don't see that as a positive. It doesn't instill any confidence, and I agree he's told some lies.

Please note I am saying this respectfully. I know members here attend churches like Bethel (or others) but there are also skeptics here. I'm not judging anyone nor do I mean to offend. Just applying some more observations to our ongoing examination of CG.

Lake, do you know how active SP was in CASA or any other support groups? Somewhere I read that she had helped teens, but I don't recall the source or how credible it may have been. A friend of mine has been involved with CASA and many of the children she's sponsored throughout the years still visit her regularly.

I don't know much about it, but I do know she was preparing for the CASA run. Apparently it is an annual thing for her for a number of years. Her family was going to participate this year also, as were members of her extended family.

JMO
Ive thought about this too and the only thing I can come up with is the hose clamps were part of what they used around her wrists or ankles to keep her chained up wherever they were holding her for the 22 days.

Then when it came time to release her they found it easier just to leave the clamps on her and probably zip tie her to the vehicle with plastic zip ties.

The reason I think it was zip ties in the vehicle is the word "cut" or "cut her loose" was used to describe how they cut her free and got her out of the vehicle.

For the hose clamps. I think wherever she was being held they wanted to fasten her to something solid in the place. Like lets say a steel table and so they had maybe a long chain where she could move around a little bit but they didnt want her moving too far from the place they anchored her to. So they needed something to fasten the long chain to her body. And they wanted it solid enough where she could not work herself free at night when people slept. So some clamps around her wrists or ankles is what I was thinking they may have used. Kind of like we see prisoners shackled at the ankles. Maybe these perps were in jail or prison before and had the idea from there.

Not sure why they didnt have hand cuffs though. Hand cuffs seem much easier than something like hose clamps. And not sure how they fastened the clamps permanently because most have screws or bolts that could be undone.

Anyway its just the way I envisioned what they did.

Maybe I'm missing the point...how does the type of restraints hold any baring on how, why and who abducted SP?
They are common items. It sort of feels that the conversation about this is more about morbid curiosity than sleuthing.
Sorry...just sayin...

Due to the ongoing nature of the investigation I'm not at liberty to discuss this.

Hi Lake, I'm wondering if you are able to tell us if Sherri was moved around a lot while she was being held or did she stay in one place the whole time? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantum-Dark